• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly but can you see that happening ?
Anything is posswhen it comes to RM! No matter how many times we have been to court for a WUP with hmrc he Always pays in the end when he knows he can not string it out anymore!
As for the sale Does anyone actually know what his thinking is?

Anything is posswhen it comes to RM! No matter how many times we have been to court for a WUP with hmrc he Always pays in the end when he knows he can not string it out anymore!
As for the sale Does anyone actually know what his thinking is?
Not sure even he does but whatever it is will be in his best interests rather than those of our club.

Thats actually funny because chris phillips was at roots hall and the taps were running so wayer is still running at roots hall

Why havent you mentioned this before :Smile:

You’re right. But we need someone - a leader - to take us kicking and screaming to that utopia we are too timid to reach out for on our own.

Are you ready to be that man, boy?

Stand up and be counted and stop playing with yourself whilst you’re at it or you’ll end up with a sticky keyboard.

sure - i will update you

With the deadline just a few days away unless I have missed something I think it’s virtually impossible to have a sale before Wednesday quite simply there is no way the owners/ directors test will be completed by 23/8
What that means quite simple RM will still be a director and the majority owner come Wednesday

With the deadline just a few days away unless I have missed something I think it’s virtually impossible to have a sale before Wednesday quite simply there is no way the owners/ directors test will be completed by 23/8
What that means quite simple RM will still be a director and the majority owner come Wednesday
Is there somewhere we can see a list/register of applicants? Whilst I think it unlikely, applications could've been made weeks ago?

Almost certainly.

If it makes you feel any better, it will also mean Ron will have to dip into the family fortune to pay off the debts.

I’d suggest you get yourself in the no news is because there is no news as Ron Martin has no interest in selling this asset of his ( because that’s what we are)
I have the feeling your right...... he had 5 months to sell up, in which he continued to knock back offers. Hardly a man desperate to sell which fans were lead to believe. Wouldn't surprise me if this episode we currently find ourselves in is just 1 big con job. Know 1 out their is going to pay what he wants and I think deep down he knows it to. So he will just carry on like he has for past 20 odd years, he will pay the tax bill and keep living off this so called pipe dream hoping he eventually hits jackpot.

Last edited:
I just don't get it. If he could get a sale done he wouldn't need to spend anything out of his own funds.

I'm concerned this guy is so deluded that he couldn't negotiate a sale even if he wanted to.
He is trying to squeeze all the juice out of his lemon. The lemon he left at the back of the fridge for too long and is now mouldy. SUFC is the lemon.

Almost certainly.

If it makes you feel any better, it will also mean Ron will have to dip into the family fortune to pay off the debts.
No it doesn’t because as I have said on many occasions I personally can see the business and logical arguments for entering a CVA

Look at what was being said about the water yesterday and that may or may not have been true but as long as there are any significant debts outstanding there will be this continuing threat of WUO or suppliers taking enforcement action sure as eggs are eggs at some point the continued juggling will fail

Add to all that the continued reliance on RM who at 70 appears in fine fettle and despite all I don’t wish him or indeed anyone ill health but all of us have an expiry date

I wouldn’t be surprised if this sale drags on for many more months or even longer.
Ron is just about impossible to deal with and must of scared most potential suitors away .
We all want the sale settled by now. But Ronny boy ain’t going nowhere until his unrealistic demands are met. He’s hoping someone will come along and capitulate fully to his terms. And then he will move the goalposts as to speak. Thinking 🤔 he can get another few grand out of the deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this sale drags on for many more months or even longer.
Ron is just about impossible to deal with and must of scared most potential suitors away .
We all want the sale settled by now. But Ronny boy ain’t going nowhere until his unrealistic demands are met. He’s hoping someone will come along and capitulate fully to his terms. And then he will move the goalposts as to speak. Thinking 🤔 he can get another few grand out of the deal.
Best thing is do what I do wait until Monday for the batch of rumours for the week ahead plenty on here seem to know what Ron’s up and goings on behind the corridors of roots hall to but nothing ever happens so roll on Monday,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back