• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the camp that believes Ron doesn't know what he's doing with all of this.

I guess we'll find out how bright/stupid he is when this saga comes to an end (one way or another).

Agreed.

You cannot underestimate him. Ron knows exactly what he’s doing, I’m surprised more fans can’t see it.

He’s stalling the debt payments for as long as legally possible, in the hope that a new owner will take them on.

If it comes down to the wire, he’ll find the money from one of his off shore accounts and pay it off.

It’s the art of negotiation. Ron can’t afford to look weak. He’s putting on a front that everything is ok, and if a buyer wants to take the club on, they can, but they’ll have to do so at Ron’s asking price. Obviously that metaphorical game of chicken isn’t good for the club, the employees, the management, the players, nor us, the fans, but it’s how Ron has engineered it.

It makes no sense for him to allow the club to suffer penalties either, as this devalues his product, giving a buyer more negotiation room.

If he had decided to throw in the towel, he could have done it multiple times by now. He is absolutely intent on selling the club, but not without making sure he earns what he thinks he deserves. So until that happens, he will continue to drip feed the club, which means we stay on life support.

There’s no doubt, he’s a ****. But he’s not a stupid ****.

Wonder when the penny will drop with him? Sell a club with bigger debts = lower offer price. In addition, damaging the clubs league status and ****ing staff and player so they want to leave also must drive down the price anyone is willing to pay.
Surely its in his interest to have a fully functional club with a real chance of progression that trying to palm off a crippled club.

But this makes no sense!

He could have walked away, with 27.2M (Fact) 2 months ago for ALL THE LAND the club and SE owns, the club and everything else! But chose not too!

Simple fact, is! He doesn’t want to sell!

Agreed.

You cannot underestimate him. Ron knows exactly what he’s doing, I’m surprised more fans can’t see it.

He’s stalling the debt payment, in the hope that a new owner will take them on.

If it comes down to the wire, he’ll find the money from one of his off shore accounts and pay it off.

It’s the art of negotiation. Ron can’t afford to look weak. He’s putting on a front that everything is ok, and if a buyer wants to take the club on, they can, but they’ll have to do so at Ron’s asking price. Obviously that metaphorical game of chicken isn’t good for the club, the employees, the management, the players, nor us, the fans, but it’s how Ron has engineered it.

It makes no sense for him to allow the club to suffer penalties either, as this devalues his product, giving a buyer more negotiation room. If he had decided to throw in the towel, he could have done it multilevel times by now.

He is absolutely intent on selling the club, but not without making sure he earns what he thinks he deserves. So until that happens, he will continue to drip feed the club, which means we stay on life support.

There's a reason that he is a successful businessman. He is only does anything which is in his own interests. He saw SUFC as a way of making huge profits from property/land development, or selling those rights onto someone else. Profit is his only concern.

But this makes no sense!

He could have walked away, with 27.2M (Fact) 2 months ago for ALL THE LAND the club and SE owns, the club and everything else! But chose not too!

He ignored a bid of 27m for what he's now selling for 10m? Club, debts and RH?

I appreciate with Ron there's a lot of smoke and mirrors but what else was the 27m getting?

Not sure the league stance would be a consideration for the court. They're not owed money.

HMRC have objected to every adjournment for some time haven't they?
I actually think the leagues stance makes it far easier for the courts to pull the plug.

Up till now everyone has almost been walking on eggshells not wanting to even suggest there aren’t supporting SUFC and are sympathetic but now you have the league issuing in public an ultimatum or perhaps a threat

I am not sure that HMRC have objected to all adjournments but to be honest from a taxpayer point of view, someone who pays all taxes etc on time it easy to see why some believe that SUFC have been afforded far too much help

Agreed.

He’s stalling the debt payment, in the hope that a new owner will take them on.

It makes no sense for him to allow the club to suffer penalties either, as this devalues his product, giving a buyer more negotiation room. If he had decided to throw in the towel, he could have done it multiple times by now.

He is absolutely intent on selling the club, but not without making sure he earns what he thinks he deserves. So until that happens, he will continue to drip feed the club, which means we stay on life support.

I agree. Unless the offshore accounts have been bled dry, of course

I'm not in the camp that believes Ron doesn't know what he's doing with all of this.

I guess we'll find out how bright/stupid he is when this saga comes to an end (one way or another).
He doesn't.....to get us and him into this stage proves that. He admitted to someone recently that he should of put the club up for sale years ago. The last couple of court hearings and with NL he didn't know the outcome. He's been lucky on those fronts.

But this makes no sense!

The club and SEL don’t own any land?- if that’s for all the RH & FF land subject to planning that’s a low offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back