• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As this thread seems to move along at pace and often drifts off topic, can I make a request of the Admin Team. Can any pictures of Ron being used as an Avatar be removed?

I only say this as I am sick off seeing his bloody face and really do wonder why anyone would want him as their avatar in the first place.

Apart from the one where his head is on a Rats body

Where has this info come from?
As far as i can see this has only been posted on SZ, if this was true surely CP at the echo would of made some sort of report about this as he would be at RH today doing interviews before tomorrow’s game??
It was true earlier today. I know a number of staff and one did confirm to me. Back on now, so yet another hurdle overcome. COYB.

It was true earlier today. I know a number of staff and one did confirm to me. Back on now, so yet another hurdle overcome. COYB.
Ok thanks for confirming, i was just asking the question as even after logging on every day since march and reading every post on here i still don’t really know who’s infomation on here is correct or just a rumour that they heard.
that’s good news its back on and the game can go ahead tomorrow, i guess TL sorted out a TTP or RM raided this piggy bank and paid another outstanding debt that was due months ago.

IMHO If there is no big announcement on Monday about a sale being completed, i think RM will pay the bare minimum to get the WUP dismissed at the last minute because he can not take the risk of not getting another adjurment in the hope that he can complete the sale/ investment before hmrc hits the club with another WUP for the money owed upto now which must be atleast another £250,000+

IMHO If there is no big announcement on Monday about a sale being completed, i think RM will pay the bare minimum to get the WUP dismissed at the last minute because he can not take the risk of not getting another adjurment in the hope that he can complete the sale/ investment before hmrc hits the club with another WUP for the money owed upto now which must be atleast another £250,000+
If he did do that, it would mean an instant 10 point penalty and a big chunk of the value of the asset he’s allegedly flogging (or seeking investment in) will vanish.

There are other debts beyond the WUP that the National League have been crystal clear must be settled - and not appear again at any time this season no matter who the debt is to or how much.

I’m not saying he won’t do that, but I can’t see any benefit to him to do that, only costs and risks.

This makes a sobering read, especially to those advocating a Supporters Trust owned club.

https://footballpink.net/rushden-and-diamonds-max-griggs/

I was friendly with themembers of the R&D supporters trust who took over from Max Griggs. They were quite capable people but didn't have anywhere near deep enough pockets to make a go of things.
Saw the diamonds on tuesday at the mighty tulips despite another relegation they actually looked a decent team and we took till last 20 minutes to open them up

If he did do that, it would mean an instant 10 point penalty and a big chunk of the value of the asset he’s allegedly flogging (or seeking investment in) will vanish.

There are other debts beyond the WUP that the National League have been crystal clear must be settled - and not appear again at any time this season no matter who the debt is to or how much.

I’m not saying he won’t do that, but I can’t see any benefit to him to do that, only costs and risks.
If he payed up this WUP and it was dismissed and then paid up any remaining hmrc debt by the end of the month would that still result in a 10 point deduction??
I also thought all the other remaining football creditors had been paid , or am I mistaken?

If he payed up this WUP and it was dismissed and then paid up any remaining hmrc debt by the end of the month would that still result in a 10 point deduction??
I also thought all the other remaining football creditors had been paid , or am I mistaken?
If there are any other debts out there then yeah, I believe so. Football creditors were paid and up to date, but they have to keep being paid (football creditors, taxman, uncle Tom Cobbleigh etc) at all times now for the rest of the season - which seems unlikely while Ron is still responsible for signing the cheques. We’ll just have to see.

If there are any other debts out there then yeah, I believe so. Football creditors were paid and up to date, but they have to keep being paid (football creditors, taxman, uncle Tom Cobbleigh etc) at all times now for the rest of the season - which seems unlikely while Ron is still responsible for signing the cheques. We’ll just have to see.
Fingers crossed then that he pays everything that is owed to hmrc under the WUP and anything else the club owes to hmrc before Wednesday and gets the embargo lifted and then pays the bills on time.
As you say if he doesn’t it affects his value of sale/ investment.
But imho he will pay up what he has to, even if it is at the last minute like he has done time and again so he can keep his FF dream alive

If theres no deal and we get 10 points deduction this will affect the club and supporters but will it affect RM. Does it make any difference if southend are relegated to his finances. I just feel without a loss making football club around his neck he has a poss building opportunity at RH.
Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like it make a difference to either Ron or our new Australian saviours … which is odd as I would have thought they would be huge Southend fans with the best interests of this historic club at heart …

Possibly but can you see that happening ?

Didn't realise his accountant was on here. Or his biographer.

If he was desperate to sell because his finances are now at their lowest ebb, he'd have taken the wallop deal from Kimura. Or returned Taras call. Or, as is being intimated, he'd stop playing silly buggers with others that have shown interest,

There is no correlation with his attendance at games, and this situation. Why would anyone put themselves in the centre of a (justified) wave of **** if they didn't have to?

I just thought everyone with a basic grasp of reality would understand that his situation had changed between now and 5 years ago....obviously I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back