• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest issue remains communication. Ron has been at the club for over 25 years and shows such contempt for the fans and staff (his claims of staff being rewarded doesn’t wash, talk is cheap). He causes many of his own problems, he’d get far less stick if he or someone in an official capacity at the club proactively came out and shared updates on important topics. Even if it is a holding statement I.e. ‘we’re speaking with an interested party and hope to announce something soon but unable to say more at this stage..’, ‘we’ll be speaking to HMRC and concluding a plan to be out the embargo by xxth / the end of May’. …’Current finances dictate we’ll reduce the academy to only run an under 19 year next year.’.. The lack of this is what frustrates the masses.

Last edited:
I don’t think we will hear anything being concluded before 17th May, but I am sure the impending WUP has focused minds and significant progress is being made with the parties, I suspect there is a favoured party that has been selected/leaned towards more, without closing the door completely on the other options on the table. I suspect as many others we will get an adjournment next week to conclude the sale and I’m confident this will be completed or close to being completed prior to the NL AGM and we won’t be expelled as we will be able to provide evidence of the impending transfer of ownership that will satisfy the league. We all just need to have little faith in the process and probably acknowledge that Ron knows his time is up and wants out now as much as we want him out, and note Ron is not handling the negotiations with the interested parties.

Yes while I appreciate he is the owner with the majority of the shares he also knows and accepts and he has said (queue everyone saying can’t believe a word Ron says) he won’t get the money that is currently showing as a charge against the club. There are many good people involved in the club that also have the ear of Ron and know how position the process to Ron that makes him see certain points positively.

Let’s keep the faith in the people at the club and the sport agency that are involved in the sale process and there are more people involved in the sale process than most realise from Southend side that have a strong influence on the process.

We will have positive news soon… how soon I can’t say/don’t know. But we are coming to the end of the tunnel and there is plenty of light.
i will pack my torch away now if you say there`s some light at the end of the tunnel . we all deserve to see a very bright light after the last few years of follow our team .

Well they've got a week to come to some sort of agreement to satisfy the courts/HMRC. I guess this will be our 1st indication that whether or not some sort of deal is in the pipeline. I can see Ron trying to play hardball up and until the last minute, but if hopefully Mr Nash and his consortium are involved then Ron I suspect would not even be in their league when it comes to negotiating.

Completely unaware of what the court is going to ask of, do you reckon we'll have somewhat some sort of unofficial update on the sale of the club completely due to the fact that we have to present what is happening and being put in place for this debt to be paid to HMRC?

(I hope I wrote this in a way it makes sense)

Completely unaware of what the court is going to ask of, do you reckon we'll have somewhat some sort of unofficial update on the sale of the club completely due to the fact that we have to present what is happening and being put in place for this debt to be paid to HMRC?

(I hope I wrote this in a way it makes sense)
The way I see it, there's 4 maybe 5 options.

1. Ron pays what is owed and case is dismissed.

2. Ron shows proof of funds arriving shortly via a loan and case adjourned (like the last WUP)

3. Ron shows proof of club sale (completed or pre-agreement) and case adjourned.

4. Ron does nothing and club is liquidated.

5. Ron puts the club into Administration (Not sure if this is an option?)

Option 2 or 3 would be the most likely outcome IMO. I'm hoping 3 and we might learn a little about prospective new owners. Although info maybe somewhat censored.

2. Ron shows proof of funds arriving shortly via a loan and case adjourned (like the last WUP)

3. Ron shows proof of club sale (completed or pre-agreement) and case adjourned.

Option 2 or 3 would be the most likely outcome IMO. I'm hoping 3 and we might learn a little about prospective new owners. Although info maybe somewhat censored.
AS Smiffy Says. Hopefully point 3 and that we might hear that some sort of deal is in the offing. Would bring some sort of hope that all is not lost.

If details of a prospective sale are produced to the judge I wonder if the judge in his/hers deliberation would verbally mention the potential buyers name in Court. If so would be great if any zoner could make it the public gallery and hear names.

Is there a 5th option where we go into administration prior to the court date? Probably not as likely as 2 or 3, but more likely than 4 and 1?

Is there a 5th option where we go into administration prior to the court date? Probably not as likely as 2 or 3, but more likely than 4 and 1?
I think it's probably too late for that now. I'm sure I saw something somewhere which suggested Administration needs to be filed x days before a court case. That said without any confirmation of that, I suppose Admin cannot be fully ruled out. Ive added the 5th option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back