• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, someone’s going to have to explain this “Steve Nash and consortium” rumours to me. As far as I was aware, the Nash links were just Twitter nonsense.
I’m really undecided on the Nash rumours. Part of me says it’s hearsay and utter social media gossip, the other half says no smoke without fire. The fact there’s been no actual leak or verified confirmation may mean it’s being kept under wraps by the agency managing the sale.

So am I. Just in the process of putting my consortium together. At the moment I’m many millions short but the bidding pot has a positive balance.
By the way rumours start because someone takes the above post and puts a story on twitter of a new HK bidder and it spreads from there.

"IF " we survive to fight another day and get new owners even if they have plenty of cash , i would still rather see Southend United with a proper model to work by not a splash the cash and hope we get it right model. ,I dont care if it takes a couple of seasons to get out of this league or to mount a really serious challenge, .If we are to get a new stadium its going to take another 3 years for that to eventuate so in the meantime i hope the owners allow Kev and co and SVC and JS and TL to put SUFC in a solid working order. I want new owners that genuinely love the club and allow the staff to do there job .
I agree, but I actually think we have the right structure in place to make that happen. We have John Still who knows more about the lower leagues than the rest of the footballing world put together. We also have a management team who are great at getting the best out of the team. The only weak link is the chairman.

A little of topic what the situation with the retained list are we allowed to announce it still even whilst under the embargo. And what about offering new contracts are we allowed to do that currently still or not ?

A little of topic what the situation with the retained list are we allowed to announce it still even whilst under the embargo. And what about offering new contracts are we allowed to do that currently still or not ?
There’s a whole thread on that subject, about 5 rows below this one in Chit-Chat :Thumbs up:

I really don't see why we are so concerned as a club that we need to use a NDA for all bidders. Every time you have a big club up for sale you never hear in the news 'there are rumoured to be three interested parties but we don't know who they are because of NDA's'

Also if people ITK do know about Nash as an example being one of the interested parties then the NDA has already been broken.

I really don't see why we are so concerned as a club that we need to use a NDA for all bidders. Every time you have a big club up for sale you never hear in the news 'there are rumoured to be three interested parties but we don't know who they are because of NDA's'

Also if people ITK do know about Nash as an example being one of the interested parties then the NDA has already been broken.
I suppose its because that's how Ron operates. We only ever sign or sell players for undisclosed fees too. Personally I dont have a problem with people wanting to keep things private.

As has been explained, more information could be made available but it would be up to Ron to allow it. Other clubs chairmen are more forthcoming, ours isn’t. Tom and others can’t just talk about it without Ron’s agreement. For whatever reason Ron has gone completely to ground and we’re not likely to hear anything until we’re either sold or kaput. It’s not good but that’s how things seem to be going so we just need to wait.

As others have said, it’s reassuring that nobody at the club has walked - that would be a sign of potential serious issues to really worry about. They will know more than us what’s happening. As Kev said, we just desperately need them all to get on with it quickly.

Most business deals inside and outside football are under NDAs or known to not be spoken about it formally by the club/business, not sure why anyone expects to know exactly what is going on.

As has been explained, more information could be made available but it would be up to Ron to allow it. Other clubs chairmen are more forthcoming, ours isn’t. Tom and others can’t just talk about it without Ron’s agreement. For whatever reason Ron has gone completely to ground and we’re not likely to hear anything until we’re either sold or kaput. It’s not good but that’s how things seem to be going so we just need to wait.

As others have said, it’s reassuring that nobody at the club has walked - that would be a sign of potential serious issues to really worry about. They will know more than us what’s happening. As Kev said, we just desperately need them all to get on with it quickly.
Yep and it's certainly not a lack of interest that will slow things down, if anything it will be Ron and his unrealistic demands that delay or scupper any deal.

Yep and it's certainly not a lack of interest that will slow things down, if anything it will be Ron and his unrealistic demands that delay or scupper any deal.
And his ability to string out even the simplest of negotiations.

That said, I'm hopeful (yeah, I know) that Ron will be getting advice about what is realistic from the agents. I would also like to think they will negotiate hard on behalf of Ron, but be more realistic than he would have been, and then make the point that they have got the best deal he's likely to get.

I would also imagine that Ron would have had a discussion with the agents about what is likely to be achieved before they even started the process, so he should have an idea of what they're likely to achieve.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that Ron's demands are unrealistic actually - none of us do - but if they were, there wouldn't be interested parties at all; they would have enquired and backed off. I don't believe he wants it slowed down at all either. I think he wants it sold at the earliest opportunity (but obviously for an acceptable price, which as each day passes gets further away from the "right" price).

So am I. Just in the process of putting my consortium together. At the moment I’m many millions short but the bidding pot has a positive balance.
When you say "bidding pot" did it resemble something like this complete with an effigy of RM in it?

Attachments

• da322140_d01_ab10.jpg
    da322140_d01_ab10.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 12
I'm not sure that Ron's demands are unrealistic actually - none of us do - but if they were, there wouldn't be interested parties at all; they would have enquired and backed off. I don't believe he wants it slowed down at all either. I think he wants it sold at the earliest opportunity (but obviously for an acceptable price, which as each day passes gets further away from the "right" price).
I don’t think an agent would have taken it on if there little opportunity to get a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back