• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the aftermath of the Napoli game tonight after they landed the scudetto and Aurelio De Laurentis, the napoli chairman gave an interview. He was speaking about the club when he took over in 2004, bankrupt and relegated to serie C. Now the champions of Italy where only 3 clubs have won the league in the previous 22 years. Big things can happen from dire circumstances, things can turn around. #UpTheShrimpers #ForzaNapoliSempre

Just a thought... is anyone actually surprised that a WUP was issued? I mean, it's not like it hasn't happened before, is it?

Things do feel different this time however. Ron may be playing fast and loose again with HMRC and cobbling together as much money as he can to ensure that it's paid on or before May 17.

Or he may well be truly in the brown stuff and we have 2 weeks to live... I doubt it though. I think there will be enough to get us at least an adjournment (buys more time). But I am seriously worried that if a buyer doesn't materialise in a serious way before June then we are in deep do-do's.

One of the three "opportunities" Ron is offering is a combined sale of the club and the FF stadium. Why is it considered feasible for a buyer to purchase the club and fund the building of FF stadium but considered impossible for a buyer to purchase the club and fund a new stadium at Roots Hall?.
Because a buyer would have to purchase the land at Roots Hall, which I’m assuming Ron would want a considerable amount for to make up for the loss of housing at Roots Hall and further delays to FF housing AND then spend £30 million knocking RH down and rebuilding it themselves.

What makes you think somebody with no connection to SUFC is going to come in and spend such a ridiculous amount of money when they are unlikely to ever recoup any of it?

It is a great shame we dont have an active fans consortium up and running.....

with a fund of GBP 2 million we would have a chance of getting the club
I think you could get the club for £1 however £2m ain’t gonna make a dent in clearing the debts required to be cleared and provide a solid foundation. Even once the club is purchased how do you fund it out of interest?

I think you could get the club for £1 however £2m ain’t gonna make a dent in clearing the debts required to be cleared and provide a solid foundation. Even once the club is purchased how do you fund it out of interest?
Yep. The debts, and then you have to find another million a year that it apparently loses.

Steve Nash net worth is 94 million. Why does that underwhelm me given how much investment is needed at SUFC…? How would this compare to other chairmen in the league (not including the 350 million of Ryan Reynolds and whatever McElheny is worth)?

Steve Nash net worth is 94 million. Why does that underwhelm me given how much investment is needed at SUFC…? How would this compare to other chairmen in the league (not including the 350 million of Ryan Reynolds and whatever McElheny is worth)?
He is worth significantly more than what Google says.

Plus, his mates aren't short of a few quid. One being worth around £8 billion.

There would be zero issues financially if a Nash consortium were to takeover and the publicity and contact book he could provide would be off the scale. If he is even interested of course. I've heard from good people he is, but I've also heard he isn't. So who knows.

At a guess how much would he need to invest in the club?

He is worth significantly more than what Google says.

Plus, his mates aren't short of a few quid. One being worth around £8 billion.

There would be zero issues financially if a Nash consortium were to takeover and the publicity and contact book he could provide would be off the scale. If he is even interested of course. I've heard from good people he is, but I've also heard he isn't. So who knows.

I've also heard that he is interested. The level of interest is unknown.

with our crowds this club is completely sustainable -

(ffs - Dorking Wanderers are in this league !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

our only problem has been having an owner leeching off us and mugging us off with fancy drawings and dreams ..

get rid of RM - stop the FF nonsense and we have a strong viable football club ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back