• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd slightly concerning that TL reckons because the Trust/Supporters groups put out a few statements about "holding off" on buying a ST that 30% of people haven't opted to renew! People are slightly move savy than that, let's be honest. The %age price increase would have certainly had a greater effect than a few statements do, so they've only got themselves to blame...

It'd slightly concerning that TL reckons because the Trust/Supporters groups put out a few statements about "holding off" on buying a ST that 30% of people haven't opted to renew! People are slightly move savy than that, let's be honest. The %age price increase would have certainly had a greater effect than a few statements do, so they've only got themselves to blame...

Dear oh dear...confirms my worries about him.

I've certainly been told more good than bad about him but I've still got serious questions. Sure, he is working with one (both!?) hands behind his back but comments like this doesn't inspire me with confidence. We were told by the club (so either RM or TL) that when the HMRC were paid off all would be fine for the foreseeable but look where we are 8 weeks later!

Also I'm presuming that after his comment, that the club owe the HMRC less than 200k so I guess that's a good sign that it isn't a hefty amount. If let's say, we owe 500k then his comment is even more out of line in regards to the supporters groups statement/s!

I certainly don't agree with what he said, but he is trying to work in exceptionally difficult circumstances, so he will say some surprising, disagreeable things at times I guess. He's only human.

I'm surprised he's still with the club, but we should be thankful he is. Hopefully, he's a voice of reason in Ron's ear. Could you imagine if, at this crucial ti.e, Ron was running things all by himself again?

Last edited:
So someone says something that he believes that frankly in my opinion is true and some fans can't hack it. No wonder they choose to say little. If the short fall is £200k and the difference in season ticket sales is 1000 less which equates to £200k, it seems pretty obvious to me. And I can't see any blame being put anywhere. Simply stating a fact.

So someone says something that he believes that frankly in my opinion is true and some fans can't hack it. No wonder they choose to say little. If the short fall is £200k and the difference in season ticket sales is 1000 less which equates to £200k, it seems pretty obvious to me. And I can't see any blame being put anywhere. Simply stating a fact.
That's what I made of it too, he did even say he wasn't having a pop just putting out a factual statement.

We've been lied to so much now (not by TL) that people won't believe anything. Sad state of affairs.

its a bit like an abusive relationship. If you constantly lie, break promises, lead someone down a darker path, dont be surprised and blame them if they start to withdraw a bit, In this case withdraw some hard earned cash in tough times.

Its staggering beyond belief just how loyal Southend fans have been given the torment Ron has bug.er.d them through, Yet, we keep coming back for more, despite Rons dreadful Management, level of self interest and inability to relate

To even hint at laying it on the supporters would be a further appalling act of abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back