• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 26290completely appreciate this was a few years back but if the ship completely sinks any chance Harry would chuck Ron a £5 last minute it pick up any pieces left 🤔 wishful thinking I guess, but they are friends apparently.

This says lower-league not non league so that's us ruled out.

From what I heard Harry used Ron to get his mates jobs and Ron thinks they're friends. Ron always wet his pants over a big name.

I don’t think we will hear anything being concluded before 17th May, but I am sure the impending WUP has focused minds and significant progress is being made with the parties, I suspect there is a favoured party that has been selected/leaned towards more, without closing the door completely on the other options on the table. I suspect as many others we will get an adjournment next week to conclude the sale and I’m confident this will be completed or close to being completed prior to the NL AGM and we won’t be expelled as we will be able to provide evidence of the impending transfer of ownership that will satisfy the league. We all just need to have little faith in the process and probably acknowledge that Ron knows his time is up and wants out now as much as we want him out, and note Ron is not handling the negotiations with the interested parties.

Yes while I appreciate he is the owner with the majority of the shares he also knows and accepts and he has said (queue everyone saying can’t believe a word Ron says) he won’t get the money that is currently showing as a charge against the club. There are many good people involved in the club that also have the ear of Ron and know how position the process to Ron that makes him see certain points positively.

Let’s keep the faith in the people at the club and the sport agency that are involved in the sale process and there are more people involved in the sale process than most realise from Southend side that have a strong influence on the process.

We will have positive news soon… how soon I can’t say/don’t know. But we are coming to the end of the tunnel and there is plenty of light.
Really good post and pretty much where I am regarding the process and progress.

My fear with the bit in bold is that they may not currently just be looking at our future, and might be under increasing pressure to sanction us for rule breaches last season.

As Torquay's local press said, clubs have been kicked out and demoted in the past for less. Hard to argue with that.

Gunning for us, the bastards.

“Even if Southend are given yet another stay of execution, the NL have demoted clubs in the past for considerably less, and they would be under pressure to take action again now.”

I have a big problem with other clubs and other football people pushing for clubs to be ****ed like that. I get looking after yourselves, I get that rules may have been broken.....but it's not like we finished a place and fewer than 3 points ahead of them is it? We haven't had a direct effect on Torquay getting relegated. That happened over the course of 46 games, across which they didn't do enough to deserve to stay up.

The utter gall of anybody involved in football at any level to advocate nearly destroying another club to get out of the consequences of their own shortcomings.

And before anybody else says "oh, but if the shoe was on the other foot". **** no. Unless another club's blatant and brazen cheating, without any ambiguity, directly affected my club I could never bring myself to push for this to happen to another club. Think about fans, the community and the livelihoods of those who'd lose jobs.

I've said the same since Luton got ****ed by the EFL. Sanction the owner, not the club. Whilst I understand regulations are regulations, it's just not that black and white. The idea of "this club is clearly financially ****ed, so let's financially **** it some more just to make sure" will never, ever carry any logic to me whatsoever.

It’s his company ,he decides if he wants to accept an offer .
The agents can advise all they like ,if Mr Martin doesn’t like an offer he can say NO
He still has to sign off on it.

Not to mention the fact that he is a) a control freak, and b) prone to 180 degree changes of mind at the drop of a hat.

To be honest, if the redknapps purchased SUFC, I would presume that we as a club, would be nursery club for wetspam, blooding their younger players, making them ready for the next leap up.

If that was to be the case, then that would be the day I would say goodbye to our SUFC.

We are our own club by right and we will forge our own way up through the leagues to were will should be.
We will not become a little Nursery School for them hamsters down the road.

Torquay supporters should be ashamed of themselves ,wishing the demise etc of another club . I wouldnt wish that on any club no matter my feelings toward them.
I totally agree with you. However, there were a number of Southend fans wishing the same when we got relegated from league 2. I can't remember the club (I think Oldham) who looked like they might get a points deduction or worse at the time, which would have meant us staying up. Fans were desperately clutching at straws, much like the Gulls fans.

We should have, and did, go down deservedly. Torquay have equally done the same.

Really good post and pretty much where I am regarding the process and progress.

My fear with the bit in bold is that they may not currently just be looking at our future, and might be under increasing pressure to sanction us for rule breaches last season.

As Torquay's local press said, clubs have been kicked out and demoted in the past for less. Hard to argue with that.

I have a big problem with other clubs and other football people pushing for clubs to be ****ed like that. I get looking after yourselves, I get that rules may have been broken.....but it's not like we finished a place and fewer than 3 points ahead of them is it? We haven't had a direct effect on Torquay getting relegated. That happened over the course of 46 games, across which they didn't do enough to deserve to stay up.

The utter gall of anybody involved in football at any level to advocate nearly destroying another club to get out of the consequences of their own shortcomings.

And before anybody else says "oh, but if the shoe was on the other foot". **** no. Unless another club's blatant and brazen cheating, without any ambiguity, directly affected my club I could never bring myself to push for this to happen to another club. Think about fans, the community and the livelihoods of those who'd lose jobs.

I've said the same since Luton got ****ed by the EFL. Sanction the owner, not the club. Whilst I understand regulations are regulations, it's just not that black and white. The idea of "this club is clearly financially ****ed, so let's financially **** it some more just to make sure" will never, ever carry any logic to me whatsoever.

He still has to sign off on it.

Not to mention the fact that he is a) a control freak, and b) prone to 180 degree changes of mind at the drop of a hat.
Agree with much of the above, but I read the part in bold about clubs being demoted for much less in the Devon press and wanted them to provide examples.

Gateshead were initially expelled from the National League and refused a 2019/20 license for a combination of factors. They breached rules on financial reporting and permitted loans, had defaulted on payments to football creditors and failed to provide security of tenure on their ground. They got new owners and were demoted to National League North on appeal.

The other recent example is Macclesfield Town. They were only expelled from the National League after being wound-up in September 2020. They were accepted into the National League having missed payments to players the previous season (resulting in them failing to fulfil two EFL fixtures) and with an impending 12th hearing of the same winding-up petition (not a fresh one).

Those are the two recent cases I can think of; if there are examples of others, I’m happy to be educated.

We have been sanctioned for defaulting on payments to HMRC as we’ve been under an embargo since the end of September. Whilst the National League has the ability to demote, suspend or expel the club, they would need to be able to make the case that we can’t satisfy them we’ll be in a position to start or complete the season.

Whilst I’m far from happy with the current situation at the club, I’m not sure we’ve reached that stage yet, and I’m also unconvinced that any clubs other than Torquay would potentially want to lobby for it. A more likely additional sanction, if the league wanted to flex its muscles, would be a points deduction.

Agree with much of the above, but I read the part in bold about clubs being demoted for much less in the Devon press and wanted them to provide examples.

Gateshead were initially expelled from the National League and refused a 2019/20 license for a combination of factors. They breached rules on financial reporting and permitted loans, had defaulted on payments to football creditors and failed to provide security of tenure on their ground. They got new owners and were demoted to National League North on appeal.

The other recent example is Macclesfield Town. They were only expelled from the National League after being wound-up in September 2020. They were accepted into the National League having missed payments to players the previous season (resulting in them failing to fulfil two EFL fixtures) and with an impending 12th hearing of the same winding-up petition (not a fresh one).

Those are the two recent cases I can think of; if there are examples of others, I’m happy to be educated.

We have been sanctioned for defaulting on payments to HMRC as we’ve been under an embargo since the end of September. Whilst the National League has the ability to demote, suspend or expel the club, they would need to be able to make the case that we can’t satisfy them we’ll be in a position to start or complete the season.

Whilst I’m far from happy with the current situation at the club, I’m not sure we’ve reached that stage yet, and I’m also unconvinced that any clubs other than Torquay would potentially want to lobby for it. A more likely additional sanction, if the league wanted to flex its muscles, would be a points deduction.
Interesting, but what would be the justification of a points deduction, or are you saying they might do it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back