• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if that is the case that not only would the Embargo remain, I think we could be subject to decision of the 10 points, but I could have misunderstood leagues statement, maybe others could confirm.
IF that is the case, then i'd assume (?) that as the petition would have only been issued, we'd have until the date given to pay it, or be penalized?.

IF that is the case, then i'd assume (?) that as the petition would have only been issued, we'd have until the date given to pay it, or be penalized?.
My interpretation of the statement was that if we did not pay when due, then the deduction would be applicable, so in this case as soon as the petition is issued we would be subject to the point deduction. However I could have misunderstood the stance and statement. Hoping we don’t have to worry about the decision as it will be settled along with current liabilities accruing, either settled by Ronald McDonald or by our potential new owners.

My interpretation of the statement was that if we did not pay when due, then the deduction would be applicable, so in this case as soon as the petition is issued we would be subject to the point deduction. However I could have misunderstood the stance and statement. Hoping we don’t have to worry about the decision as it will be settled along with current liabilities accruing, either settled by Ronald McDonald or by our potential new owners.
I agree. You only get issued a winding up petition when you haven't paid hence the 10 points

Not quite right.

By the 23rd every £1 due to HMRC be the debt be part of a WUO or not has to be paid and going forward all further liabilities to HMRC have to be paid on time.

The Club HMRC debt is to be discharged in full by their next court date, 23 August 2023. It should be noted that this remains a requirement from the League even if the court hearing is further adjourned past the 23 August 2023

Others have mentioned that IF the debt is paid, then HMRC will promptly issue us another one, for unpaid monies owed since the date of the last one?.
IF that is correct, then the embargo will remain?.
The NL have required us to pay all monies owed to HMRC by 23 August and remain up to date or receive a 10 point deduction. The embargo should be lifted and remain lifted. Ron has 3 options: pay HMRC, sell the club or accept the 10 point deduction.

The NL have required us to pay all monies owed to HMRC by 23 August and remain up to date or receive a 10 point deduction. The embargo should be lifted and remain lifted. Ron has 3 options: pay HMRC, sell the club or accept the 10 point deduction.
A minimum 10 point deduction. The NL left themselves room to add further sanctions if they saw fit.

Last edited:
It's not just HMRC though... it's ALL football related debt. There's evidence that old debts (water etc) have or are being paid, which is good. I think the main issue now is the wages of the players and staff. They have to be paid on time.
Going forward, HMRC tend to use WUP's as reminder notices, so if the NL are going to use the issue of the petition as the trigger for a points deduction, we are going to have to be very careful.

It's not just HMRC though... it's ALL football related debt. There's evidence that old debts (water etc) have or are being paid, which is good. I think the main issue now is the wages of the players and staff. They have to be paid on time.
Going forward, HMRC tend to use WUP's as reminder notices, so if the NL are going to use the issue of the petition as the trigger for a points deduction, we are going to have to be very careful.

Its also a requirement of the league for clubs to notify them if they miss HMRC payments - so if clubs are 'honest' the league shouldn't have to rely on HMRC notifications

Is there evidence that water debt is being paid? B & L water is not from the mains supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back