• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I am aware of. Brady's bid was completely separate to the others.

Shame. Tara was a good guy, one of the best we have had working at this club. Wasn't everyones cup of tea, but myself, @Cricko @TrueBlue and many others got on very well with him and it was a shame he was messed around and had to leave.
Ah I got all exited that I may have figured something out!

I would be torn if there was a need for an offer for my shares arose

Given our long family history of involvement through my Dad, as I understand it share owners may pass the shares on to their descendants. I believe this was part of the original deal, although cant remember how you go about it?

So unlikely to give up as I rather like the idea of my tiny not worth much dynasty in share ownership carrying on !
Saying to my kids there you lucky boogers you are now share holders in Southend, it might go on my gravestone but feels like Spike Milligan's " I told you I was ill !

Didn't Tara take Ron to court to get back money Ron owed. Guess Ron doesn't like those sort of fair and legal dealings
Yes and it was only at the 11th hour it was settled after Tara gave him a bit more time to pay.

Very unlike RM. 🙄

Nearly 10 years ago to the day.

Southend United: Ron Martin settles Brady debt out of court​

24th August 2013
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has reached an out-of-court settlement with the club’s former chief executive, Tara Brady, over a hefty debt.

Mr Martin was facing possible bankruptcy – despite the debt, believed to be about £300,000, being owed to Mr Brady by Southend United – because he had personally guaranteed security for the loan.
Yesterday, at Southend County Court, deputy district Judge Fiona Scolding dismissed the petition after the court heard Mr Martin and Mr Brady had reached an out-of-court settlement before the hearing.

The Echo can reveal a creditor’s petition for Mr Martin’s bankruptcy was lodged with the court by Mr Brady in June.
It related to money the businessman injected into the club, and the Fossetts Farm stadium project, while he was a director from December 2010 until March last year.
No details of the repayment schedule or evidence were disclosed in court as they both signed a confidentiality agreement ahead of the hearing.
A bid by Mr Martin to have yesterday’s hearing held in private on confidentiality grounds was rejected by Judge Scolding after she heard submissions from both sides and an Echo reporter.

Following the case, Mr Martin said he applied for a private hearing to ensure the confidentiality of the agreement.
He added: “I cannot comment on the agreement, but it was a debt owed by the club.
“I remain always prepared to step forward and pay any debts on behalf of the club when it is not in a position to do so.”
Kiera King, representing Mr Brady, told the court: “The matter is subject of an agreement so the petition should be dismissed and there will be no application for costs.”
Judge Scolding then dismissed the case.
The case was the latest in a series of financial problems for the club and Mr Martin, who fended off a previous bankruptcy bid in the Nineties.

The club this month avoided its ninth winding-up petition by HMRC over late taxes within the past three years.
Mr Martin, s o m e t i m e s assisted by supermarket giant Sainsbury’s, his business partner in the Fossetts Farm proposal, has bailed out the club a number of times.

Last edited:
Yes and it was only at the 11th hour it was settled after Tara gave him a bit more time to pay.

Very unlike RM. 🙄

24th August 2013
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has reached an out-of-court settlement with the club’s former chief executive, Tara Brady, over a hefty debt.

Mr Martin was facing possible bankruptcy – despite the debt, believed to be about £300,000, being owed to Mr Brady by Southend United – because he had personally guaranteed security for the loan.
Yesterday, at Southend County Court, deputy district Judge Fiona Scolding dismissed the petition after the court heard Mr Martin and Mr Brady had reached an out-of-court settlement before the hearing.

The Echo can reveal a creditor’s petition for Mr Martin’s bankruptcy was lodged with the court by Mr Brady in June.
It related to money the businessman injected into the club, and the Fossetts Farm stadium project, while he was a director from December 2010 until March last year.
No details of the repayment schedule or evidence were disclosed in court as they both signed a confidentiality agreement ahead of the hearing.
A bid by Mr Martin to have yesterday’s hearing held in private on confidentiality grounds was rejected by Judge Scolding after she heard submissions from both sides and an Echo reporter.

Following the case, Mr Martin said he applied for a private hearing to ensure the confidentiality of the agreement.
He added: “I cannot comment on the agreement, but it was a debt owed by the club.
“I remain always prepared to step forward and pay any debts on behalf of the club when it is not in a position to do so.”
Kiera King, representing Mr Brady, told the court: “The matter is subject of an agreement so the petition should be dismissed and there will be no application for costs.”
The case was the latest in a series of financial problems for the club and Mr Martin, who fended off a previous bankruptcy bid in the Nineties.

The club this month avoided its ninth winding-up petition by HMRC over late taxes within the past three years.
Mr Martin, s o m e t i m e s assisted by supermarket giant Sainsbury’s, his business partner in the Fossetts Farm proposal, has bailed out the club a number of times.
Ah the 9th wup happier times

Very unlike RM. 🙄

24th August 2013
SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

This just sums things up for the younger and newer fans. Ron has been stringing this club along for so many years. Yes he has paid every HMRC debt but they have pretty much all been late and placed our club under Embargo after Embargo.

He did because Tara was not prepared to put up with all his bull**** and lies, let alone how he was running or should i say Ruining SUFC.
It's because RM has to believe he is the top dog in any scenario. Also he operates in such clandestine ways he is nervous in dealing with those that are not shy to be seen and heard. He would in his delusional world considered Tara and the Kimura boys as unprofessional and beneath dealing with. What a day it will be when this man has no influence on the day to day running of our Club.

This not going to end well folks, hope I am wrong but it has been dragging on for a long time with nothing positive coming from it. Just looking at the facts and ignoring the rumours.
A good decision to ignore all the rumours that appear on shrimperzone on a now daily basis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back