• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question..

Does the value of the sale go down considerably if we lose the majority of our playing staff? Or are the other assets (?) enough not to concern buyer and sellers?

My thinking here is there might be some pressure on Ron to speed up the sale to get the best price (before assets walk out the door). Or maybe delay on the buyers side to get SUFC at the lowest price…

???

Question..

Does the value of the sale go down considerably if we lose the majority of our playing staff? Or are the other assets (?) enough not to concern buyer and sellers?

My thinking here is there might be some pressure on Ron to speed up the sale to get the best price (before assets walk out the door). Or maybe delay on the buyers side to get SUFC at the lowest price…

???

They are conference players. It's not like we will be losing Haaland etc.

Most of players could be brought for a few mitre delta and a packet of rolos

All this rubbish about needing serious money to het out of the league needs to stop.

Did Sutton have serious money, or Grimsby or what about Hartlepool before that?.

It's only really worked with Wrexham who got every decision going for them and to be quite honest I thought over 2 games we were the better team.

Notts county are by far a better side in every sense and for our sake I do hope they go up because if chesterfield are the bar then it's not going to be as tough as it was last season I'm sure of that.

The ONLY reason we didn't cement a play off place, is because we were and still are under an embargo, due to the ****house custodian of ours just look at chesterfield who like us had a proper wobble, but unlike us they added to their squad with strikers like Dallas and other decent players and that's the long and short of it.

Thank god we've got Maher and co because otherwise we would have been another Scunthorpe and people should remember that before spouting ridiculous comments about his tactics etc.

Don't get my started on all you generalists who haven't been involved in selling sweets in the school play ground let alone a football club with a lying slippery toad like Ron Martin.

With a fit and proper owner and Maher and co i'm sure within 2 years we'll be out of this dire league, silly money won't guarantee that unless the fundamentals are behind it, just look at Everton!.

Excellent post.

Just wanted to add to the piece in bold. The players Chesterfield added - Dallas and McCallum - were not only on our shortlist, but I believe both were keen on coming here.

Whether it would have happened, who knows, but the fact the embargo wasn’t lifted, made sure they didn’t come here.

That’s the long and short of it. Chesterfield sign two quality strikers and make it to the playoff final. We sign nobody and fall short of the playoffs by a couple of points.

Had we made those two signings instead of Chesterfield, who knows, maybe it could have been us going to Wembley this weekend.

Even by SZ standards the amount of times I have read peoples posts and then shaken my head is incredible.

There have been some very good posts and I thank those posters for sharing their expertise and /or knowledge

However:

Accountants explain basic accounting- ignore them- what they explain doesn’t agree with my opinion
Posters who have been involved in administration- ignore them- what they explain doesn’t agree with my opinion.
A poster who works for a firm that builds football stadiums- clearly clueless, ignore him as he disagrees with what I think.

General “daft’ comments which show zero common sense. ( but if I keep repeating it will become “fact”).

I’m sure I have missed some categories

Comedy gold if it wasn’t such an important subject to as all.

Last edited:
Even by SZ standards the amount of times I have read peoples posts and then shaken my head is incredible.

There have been some very good posts and I thank thirst posters for sharing their expertises and /or knowledge

However:

Accountants explain basic accounting- ignore them- what they explain doesn’t agree with my opinion
Posters who have been involved in administration- ignore them- what they explain doesn’t agree with my opinion.
A poster who works for a firm that builds football stadiums- clearly clueless, ignore him as he disagrees with what I think.

General “daft’ comments which show zero common sense. ( but if I keep repeating it will become “fact”

I’m sure I have missed some categories

Comedy gold if it wasn’t such an important subject to as all.
Welcome to social media…you’ll have fun when you get the hang of it :Thumbs up:

They get paid if the club gets sold or not I think
Odd he’s got the money for them not backroom staff
I honestly doubt that’s the case. At the end of the day they are selling a business, and in my experience that’s just like a house sale, no sale, no charges.

I'm am starting to doubt a takeover is happening. Seems to be little info sneaking out
Why would info sneak out anyway?

This is probably going to be the one thing at Southend United that will be kept quiet the most out of anything. An NDA has been pretty much all but confirmed so its unlikely any information comes out until its official. I'd also like to forward you to the following quote from the announcement.1683752227313.png
This is not a player transfer, this is a business being sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back