• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roots Hall can't be built on until a suitable alternative site in the borough has been found and constructed I believe.

Not to mention it's taken him over 15 years to even get Fossetts Farm anywhere near even starting. It would take him a ridiculous amount of time given his financial state to even get things agreed for that
Ron was never the right person to buy the club because he simply does not have the means. I hold Vic jobson accountable for this as he sold it him without doing any Those words are banned for the benefit of the club.

As with regards to redeveloping roots Hall, anything us possible if you have the funds. Which Ron never had so he spins this yarn about it not being possible.

Be just our luck for Ron to sell the club to new owners.

Then a vindictive Ron to issue Eviction Notices for the new owners and club to vacate Boots & Laces, Fossetts Farm, and Roots Hall.

Ron was never the right person to buy the club because he simply does not have the means. I hold Vic jobson accountable for this as he sold it him without doing any Those words are banned for the benefit of the club.

As with regards to redeveloping roots Hall, anything us possible if you have the funds. Which Ron never had so he spins this yarn about it not being possible.
You would have to flatten RH and start on a complete rebuild with the added costs of paying-out on a ground-share (where?) for a couple of seasons. Surely if such money was available better to build a brand new stadium with facilities to match.

Not sure whether Ron Martin needs to keep the club going to make a profit. If the club goes bust he can then build all his houses without the stipulation of building a new stadium. The new stadium needs a tenant who is able to pay the rent and all the associated costs involved, would a phoenix club be able to find those costs? If the answer is no then who is?

I'm no accountant but looking at the 2019 accounts £2.2 million was listed as administrative charges. I suppose its for accountancy/ legal fees etc. Or could it be something else?
In addition What about the extra £350m paid out of the 2017 accounts for " additional Management Charges " on top of the so called no rent charge?

Can those firmly claiming Ron never took anything out tell me specifically What this was for please and provide the evidence, they require of others?? As the no he didnt yes he did brigade all lay seem to lay claim to the truth, in belittling each other

And out of interest what exactly is the years of rent charge at £350 - £400 for.? Its not the going rate necessarily for annual rental charges whether charged against the club or not ?
Is the rental charge of up to £400 being charged this year for the exemplary standard of maintaining Roots Hall

Anyone ever seen the invoices ? If not best be quiet?

If I was being charged excessively to live in an appalling run down flat I would be calling in the law or any means of compensation if I could

Also is Ron actually writing these so called nominal.,maybe excessive rental charges off? as he advised he would, or suddenly claim he is owed £16m.Would love to know the extent of the Those words are banned on our Ronnies accounting methods

Honestly thought we were past this 'rebuild Roots Hall' obsession, it cannot be done, it's not a viable option.

Because a buyer would have to purchase the land at Roots Hall, which I’m assuming Ron would want a considerable amount for to make up for the loss of housing at Roots Hall and further delays to FF housing AND then spend £30 million knocking RH down and rebuilding it themselves.

What makes you think somebody with no connection to SUFC is going to come in and spend such a ridiculous amount of money when they are unlikely to ever recoup any of it?
To do an investment appraisal you have to look at all the assets in play, not just Roots Hall. The loss of housing at Roots Hall will net off against the gain in housing at FF. So Ron doesn't need to sell Roots Hall at anything like it's full housing development value.

It will not cause further delays to FF housing because Ron will immediately have a large sum of money which will allow him to quickly move ahead with developing the FF housing for which he already has planning permission. In reality, it is his attempts to build FF stadium that is delaying his house building at FF. It is the FF stadium that is the cause of all the problems.

Yes, the buyer might spend £30 million developing a new RH stadium. Ron has already said that one of the options he is selling is for a new owner to buy both the club and the FF stadium. Do you think that package includes Ron giving away the FF stadium for free? Of course not. The package will involve the buyer paying full price for the FF stadium, i.e., about £30 million.

So Ron and his professional sales agents clearly think there is a market for selling the club and a £30 million pound stadium as one package. They obviously don't think it's a ridiculous amount of money in the current football club market. And yes, football being football, the buyer is unlikely to get all his money back. But that isn't because the stadium was located at RH and not FF. There is no difference between RH and FF, other than 1.5 km.

When Ron bought the club in 2000 there was much less money interest in the game. Since he didn't have any money himself the solution to his lack of funds was a new stadium at FF. Football is now a global attraction, with buyers prepared to invest heavily in football clubs. But Ron still thinks his salvation resides in a FF stadium. He is applying a year 2000 solution to a year 2023 problem. In fact, it is his outdated year 2000 solution that is the cause of his year 2023 problem !

Many others on SZ have commented on how much of a nightmare it will be trying to organise a sale of the "paper" FF stadium. I believe Ron is selling the wrong package. If Ron offered SUFC and Roots Hall he would have rich buyers queueing around the block. The package would offer a well-supported club, close to London, on a site sufficient for developing a new stadium. And crucially, it frees the buyer of any further entanglement with Ron Martin or FF.

Ron Martin would be free of SUFC
and SUFC would be free of FF.

This is a much simpler package and allows both Ron and the new buyer's respective projects to proceed much more quickly. Time is money.

Last edited:
To do an investment appraisal you have to look at all the assets in play, not just Roots Hall. The loss of housing at Roots Hall will net off against the gain in housing at FF. So Ron doesn't need to sell Roots Hall at anything like it's full housing development value.

It will not cause further delays to FF housing because Ron will immediately have a large sum of money which will allow him to quickly move ahead with developing the FF housing for which he already has planning permission. In reality, it is his attempts to build FF stadium that is delaying his house building at FF. It is the FF stadium that is the cause of all the problems.

Yes, the buyer might spend £30 million developing a new RH stadium. Ron has already said that one of the options he is selling is for a new owner to buy both the club and the FF stadium. Do you think that package includes Ron giving away the FF stadium for free? Of course not. The package will involve the buyer paying full price for the FF stadium, i.e., about £30 million.

So Ron and his professional sales agents clearly think there is a market for selling the club and a £30 million pound stadium as one package. They obviously don't think it's a ridiculous amount of money in the current football club market. And yes, football being football, the buyer is unlikely to get all his money back. But that isn't because the stadium was located at RH and not FF. There is no difference between RH and FF, other than 1.5 km.

When Ron bought the club in 2000 there was much less money interest in the game. Since he didn't have any money himself, the solution to his lack of funds was a new stadium at FF. Football is now a global attraction, with buyers prepared to invest heavily in football clubs. But Ron still thinks his salvation resides in a FF stadium. He is applying a year 2000 solution to a year 2023 problem. In fact, it is his outdated year 2000 solution that is the cause of his year 2023 problem !

Many others on SZ have commented on how much of a nightmare it will be trying to organise a sale of the "paper" FF stadium. I believe Ron is selling the wrong package. If Ron offered SUFC and Roots Hall he would have rich buyers queueing around the block. The package would offer a well-supported club, close to London, on a site sufficient for developing a new stadium. And crucially, it frees the buyer of any further entanglement with Ron Martin or FF.

This is a much simpler package and allows both Ron and the new buyer's respective projects to proceed much more quickly. Time is money.
it also offers RM some CASH NOW and he can still make e few quid out of his FF planning permission rah rah

When Ron bought the club in 2000 there was much less money interest in the game. Since he didn't have any money himself, the solution to his lack of funds was a new stadium at FF. Football is now a global attraction, with buyers prepared to invest heavily in football clubs. But Ron still thinks his salvation resides in a FF stadium. He is applying a year 2000 solution to a year 2023 problem. In fact, it is his outdated year 2000 solution that is the cause of his year 2023 problem !

Not sure it speeds anything up - all the planning permissions would need restarting, the financial agreements with council etc all voided. That's what 5 years work down the drain.

To reset all of that would take years - quicker to build FF imho

Not sure it speeds anything up - all the planning permissions would need restarting, the financial agreements with council etc all voided. That's what 5 years work down the drain.

To reset all of that would take years - quicker to build FF imho
I think another, admittedly minor point, is that we finally have a chance to have the training ground right next to the stadium.

Any rich buyer of a football club would want to put their own stamp on it. A big part of the attraction would be designing and building a new stadium for their club. That gives the owner a means of self-expression and personal satisfaction for the £millions they have put in. A problem with our sale is that Ron has already fully defined what the future will be. The stadium is already designed. Does the new owner like the new stadium? Can it be expanded?. Does it fit in with the new owners hopes and dreams for their club? Or will FF stadium make the new owner feel that they are forever surrounded by "Ron World", that is not an expression of themselves?

That's before we even get into the fact that FF doesn't exist, and won’t do for several years in the best case.

Ron has woven such a web of cross connections, interparty liabilities, dependencies and risks. Who would want to get entangled in that? And all for a product which has already been fully defined by Ron and leaves the new owner with no blank sheet onto which they can start sketching out their dreams.

The whole structure of the development is underpinned by selling property. How does that fit in with rising material costs, labour shortages, rising interest rates and falling house prices?. Risks abound.

The rationale for building houses on Roots Hall was to provide the money for a new stadium. But if the new owner is buying the new stadium, then the rationale for leaving Root Hall no longer applies. Build the houses at FF instead, on the plot currently allocated for the stadium.

Offering for sale the club and Roots Hall makes far more sense for a potential purchaser. It frees them from Ron's tangled web and provides a blank sheet on which the new owner can start planning their dreams. They'll pay Ron far more for that opportunity than for the FF "opportunity".
I get what your saying but:
Does anybody buy a house that’s perfect and met every requirement?
Some people love new builds , some want one to do up.
At the end of the day you can only buy what is available. It’s not as though we are in competition with 10 other clubs

In addition What about the extra £350m paid out of the 2017 accounts for " additional Management Charges " on top of the so called no rent charge?

Can those firmly claiming Ron never took anything out tell me specifically What this was for please and provide the evidence, they require of others?? As the no he didnt yes he did brigade all lay seem to lay claim to the truth, in belittling each other

And out of interest what exactly is the years of rent charge at £350 - £400 for.? Its not the going rate necessarily for annual rental charges whether charged against the club or not ?
Is the rental charge of up to £400 being charged this year for the exemplary standard of maintaining Roots Hall

Anyone ever seen the invoices ? If not best be quiet?

If I was being charged excessively to live in an appalling run down flat I would be calling in the law or any means of compensation if I could

Also is Ron actually writing these so called nominal.,maybe excessive rental charges off? as he advised he would, or suddenly claim he is owed £16m.Would love to know the extent of the Those words are banned on our Ronnies accounting methods
To put it simply, if the amount owed is showing on the balance sheet then it hasn't been paid/taken out.

Basically the rent due etc is put on the profit and loss as a debit, if it was paid it would come out of the bank account but it hasn't so it shows as a credit of the balance sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back