• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if this has been shared or if it will be this guy but watching this makes me really hope it will be…
Watching that ,i really do hope Steve Nash and his consortium buy SUFC. Everything he said about building a club up and with an academy is the way to go ,The man not only loves football but also knows football, its in his blood , i just hope and pray SUFC can be in his blood also.

Ita a wait and see game .Wait and see what happens on the 17th in court .Wait and see if we have a buyer wating in the wings who ever it maybe . No one really knows any of the answers .So its a nail bitting time for us fans .Lets all hope for a good outcome .

I hear you. I also hear of interest from my own contacts.

But patience is wearing thin. We could literally be bust in a matter of days.

IF we survive the court case, we have to prove our capability to compete in the national league next season or face expulsion.

Whatever is happening in the background needs to happen, and fast, or we could be finished.

I'll be really disappointed if/when it's not him. My sister lives in Vancouver so I've done a bit of research into Vancouver Whitecaps and he seems a upstanding person. We can dream.

PS I see Graeme le Saux is also on the board of Mallorca according to Wikipedia.

I don’t think we will hear anything being concluded before 17th May, but I am sure the impending WUP has focused minds and significant progress is being made with the parties, I suspect there is a favoured party that has been selected/leaned towards more, without closing the door completely on the other options on the table. I suspect as many others we will get an adjournment next week to conclude the sale and I’m confident this will be completed or close to being completed prior to the NL AGM and we won’t be expelled as we will be able to provide evidence of the impending transfer of ownership that will satisfy the league. We all just need to have little faith in the process and probably acknowledge that Ron knows his time is up and wants out now as much as we want him out, and note Ron is not handling the negotiations with the interested parties.

Yes while I appreciate he is the owner with the majority of the shares he also knows and accepts and he has said (queue everyone saying can’t believe a word Ron says) he won’t get the money that is currently showing as a charge against the club. There are many good people involved in the club that also have the ear of Ron and know how position the process to Ron that makes him see certain points positively.

Let’s keep the faith in the people at the club and the sport agency that are involved in the sale process and there are more people involved in the sale process than most realise from Southend side that have a strong influence on the process.

We will have positive news soon… how soon I can’t say/don’t know. But we are coming to the end of the tunnel and there is plenty of light.

Looks like the Southend Fans protest group is planning a demo outside Rons house at 18.30 tomorrow night demanding answers to what is going on at the club..

Cant see them having any more luck at getting answers than the BBC or CP.
I Think they have done that before with no results..

I'll settle
Looks like the Southend Fans protest group is planning a demo outside Rons house at 18.30 tomorrow night demanding answers to what is going on at the club..

Cant see them having any more luck at getting answers than the BBC or CP.
I Think they have done that before with no results..
As with all things, if fans want to do that then they should. Will it provide any more information? I very much doubt it, especially if sale discussions are still at NDA stage.

I'll settle

As with all things, if fans want to do that then they should. Will it provide any more information? I very much doubt it, especially if sale discussions are still at NDA stage.
FWIW - I think they want answers on how we could possibly be back in court after only a couple of months, why some staff haven't been paid and what is being done to keep us afloat until we do eventually get sold. Can't imagine they will get many answers, unfortunately, but I applaud their effort.

FWIW - I think they want answers on how we could possibly be back in court after only a couple of months, why some staff haven't been paid and what is being done to keep us afloat until we do eventually get sold. Can't imagine they will get many answers, unfortunately, but I applaud their effort.
It's highly likely that the court appearance, and the ongoing wages issues are all linked to the sale. So he will give nothing away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back