• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post GBJ. It seems to me that the 10 points and court dates have done us no favours with the sale. Both sides need to show they will allow it to happen if need be to get their deal.

To put it simple Ron can't show he needs the deal before the 23rd and the buyer can't show they will buy rather than have a 10 point deduction.

So now it has become a "Blinking Contest"?

So now it has become a "Blinking Contest"?
It has always been a blinking contest. It has been the same with Kimura, Pinto and Co. too. That's the problem. **** the club and it's existence, **** its employees, **** the fans, **** keeping anybody in the loop about the future of something that is so important to so many people. All of that is stuck in the middle. It's all about who has got the biggest set of business cajones and who can get the best deal for themselves, because only we see the club as something of true local and cultural significance whereas anybody involved in its sale/purchase sees it as a business.

It has always been a blinking contest. It has been the same with Kimura, Pinto and Co. too. That's the problem. **** the club and it's existence, **** its employees, **** the fans, **** keeping anybody in the loop about the future of something that is so important to so many people. All of that is stuck in the middle. It's all about who has got the biggest set of business cajones and who can get the best deal for themselves, because only we see the club as something of true local and cultural significance whereas anybody involved in its sale/purchase sees it as a business.
Yep agree.

I think all sides could have been keeping people in the loop somehow but they have choose not too other than cryptic messages or stupid boom insta posts. Either say nothing at all or be open. Ive had enough now, only read this thread a couple of times a week, other than Man Utd has any club take over been procrastinated over so much

Everything in a nutshell 👏

the most powerful alternative to RM or some other dodgy capitalist is fan ownership -

BUT lets face it - there is no real appetite for this among the docile and compliant supporter base -

Great post GBJ. It seems to me that the 10 points and court dates have done us no favours with the sale. Both sides need to show they will allow it to happen if need be to get their deal.

To put it simple Ron can't show he needs the deal before the 23rd and the buyer can't show they will buy rather than have a 10 point deduction.
A Mexican stand off (involving Australians)

A Mexican stand off (involving Australians)
If theres no deal and we get 10 points deduction this will affect the club and supporters but will it affect RM. Does it make any difference if southend are relegated to his finances. I just feel without a loss making football club around his neck he has a poss building opportunity at RH.

the most powerful alternative to RM or some other dodgy capitalist is fan ownership -

BUT lets face it - there is no real appetite for this among the docile and compliant supporter base -

You’re right. But we need someone - a leader - to take us kicking and screaming to that utopia we are too timid to reach out for on our own.

Are you ready to be that man, boy?

Stand up and be counted and stop playing with yourself whilst you’re at it or you’ll end up with a sticky keyboard.

If theres no deal and we get 10 points deduction this will affect the club and supporters but will it affect RM. Does it make any difference if southend are relegated to his finances. I just feel without a loss making football club around his neck he has a poss building opportunity at RH.

Whilst it’s entirely possible we’ll get a points deduction, I don’t think it’s likely.

It makes no financial sense for Ron to allow that to happen. Just as it didn’t make sense for him to allow us to be kicked out of the NL a few weeks ago…. hence he paid up the debts owed.

He wants to sell the club. For that to happen, he wants it to be as attractive as possible. That’s why he’ll continue to drip feed us & keep us in the exact position we are.

If he wanted us gone, he would have taken one of the many opportunities he’s had over the last few years. The fact he hasn’t, speaks for itself.

Whilst it’s entirely possible we’ll get a points deduction, I don’t think it’s likely.

It makes no financial sense for Ron to allow that to happen. Just as it didn’t make sense for him to allow us to be kicked out of the NL a few weeks ago…. hence he paid up the debts owed.

He wants to sell the club. For that to happen, he wants it to be as attractive as possible. That’s why he’ll continue to drip feed us & keep us in the exact position we are.

If he wanted us gone, he would have taken one of the many opportunities he’s had over the last few years. The fact he hasn’t, speaks for itself.
But does he?

Post of the thread MB :Clap: :Thumbs up:

But does he?
Dont think so, he just wants the FF to make the zillions. I bet his family despise us and have encouraged their dad to take the club for every penny, even more so for protesting outside his house. If it was my dad i'd be very bitter and protective of the old boy.
It did make me chuckle when that statement came out about Tara Brady (sorry but what a name for a bloke lol) i thought Christ all those months with not a murmering from the Club whilst the fans were fearing the worst and then he pipes up with a vindictive "had an offer by Whatsapp" ...someone's pressed your buttons Rat Martin.

Medway Blue summed him beautifully in the earlier post. I do get the feeling without the football club he'll have trouble building anything around Southend and thats why he needs to stay involved. Just my opinion !

Dont think so, he just wants the FF to make the zillions. I bet his family despise us and have encouraged their dad to take the club for every penny, even more so for protesting outside his house. If it was my dad i'd be very bitter and protective of the old boy.
It did make me chuckle when that statement came out about Tara Brady (sorry but what a name for a bloke lol) i thought Christ all those months with not a murmering from the Club whilst the fans were fearing the worst and then he pipes up with a vindictive "had an offer by Whatsapp" ...someone's pressed your buttons Rat Martin.

Medway Blue summed him beautifully in the earlier post. I do get the feeling without the football club he'll have trouble building anything around Southend and thats why he needs to stay involved. Just my opinion !
You tell him that. I'll be right behind you, honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back