• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, but what would be the justification of a points deduction, or are you saying they might do it anyway?
I don't necessarily think there will be a points deduction, but I think that's more likely than being demoted, suspended or expelled from the National League at this stage. The justification could be that a registration/transfer embargo is not deemed a sufficient sanction given the club have defaulted on payments to and failed to come to an arrangement with HMRC since the end of September 2022.

Reading the minutes I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Tom. 1,000 less season tickets has made his job even more difficult than it was and that was impossible.
True and none of this is on Tom but it's a shame he's naive enough to think the drop is down to one statement by supporters groups (who later revised their position) and not about the years of mismanagement, lack of communication, and sabotage of the last five seasons on the pitch by off-field failings.

I truly believe we wouldn't still exist if it weren't for Tom, but also he's not above criticism. Communication from the club to the supporters during what has been an extremely worrying couple of years has been atrocious.

That is now coming home to roost and Southend United cannot blame anyone else but Southend United.

True and none of this is on Tom but it's a shame he's naive enough to think the drop is down to one statement by supporters groups (who later revised their position) and not about the years of mismanagement, lack of communication, and sabotage of the last five seasons on the pitch by off-field failings.

I truly believe we wouldn't still exist if it weren't for Tom, but also he's not above criticism. Communication from the club to the supporters during what has been an extremely worrying couple of years has been atrocious.

That is now coming home to roost and Southend United cannot blame anyone else but Southend United.
Nail, meet head.

Is there a copy of these referenced minutes available please?

The link on the ST website doesn't seem to be working?

Is there a copy of these referenced minutes available please?

The link on the ST website doesn't seem to be working?

I’m getting the same saying there is a temporary server error. Have checked last few meetings and same message.

Please God no. Was apparently interviewed by Farage on GB News earlier. Sums him up.

Also I don't like the sound of some of these rumours. Redknapp, Ray Winstone, Frank Lampard Snr. We desperately need to shed the reputation of the city/club as some kind of Cockney/west ham plaything and this will set us back years.
What’s wrong with farage thought this is a football fourm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back