• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does baffle me that as soon as a name is mentioned the whole entire fan base questions Ron's motives, why he wouldn't sell to this person and if he really has the best interests at heart.

Whose to say that when Tara reached out his proposal was miles behind that of the supposed Aussie interest?

FWIW - Ron is still a massive **** and I am sorry for remotely sticking up for him.

Personally I'm not saying he should sell to camp a, b or c, but to not even reply or respond to offers is, well, rude. Even if it's not in the ball park you're expecting, at least reply and tell them that.

Personally I'm not saying he should sell to camp a, b or c, but to not even reply or respond to offers is, well, rude. Even if it's not in the ball park you're expecting, at least reply and tell them that.

I suppose that depends on the number and quality of the offers. If I was getting inundated with offers and some of the offers were a packet of hobhobs and an IOU for a £1 I'd probably ignore them too.

We have no idea what anyone is actually offering. Whether it is close to what Ron wants or whether it's insulting derisory offers in the hopes that Ron is desperate enough to take it.

Would that be the job of the people who are selling the club on his behalf though? It mentioned in the article that they received it, passed it on and RM said no to them.

Agree the communication is clearly lacking - although you pay agencies to feedback/let people down gently/keep them warm to some extent as well. I'm not clear if everything is going through the agency- or some are and others direct. I'm sure Ron is a nightmare for the agency as well.

Anyway what is not complicated is why Tara, the 5/7 are getting nothing back. He doesn't want to sell the club independently of the FF development. Its why he engaged with Kimura which appeared attractive until the FF piece proved too "difficult'. Scuppered it for both parties. He now has another option that keeps FF alive and an integral part of the plans.

My take anyway. This whole club for sale here's the price thing was window dressing to keep certain people happy IMHO.

Last edited:
The offer from Tara was part of a consortium, with a considerable combined wealth, to which Tara would have headed up, so in answer to your question, funds certainly wouldn’t have been an issue,

However Ron wouldn’t even engage enough to find this out though.

From what I’m told, the bid was a sizeable amount and would have been a full cash payment upfront.
Brady said: “I made a firm offer that I thought was fair for the football club.

It was acknowledged but I haven’t heard back since then so I’ve moved on and I’m looking elsewhere.

“I can only imagine they must have better offers.”

So Tara's communication was acknowledged.

He also said the bid was for the football club, and seemed fair to him. Probably way off what RM thinks is fair, or what he's looking to sell, hence no further contact.

I'm sure the next protest will definitely force Ron to sell the club like the last one did...or the one before that....or the one before that....or the one before that....or the one before that....or the one before that....or the one before that....or the one before that....or the one before that....
At least they're trying to put some pressure on whether or not it shows any affect. Better than sitting around moaning and moping and doing nothing

At least they're trying to put some pressure on whether or not it shows any affect. Better than sitting around moaning and moping and doing nothing
I'm not moaning, or moping! I am sitting around doing nothing, but that's what I do for a job :Smile:

I'm confident things will work out just how Ron wants them to, regardless of protests. I'd put up with a lot more than a few protesters if I thought I was going to get a few millon more out of a deal.

Wish Tara could/would say how much he offered and on what terms, so us fans can judge which side of this is in looney land.

All good seeing a car I like on sale for £5,000, but if I offered £2,000, of course I wouldn’t receive a response.

(I know it’s not that kind of offering, because the club costs £1+bits and bobs… but you get the gist…)

We are ****ed. Dont think a deal will ever happen. Given up hope
Do you think Ron (either personally, or though one of his many group companies) would have spent the money he has recently if he was going to let the club be wound up?

Now, I guess he might let us suffer a 10 point deduction; but not if that would affect the value of the club or the attractiveness to potential bidders.

Keep the faith, and don't forget "In Ron we trust..." Not really of course, unless that coincides with what he wants.

Highly doubt a takeover will happen before the court date, I imagine the priority is paying enough of the debt to avoid the 10-point deduction.

Not sure how this affects the embargo, surely if we avoid the points deduction, we will qualify for that to be lifted instantly?

If I was a betting man, I'd say that a partial investor of 30-40% will be the most likely option with some kind of deal for Ron or Jack to be brought out once the new stadium is complete.

Short term, could really help us ... Long term ... not so much

Highly doubt a takeover will happen before the court date, I imagine the priority is paying enough of the debt to avoid the 10-point deduction.
Not sure how this affects the embargo, surely if we avoid the points deduction, we will qualify for that to be lifted instantly?
Others have mentioned that IF the debt is paid, then HMRC will promptly issue us another one, for unpaid monies owed since the date of the last one?.
IF that is correct, then the embargo will remain?.

Others have mentioned that IF the debt is paid, then HMRC will promptly issue us another one, for unpaid monies owed since the date of the last one?.
IF that is correct, then the embargo will remain?.
I believe if that is the case that not only would the Embargo remain, I think we could be subject to decision of the 10 points, but I could have misunderstood leagues statement, maybe others could confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back