• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm one thing please. I see people keep saying Ron will drive a hard bargain and may dig his heels in. But am i right in thinking that its the agents that will be doing the negotiating and i assume they will have all in place to negotiate and agree the right and best deal for the club? i assumed Ron would be out of the equation otherwise what is he paying the agents for?
It’s his company ,he decides if he wants to accept an offer .
The agents can advise all they like ,if Mr Martin doesn’t like an offer he can say NO

Can someone confirm one thing please. I see people keep saying Ron will drive a hard bargain and may dig his heels in. But am i right in thinking that its the agents that will be doing the negotiating and i assume they will have all in place to negotiate and agree the right and best deal for the club? i assumed Ron would be out of the equation otherwise what is he paying the agents for?

He’s paying the agents to find a buyer (and to legitimise the sale when facing HMRC in court). Ultimately the agent acts according to the client’s instructions.

The interesting thing to look for is whether the agents are instructed on the sale of the stadium or not. Look for a court case on this in a few years time when Ron only pays the agents on the sale price of the club and not on the stadium (where the real money is)….

He’s paying the agents to find a buyer (and to legitimise the sale when facing HMRC in court). Ultimately the agent acts according to the client’s instructions.

The interesting thing to look for is whether the agents are instructed on the sale of the stadium or not. Look for a court case on this in a few years time when Ron only pays the agents on the sale price of the club and not on the stadium (where the real money is)….

If it's like buying a house then the the agents will be paid by the solicitors before Ron gets his hands on it

72994B78-ADA6-4FB0-9E5A-3D00523CD141.jpegcompletely appreciate this was a few years back but if the ship completely sinks any chance Harry would chuck Ron a £5 last minute it pick up any pieces left 🤔 wishful thinking I guess, but they are friends apparently.

View attachment 26290completely appreciate this was a few years back but if the ship completely sinks any chance Harry would chuck Ron a £5 last minute it pick up any pieces left 🤔 wishful thinking I guess, but they are friends apparently.

Christ, I really hope not.

Wasn't he the same fella who said on Bobby Moores disastrous stint as Southend manager "what could anyone do down there"

Can't stand Redknap

Christ, I really hope not.

Wasn't he the same fella who said on Bobby Moores disastrous stint as Southend manager "what could anyone do down there"

Can't stand Redknap
To be fair, my brother and I had a 20 minute chat with him in the lobby of the Marriott hotel in Sydney when he was managing Jordan for a 3-game stint back in 2016 and he came across as a thoroughly nice guy. He knew a surprising amount about lower league football and some of the SUFC academy players.

He also put some tickets aside for us, but we were glad not to have taken him up on the offer as the Socceroos smashed them 5-1. It probably wasn't a good sign that his supposed "star players" spent most of the match day outside the hotel chain smoking!

With all that said, I would not want him as owner/co-owner of our club, although he could hardly be worse than the charlatan currently in charge.

On a positive note for Yeovil. I see they have agreed new ownership today.

Hopefully we can follow suit
I'm not so sure we will now........ Southend situation looks to messy, a club with no assets, who's accounts are 3 years out of date and no planning permission for new stadium. Would take brave man overlook all of the wrongs at Southend to take punt on us.

By Chris Phillips@cjphillips1982Chief sports reporter
2 Comments
Heavily criticised - Southend United chairman Ron Martin (Image: Focus Images)

FOOTBALL finance expert Kieran Maguire has hit out at Ron Martin’s running of Southend United.
The Shrimpers are back in the High Court again next Wednesday following another winding up petition from HMRC.
And, speaking on his Price of Football podcast, Maguire admitted he felt Martin’s ownership was unfair on those involved with the club and that he did not have the best interests of Blues at heart.
“Southend are back at square one with another winding up order,” said Maguire.
“I fully anticipate there will be procrastination and delay from Ron Martin again.
“He will try to get the judge to say I’ll give you another four or five weeks but it’s not fair on the people involved and it’s a cause for concern.”
Blues, who paid off a tax bill of close to £2million at the start of March, have been in a transfer embargo since September due to outstanding tax bills.
The club’s full-time office staff are still waiting to be paid for April and Maguire is fully aware of the growing sense of frustration at Roots Hall.
“I’ve been liaising with somebody at Southend and we have to preserve that person’s privacy but they’ve said this is another Ron Martin masterclass in how not to deal with HMRC,” said Maguire.
“He would have had much more leeway if he wasn’t so combative with them over the years.”
And Maguire also revealed he had been told that head coach Kevin Maher and his backroom team are running out of patience.
“This person also goes on to say that everybody in the football department is f****d off, disillusioned and at the point where if other clubs wanted their services who could blame them if they went,” said Maguire.
“They’ve done well this year Southend in trying circumstances.
“They’ve had a decent season in the National League.
“The fans have stayed loyal and travelled in numbers.
“You can understand the despair and the disillusionment with somebody who has not got the best interests of the football club at heart.
“He’s seen Roots Hall as an opportunity to make money from a property perspective and your heart goes out to the people working there who don’t know how long they’ve got a job there or have any certainty at the start of every month whether or not they will be paid.”
Co-host Kevin Day added: “I don’t understand how he’s allowed to keep on getting away with it.
“But he won’t keep getting away with it because the brinkmanship will fail.
“It beggars belief.”

I would be fine with Arry and his mates. They would know what they were doing and what they were getting into.
Have a look at what's happened to
the likes of Pompey and Southampton after he's been involved in their finance, not to mention his shocking recommendations to Ron over the years.

All this chirpy cockney stuff is BS because the man's a fraud who's as dodgy as they come.

View attachment 26290completely appreciate this was a few years back but if the ship completely sinks any chance Harry would chuck Ron a £5 last minute it pick up any pieces left 🤔 wishful thinking I guess, but they are friends apparently.
Please God no. Was apparently interviewed by Farage on GB News earlier. Sums him up.

Also I don't like the sound of some of these rumours. Redknapp, Ray Winstone, Frank Lampard Snr. We desperately need to shed the reputation of the city/club as some kind of Cockney/west ham plaything and this will set us back years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back