• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
with our crowds this club is completely sustainable -

(ffs - Dorking Wanderers are in this league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

our only problem has been having an owner leeching off us and mugging us off with fancy drawings and dreams ..

get rid of RM - stop the FF nonsense and we have a strong viable football club ...
Like I said, just because you keep peddling a line won't ever make it true.

It's more the other way round, the club has leeched off Ron to the point where he is now skint. That's mainly down to mis-management and mistakes he's made in the past so I don't really have any sympathy for him. The problem now is that there's nothing left for him to give.

It's more the other way round, the club has leeched off Ron to the point where he is now skint. That's mainly down to mis-management and mistakes he's made in the past so I don't really have any sympathy for him. The problem now is that there's nothing left for him to give.
Not entirely sure that's the case. The money Ron has put in has come from leveraging existing assets like roots Hall as the value increases. Thats had to stop now as the property market has stagnated. Doesn't he also take a management fee of 400k a year? I really don't think that Ron has risked any of his own fortune in all this. And quite possibly feathered his own nest out of SUFC. However I I dont think any of us will ever know the truth of whats really going on

Not entirely sure that's the case. The money Ron has put in has come from leveraging existing assets like roots Hall as the value increases. Thats had to stop now as the property market has stagnated. Doesn't he also take a management fee of 400k a year? I really don't think that Ron has risked any of his own fortune in all this. And quite possibly feathered his own nest out of SUFC. However I I dont think any of us will ever know the truth of whats really going on
Not really, it's mostly from land he owned before he became chairman. Unfortunately, even though the loans were to him and his businesses, it seems (at least from the outside and with a lack of accounts) that he has then further loaned that money to SUFC so that SUFC shoulders the debt burden, not him.

Either way, what is certain is that he hasn't leeched the club.

Whatever we think of him (and from my perspective it's not much), it's unfair to accuse him of things he simply hasn't done.

well we agree the man is skint !!

And why is that? How would he be skint if he's been leeching of the club?

He is not personally skint - I am sure he has stashed his personal money away safe from taxman and creditors - the money he was extracting from SUFC was about 350-400k per annum.

Nice car - nice house - nice holidays ...

His companies and businesses are all a skint - hence grass not cut, staff not paid and the prize asset SUFC up for sale at any price ..

The 16m is just Ron flexing his hand, it doesn't worry me in the slightest. He knows he is getting nowhere near this, he even said himself he doesn't expect to get back what he has put in. He's just totted up what he thinks he is owed, consolidated the amounts and put them as charges so that it is all officially registered. The bulk being through his off-shore family holding company Mezcal.

He'll more than likely walk away with <4m if he sells the club alone + another 10m or so if the buyer can afford the stadium, the write the rest of the debt off as part of the agreement. Clubs at our level often go for pittance compared to this.

He is not personally skint - I am sure he has stashed his personal money away safe from taxman and creditors - the money he was extracting from SUFC was about 350-400k per annum.

His companies and businesses are all a skint - hence grass not cut, staff not paid and the prize asset SUFC up for sale at any price ..
No he wasn't. Just because you're sure he's stashed money away doesn't make it true. Unfortunately your gut feeling is simply wrong and doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

It seems to me that you're getting confused around the rent due on Roots Hall that is sitting on the balance sheet as a liability. The reason it's there as a liability is because it hasn't been paid. In theory it never will because Ron has said he won't ask for it, but given his track record I don't think we can be sure of that. It's my view that he'll try his luck on getting any new owner to pay it as part of the purchase price.

Like I said, he's a terrible owner and has ruined this club, but it is unfair to accuse him of things he simply hasn't done.

writing things on a fans forum dont make them true ..

I mean its all clearly bloke a who has gone broke trying desperately trying to mug peopl ethat he is still Mr Big ..
If only you would follow your own advice

He has loaded £16m of debt on the club. It is likely whoever buys will have to settle it. £24m comes from 50% of a cost mentioned in a previous Trust QandA but not 100% on that figure

If only you would follow your own advice

He has loaded £16m of debt on the club. It is likely whoever buys will have to settle it. £24m comes from 50% of a cost mentioned in a previous Trust QandA but not 100% on that figure

please keep kidding yourself that RM is owed money - please keep believing in the RM is worth something - please keep ******* up the b/s

cos you cant face the fact the its all a load of total bollox and you have been mugged
by a penniless spiv driving a Bentley who has taken a vibrant league one club and slowly bled it dry -

we are in the National League with Dorking Wanderers ... with a crowd of 8k !!!!!

he has screwed us all -

how much went in his bin from player sales ?

Its not because you are naive that you believe in "the debt" itsbecause you cant face the fact that he has used the supporters, you, me - all of us - as mugs ..

please keep kidding yourself that RM is owed money - please keep believing in the RM is worth something - please keep ******* up the b/s

cos you cant face the fact the its all a load of total bollox and you have been mugged
by a penniless spiv driving a Bentley who has taken a vibrant league one club and slowly bled it dry -

we are in the National League with Dorking Wanderers ... with a crowd of 8k !!!!!

he has screwed us all -

Its not because you are naive that you believe in "the debt" itsbecause you cant face the fact that he has used the supporters, you, me - all of us - as mugs ..
I'm well aware of where we are

Do you think Ron is going to sell without wanting money for the debt or the stadium? Why do you think he has put the debt on to the club?

And it was £21m, not £24m for the Stadium

You seem to think £2m will buy it. That's laughable

he has screwed us all -

Here we go again!

:Headbang:

I'm well aware of where we are

Do you think Ron is going to sell without wanting money for the debt or the stadium? Why do you think he has put the debt on to the club?

And it was £21m, not £24m for the Stadium

You seem to think £2m will buy it. That's laughable

portsmouth - a far bigger club went for 3 million to the pompey trust - and they were told the same story about zillions of pounds of debt from premiership days etc etc etc

you see a lot of football clubs have been sold to supporters for relatively modest sums but they did not have many supporters who believed the owners propaganda/rubbish/bull-sh=t/lies/fantasies...

If you did some basic research on this you will realise 2 million is not laughable -

but none of this matters because hopefully the club will sell - RM will not get his millions and if you watch the process closely you will learn something about the realities of how an insolvent business is disposed of ..

portsmouth - a far bigger club went for 3 million to the pompey trust - and they were told the same story about zillions of pounds of debt from premiership days etc etc etc

you see a lot of football clubs have been sold to supporters for relatively modest sums but they did not have many supporters who believed the owners propaganda/rubbish/bull-sh=t/lies/fantasies...

If you did some basic research on this you will realise 2 million is not laughable -

but none of this matters because hopefully the club will sell - RM will not get his millions and if you watch the process closely you will learn something about the realities of how an insolvent business is disposed of ..
It was £5.67m for Pompey who were debt free and not actively pursuing a new stadium. Much, much, simpler

It is funny to see you telling people to do basic research when people have told you numerous times that you're talking rubbish.

Apparently the training pitches were cut today

Obviously Ron is well well well capable of competitive ****ing this sale all up, but if we are set to see another day I don’t think it will be Nash. It will be another that’s not as minted but will have known backers that’s if it all comes off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back