• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna sit here and say this isn't true. I have said numerous times, it's not done until it's done because RM changes the goalposts and his mind like the wind.

However, there would need to have been a spectacular collapse for this to be the case.

I don't think I'd have heard some of the stuff I heard over the weekend if a price hadn't already been agreed with the Australian bidder, and if a deal wasn't an incredibly long way (i.e. close to completion) down the line.

That would be a special kind of turnaround only 36 hours later.

Can't rule out anything where RM is concerned though, so would be foolish to dismiss it out of hand.
Coming back to this.

I've heard enough since posting this, from four different sources that I very much trust, that things with the Australian bidder are still very much on track.

I highly suspected that would be the case. As I said, nothing is impossible or improbable with Ron Martin, but I'd have been very surprised if things had taken such a big backwards step from some of the positive stuff that I heard over the weekend.

So, as you were for now, as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Coming back to this.

I've heard enough since posting this, from four different sources that I very much trust, that things with the Australian bidder are still very much on track.

I highly suspected that would be the case. As I said, nothing is impossible or improbable with Ron Martin, but I'd have been very surprised if things had taken such a big backwards step from some of the positive stuff that Inheard over the weekend.

To be clear I would be over the moon for your sauces to trump mine x x

Ron's changed his mind as he's finally found a profitable business model.

- pay wages for 14 national leagues players (when I see fit.)
- fans fix and maintain stadium for free.
- over 5000+ turn up to pay me.
- youth investment scrapped.
- back office staff paid up to date, they now owe me at least a year's worth of work in advance.
- transfer embargo means I don't need to spend anymore on players.

Why would he rush to sell?

Coming back to this.

I highly suspected that would be the case. As I said, nothing is impossible or improbable with Ron Martin, but I'd have been very surprised if things had taken such a big backwards step from some of the positive stuff that Inheard over the weekend.

Thanks for the update. Any idea on if/when this will go through and if it’s likely to be before the court date etc ?

Coming back to this.

How far gone? Before court expected based off what your hearing? Thumbs up or down

Ron sell the club pack your bags and **** off we don’t need you we need an owner who knows what he is doing and that can give Kevin Maher and co the keys to the castle and keep us at the top of the league oh yeah and a few new players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back