• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton were a basket case and had no ground but good management and investment means they are worth multiple times what the new owners have put in. Similar story at Brentford. We were at the same level as these clubs for many years. It would take money and supreme confidence in their ability to build a football club but its possible someone may take us on. The owner having his head in the sand isn't helping. I think he cared once but doesn't appear to give a monkeys now.
You're wrong about Brighton. It's owned and bank rolled by Chairman and owner Tony Bloom. He has put in a minimum of over £400Million a journalist said, and probably a lot more. He's trying to make them self sufficient, and not so reliant on him. He even lent them £70Million to pay off bank debts etc, last season. They actually made a profit of £24Million last year due to player sales, but it's peanuts as to what he has invested in them. The two previous season they/he lost £110Million. He once said he's a life long supporter of the club and never expects to get all his money back. He does it for love. So once again, all things are not as rosy as it looks from the outside, and just another club that is a money losing rich man's play thing. The last valuation I have seen put Brighton at £270Million.

You're wrong about Brighton. It's owned and bank rolled by Chairman and owner Tony Bloom. He has put in a minimum of over £400Million a journalist said, and probably a lot more. He's trying to make them self sufficient, and not so reliant on him. He even lent them £70Million to pay off bank debts etc, last season. They actually made a profit of £24Million last year due to player sales, but it's peanuts as to what he has invested in them. The two previous season they/he lost £110Million. He once said he's a life long supporter of the club and never expects to get all his money back. He does it for love. So once again, all things are not as rosy as it looks from the outside, and just another club that is a money losing rich man's play thing. The last valuation I have seen put Brighton at £270Million.
Ah okay. I thought with Chelsea going for 5.4 billion dollars (according to Forbes) Brighton might be worth a bit more than 270 mil GBP in todays market.

Anything is possible on any site - it just depends on the bigger picture, and in this instance the bigger picture is that FF is the keystone for Ron to unlock the development potential of that wider site and make his fortune.

oh please .... RM is bust he can't do anything

Ah okay. I thought with Chelsea going for 5.4 billion dollars (according to Forbes) Brighton might be worth a bit more than 270 mil GBP in todays market.
I read yesterday that Charltons owner has turned down an offer of 10.5 million makes you wonder what offers Ron’s getting for a club 2 divisions below and mired in debt.

I read yesterday that Charltons owner has turned down an offer of 10.5 million makes you wonder what offers Ron’s getting for a club 2 divisions below and mired in debt.
I'd be very suprised if the club officially gets sold for any more than a quid, even that's overvaluing us. The tricky part will probably be negotiating with Ron over how much of the debt we owe his other companies he's willing to wipe.

Based on what?

Here is a very rough worked example for you to consider based on historical costs and application of construction cost indices:

Colchester Community Stadium - 10,000 seats - cost £15m as a new-build in 2007.
Simply applying indexes to get to a theoretical Q1 2024 cost updates that total cost to £24m. This equates to £2,400 / seat which is generally accepted to be extremely low for a new build. This is WITHOUT any demolition and only basic ground prep.

Ergo, to flatten RH and build something equally sized in its place, you'd be looking at closer to £30m.

The only way you could get close to your £10m figure is to work with the existing infrastructure as I have hinted at previously.
You have gotten the wrong end of the stick.

Well if we go into liquidation isnt the club put up for sale, what would that mean to us does Roots Hall and the land it sits on go with the liquidation., as SUFC is owned by RM and the debts are his as owner of SUFC.. then surely when the liquidators find a buyer it gnot only SUFC but RH and the land its on goes with it .

Well if we go into liquidation isnt the club put up for sale, what would that mean to us does Roots Hall and the land it sits on go with the liquidation., as SUFC is owned by RM and the debts are his as owner of SUFC.. then surely when the liquidators find a buyer it gnot only SUFC but RH and the land its on goes with it .

No,

Liquidation is a legal process in which a liquidator is appointed to 'wind up' the affairs of a limited company. At the end of the process, the company ceases to exist.

No, that’s administration. If we go into liquidation the company no longer exists, there would be no club to buy.

What you describe is a simplistic version of administration.

Liquidation is the end of the company as PBD stated above in post number 2,337

Thanks for that then fellas , so in reality the company hired to sell the club have until 17th may to get it over the line , that is unless the money owed to HMRC or the person/ people who are bringing the case against SUFC are either paid off or a settlement of some sort is agreed with them .I ask these questions because i was a truckie not a business man i would just get in my truck and drive and i was the happiest man alive .No stresses just doing something i loved each day .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back