• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see a scenario where Ron as the largest stakeholder, actively selling the club, files for administration. It's at that point he loses all control of the situation.

I think it's probably too late for that now. I'm sure I saw something somewhere which suggested Administration needs to be filed x days before a court case. That said without any confirmation of that, I suppose Admin cannot be fully ruled out. Ive added the 5th option.

I think the expert on the supporters group calls dispelled that.

Administration can be called any time before the appointed court time.

Just see this post on southend protest group👍🏼

As the club’s precarious position continues and the silence from the owner deafens, we believe the fan base deserves answers.
Chris Phillips of the Echo has put 10 questions addressing fans concerns to the chairman, demanding clarity on the immediate future of the football club.
To date, these questions remain unanswered.
This is unacceptable and therefore, we will be taking these questions directly to the chairman at **18:30 on Friday evening to the top of Vicarage Hill**.
Fellow Shrimpers are welcome to assist in delivering these questions and demands to the chairman. We only request that as before, no alcohol is to be on any persons when attending.
#GIVEUP
#GETOUT
#GONOW
#MARTINOUT

Just see this post on southend protest group👍🏼

As the club’s precarious position continues and the silence from the owner deafens, we believe the fan base deserves answers.
Chris Phillips of the Echo has put 10 questions addressing fans concerns to the chairman, demanding clarity on the immediate future of the football club.
To date, these questions remain unanswered.
This is unacceptable and therefore, we will be taking these questions directly to the chairman at **18:30 on Friday evening to the top of Vicarage Hill**.
Fellow Shrimpers are welcome to assist in delivering these questions and demands to the chairman. We only request that as before, no alcohol is to be on any persons when attending.
#GIVEUP
#GETOUT
#GONOW
#MARTINOUT
Nothing like giving your opponent the "heads up".

Still, I hope that they won't be too rowdy, I only live around the corner and like my tranquil Friday evenings.

I think the expert on the supporters group calls dispelled that.

Administration can be called any time before the appointed court time.
Indeed that was what was said.

He needs to present prior clear evidence that there is a realistic likelihood of the debts being settled near term (via a loan or from other sources e.g. another land sale or the development) or as a result of the club being sold.

He could well present all alternatives above as being realistic. in other words either way he will be able to settle the debt whether the sale happens or not. This is advisable as long as there is evidence to support it.

Nonetheless he will likely present that the sale is the preferred option and progressing, and provide supporting evidence from the agency and prospective buyers that the progress is real.

Note a couple of points. He probably won't need to be able to go as far as to show a sale is a agreed, just that there is a realistic likelihood of it completing within a short timeframe.

The judge and HMRC may get to see the detail regarding the prospective buyers. But don't be surprised if the judge agrees that this can be kept confidential. Particularly if it is demonstrated that parties are subject to an NDA.

Needless to say I want him to be able to present a sale as agreed subject to the court or at least who the buyers are. Realistically I suspect not. But fingers crossed...

PS I say subject to the court as he can't complete a sale without permission of the court to protect the interests of creditors for example.

Can someone confirm one thing please. I see people keep saying Ron will drive a hard bargain and may dig his heels in. But am i right in thinking that its the agents that will be doing the negotiating and i assume they will have all in place to negotiate and agree the right and best deal for the club? i assumed Ron would be out of the equation otherwise what is he paying the agents for?

Can someone confirm one thing please. I see people keep saying Ron will drive a hard bargain and may dig his heels in. But am i right in thinking that its the agents that will be doing the negotiating and i assume they will have all in place to negotiate and agree the right and best deal for the club? i assumed Ron would be out of the equation otherwise what is he paying the agents for?
The same reason you pay an estate agent.

Correct it should be all drawn up … and passed over to the agents to sell but I’m not well clued up on that

Different situation but when the Washington Redskins sale was being negotiated, agents did most of the work, but when it came time to agree on the bottom line, the owner then started moving goalposts and digging his heels in.

Note: I know they changed their name, but that new name is ****.

Ron will need to agree the best terms the Agent can achieve for him.

He could choose not to sell if no option that works for him (financially or otherwise) is presented.

As above, a lot like an estate agent.

If southend are sunk then a team that were beaten in the playoffs should be promoted .Torquay were relegated because they was not good enough to stay up . Lets all hope things go well wed s so torquay can go and do one .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back