• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Medway Blue summed him beautifully in the earlier post. I do get the feeling without the football club he'll have trouble building anything around Southend and thats why he needs to stay involved. Just my opinion !

Think this is at the crux of it all. He hadn't bargained on the MP's getting involved and putting pressure on the Council. Sell RH and the club and he's no longer in a pivotal position on his property deals.

You'd think he'd want to pay it off sooner. HMRC charge interest on monies owed without the thought of penalties on late payments added.

Would imagine that if he brings money in from offshore he will have to pay a lot of tax on it. And then it would raise questions about how it got to the BVI in the first place. He's already fought (an expensive) court case clearing him of a £5+million fraud charge. So the last thing he wants is to be under the spotlight again. He'd rather see his staff go to foodbanks or players have no showers than touch his precious offshore money. So he'll just keep trying to find another mug to pay his bills for him.

If theres no deal and we get 10 points deduction this will affect the club and supporters but will it affect RM. Does it make any difference if southend are relegated to his finances. I just feel without a loss making football club around his neck he has a poss building opportunity at RH.
If he wanted the club to go bust, he wouldn’t have put any more money in. He’s doing enough to keep it going until someone meets his demands, eventually someone will have to give in

If theres no deal and we get 10 points deduction this will affect the club and supporters but will it affect RM. Does it make any difference if southend are relegated to his finances. I just feel without a loss making football club around his neck he has a poss building opportunity at RH.

Why didnt he do this at any other point in the last 25 years then? :Facepalm:

Does he what?

Want to sell? I think he does, so long as it is on his terms.

Want us to go bust? I don't think so, based on the fact that he could have achieved this many times over many years.
Not sure he does want to sell. His terms are making a sale out of reach of anyone which doesn't make him look the bad guy

But does he?

I think there’s plenty of evidence to suggest he’s intent on selling the club, or at the very least giving up his control (and therefore the responsibilities)

There’s been several interested parties engaging with him. Some have got further than others. Some have been ignored, whilst some have had meetings with him and his associates. Some have even revealed (although admittedly not publicly) the terms of sale agreements. Some bidders have shown proof of funds, have completed the fit and proper owners checks and have had meetings with current management staff.

And let’s not forget, he’s invested in a reputable company who broker/negotiate these kinds of sales.

If he didn’t want to sell it, he’s gone a very odd way about it.

Not sure he does want to sell. His terms are making a sale out of reach of anyone which doesn't make him look the bad guy

I don’t necessarily think the terms are putting a sale out of reach, I think it’s more the fact that the terms change overnight, so when it looks like talks are advancing, they come to a sudden halt and have to start again.

Ron is doing what Ron does best, making sure he’ll be ok. His opinion on what will suit him best, seems to change like the weather.

the most powerful alternative to RM or some other dodgy capitalist is fan ownership -

BUT lets face it - there is no real appetite for this among the docile and compliant supporter base -
This makes a sobering read, especially to those advocating a Supporters Trust owned club.

https://footballpink.net/rushden-and-diamonds-max-griggs/

I was friendly with themembers of the R&D supporters trust who took over from Max Griggs. They were quite capable people but didn't have anywhere near deep enough pockets to make a go of things.

I don’t necessarily think the terms are putting a sale out of reach, I think it’s more the fact that the terms change overnight, so when it looks like talks are advancing, they come to a sudden halt and have to start again.

Ron is doing what Ron does best, making sure he’ll be ok. His opinion on what will suit him best, seems to change like the weather.
I'm not sure I've ever seen any real evidence of this, often referred to on here as him moving the goalposts.

I might have missed it though in the 22,000+ posts on this thread.

Is it that the club's debt position and value changes as he pays off debts that would have been part of the deal?

I'm not sure I've ever seen any real evidence of this, often referred to on here as him moving the goalposts.

I might have missed it though in the 22,000+ posts on this thread.

Is it that the club's debt position and value changes as he pays off debts that would have been part of the deal?

Just as an example, I’ve heard that when he paid up the debts most recently, (which he needed to do to ensure our license with the NL), he tried to tack that figure onto the sale price.

Another example, and one we’re more familiar with, was his statement saying RH was up for sale at £4.5m. Up until this point, I believe the discussions and negotiations were focused around him selling everything. That seems to change overnight, and was a shock to the interested party.

These are just two examples of goalposts moving.

Just as an example, I’ve heard that when he paid up the debts most recently, (which he needed to do to ensure our license with the NL), he tried to tack that figure onto the sale price.

Another example, and one we’re more familiar with, was his statement saying RH was up for sale at £4.5m. Up until this point, I believe the discussions and negotiations were focused around him selling everything. That seems to change overnight, and was a shock to the interested party.

These are just two examples of goalposts moving.
He has no conviction in what comes out of his own mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back