• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard there been bids made but been turned down/ not even listened too not sure how true it is though and what the situation is currently maybe just a random rumour .

I’ve heard there been bids made but been turned down/ not even listened too not sure how true it is though and what the situation is currently maybe just a random rumour .
He had been turning down approaches, or moving the goalposts after discussions had started and showing himself to be untrustworthy, for a couple of years.

I think it's different this time though, so fsr anyway, with the sales agency employed. Think he has non-choice but to sell.

He had been turning down approaches, or moving the goalposts after discussions had started and showing himself to be untrustworthy, for a couple of years.

I think it's different this time though, so fsr anyway, with the sales agency employed. Think he has non-choice but to sell.
I think that is the best part about it. He has employed a sales agency with a good reputation. That will help us to get a sale pushed through, rather than Ron trying to do the sale himself. I expect he won't be easy to deal with but like any agency they will want their slice of the pie, so it's in their best interest to make the sale happen.

Just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I think that is the best part about it. He has employed a sales agency with a good reputation. That will help us to get a sale pushed through, rather than Ron trying to do the sale himself. I expect he won't be easy to deal with but like any agency they will want their slice of the pie, so it's in their best interest to make the sale happen.

Just hope it's sooner rather than later.
Yes. Rather think the agency didn’t take the sale on for 20% share of the £1 some believe the club to be worth. This has to be a more complex sale than just the football club and it’s current debts and assets. The ‘opportunity’ must be for other assets as well.

Yes. Rather think the agency didn’t take the sale on for 20% share of the £1 some believe the club to be worth. This has to be a more complex sale than just the football club and it’s current debts and assets. The ‘opportunity’ must be for other assets as well.
With the current packages Ron Martin is offering, it's difficult to see how the sales price reaches any decent value without an inclusion of a fair chunk of FF housing. The club is broke and FF stadium is just a set of pretty drawings.

Last edited:
Okay, someone’s going to have to explain this “Steve Nash and consortium” rumours to me. As far as I was aware, the Nash links were just Twitter nonsense.
Steve Nash and his representatives are believed to be one of the parties interested in buying the club.

Okay, someone’s going to have to explain this “Steve Nash and consortium” rumours to me. As far as I was aware, the Nash links were just Twitter nonsense.
Steve Nash and his representatives are believed to be one of the parties interested in buying the club.
I hope there is some mileage in the rumours regarding Steve Nash . But who really knows for certain?
If there is someone interested I hope it’s more advanced than just an enquiry or we will be stuffed I fear.

Believed by who though? I’ve not seen his name mentioned in any formal capacity other than a few hundred people on Twitter and on here.
If you're looking for someone to come out and 100% this for you, it's not going to happen. It's just some information someone has been given and has shared on here, whether true or not, some people have chosen to believe it, some have chosen to have a little fun with it, and some of course do not believe it. End of the day, it's just a rumour, it could be complete nonsense, it may not - nothing is confirmed, nothing 'formal', as mentioned plenty of times, the club is under NDA to not discuss it.

If NDA’s are in place (and it’s pretty evident to me that there are) that will mean VERY FEW people are genuinely ITK on this, and those that are will not be commenting.

Rumours will no doubt fill the void, but there is no point in coming to shrimperzone for definitive statements and answers atm.

Yeah that the only hope I have I spoke to someone a fan of another team yesterday. I said exactly the same the only slight positive I see is the same as what u said but why would he employ a top agency to help push the deal through . So finger cross it can go in the right direction so the current staff and player no where they stand first and foremost as well as us fans .

If you're looking for someone to come out and 100% this for you, it's not going to happen. It's just some information someone has been given and has shared on here, whether true or not, some people have chosen to believe it, some have chosen to have a little fun with it, and some of course do not believe it. End of the day, it's just a rumour, it could be complete nonsense, it may not - nothing is confirmed, nothing 'formal', as mentioned plenty of times, the club is under NDA to not discuss it.

I was simply wanting someone to explain to me where such rumours have come from. That’s it.

Yeah that the only hope I have I spoke to someone a fan of another team yesterday. I said exactly the same the only slight positive I see is the same as what u said but why would he employ a top agency to help push the deal through . So finger cross it can go in the right direction so the current staff and player no where they stand first and foremost as well as us fans .
I just hope he listens to the advice that will be given to him by the agency.

I just hope he listens to the advice that will be given to him by the agency.
Yeah that the main thing but when has he listened to anyone sadly that been he’s problem for years fingers cross this time he has no choice but to listen to there advice as he’s not interested anymore .

I was simply wanting someone to explain to me where such rumours have come from. That’s it.

I think rumours of interest from an American Consortium started in November. There were rumours a delegation was at the Aldershot away game. I believe it’s widely stated that this rumoured consortium was fronted by Steve Nash.

It has been oft repeated that Ron turned down many approaches last year.

I believe one poster who claims to be ITK has said that Nash is interested at this time.

I am not ITK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back