• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to divulge what the intel was, apart from the fact that it ultimately means that as things stand this is close to being finalised. That's all I can say about where it puts us really. I'm hesitant to put a timeframe on anything where RM is concerned, but I think it'll be soon.

RM has never offered formal exclusivity to anybody, including this bidder, AFAIK. I don't know his reasons for that but I can't imagine that it's for any other reason than to keep his options open and to maintain a degree of flexibility for himself, i.e. to not put all his eggs in one basket.

Regarding HMRC, I haven't heard anything concrete about that. There's a chance it might be sorted this week, or it might go to the wire. I can only really go on logic in this situation, and logic would suggest that there's no way a bidder who has put in this much work and is this far down the line will accept their investment being hampered by an entirely-avoidable 10-point deduction. So I am very cautiously confident that it will be sorted by the time of the court hearing on 23rd, one way or another.
Much appreciated by all Medway.

Has it been confirmed if the bidder in question is bidding to be a majority shareholder or an owner of the entire club, thus getting rid of Ron completely?

I ask because there has been some discrepancies about whether Ron will still have a minority share with the Aussies rather than him gone completely.

I would personally accept either of those options. Getting rid of Ron is a huge preference but ultimately the survival of our club is of paramount importance. If it means Kev and our amazing staff can be supported as they should and the survival of our wonderful club is confirmed, we'd all take that at this point surely.

I just drove the theatre of screams and I noticed that the flag is at half mast. I hope that's not a sign of bad news 😢. BT W my wife said that they need to buy a new flag as the current one is tatty. I said that they may have more pressing things to spend their money on.

I just drove the theatre of screams and I noticed that the flag is at half mast. I hope that's not a sign of bad news 😢. BT W my wife said that they need to buy a new flag as the current one is tatty. I said that they may have more pressing things to spend their money on.
The flag has been at half mast since the Queen died.

I'm not going to divulge what the intel was, apart from the fact that it ultimately means that as things stand this is close to being finalised. That's all I can say about where it puts us really. I'm hesitant to put a timeframe on anything where RM is concerned, but I think it'll be soon.

RM has never offered formal exclusivity to anybody, including this bidder, AFAIK. I don't know his reasons for that but I can't imagine that it's for any other reason than to keep his options open and to maintain a degree of flexibility for himself, i.e. to not put all his eggs in one basket.

Regarding HMRC, I haven't heard anything concrete about that. There's a chance it might be sorted this week, or it might go to the wire. I can only really go on logic in this situation, and logic would suggest that there's no way a bidder who has put in this much work and is this far down the line will accept their investment being hampered by an entirely-avoidable 10-point deduction. So I am very cautiously confident that it will be sorted by the time of the court hearing on 23rd, one way or another.
If it does all go Breasts Up, then I am sure we will have another statement from Ron blaming the Fans again, or making other excuses.
Just cut your losses now Clown and get out of our club.

Hear me out but I’m coming to the conclusion that the best possible outcome in the short term would be Ron holding onto a minority stake.

I know this won’t be a popular suggestion as people (including me) ultimately want him gone entirely but our fortunes are going to be intertwined until Fossetts is built.

The key is to get rid of him being in control. Once he becomes a minority shareholder we no longer have to worry about him being the one who (fails to) fund the club. But him continuing to have a minority stake in the club should be a positive as it means he’ll likely treat us more favourably that he would entities he doesn’t have a financial stake in. For example if he’s landlord and we don’t pay the rent it would be against his interest to wind us up if he’s got a substantial minority shareholding. If he’s the one building FF it is better for him to have a financial stake in it being a success (and someone else footing the bill) than just seeking to do it in the cheapest possible way.

whatever the current major crisis is in the world - that's what Ron will blame.

He has form in this area

whatever the current major crisis is in the world - that's what Ron will blame.

He has form in this area
Anything to deflect from himself.

I am sure he blamed Covid for us getting relegated, not his inability to keep on top of the Finances and pay the Tax man.

23rd August is the day we need to find a buyer is this correct ?

Edited. Sorry guys spell check got brave.

Last edited:
Much appreciated by all Medway.

Has it been confirmed if the bidder in question is bidding to be a majority shareholder or an owner of the entire club, thus getting rid of Ron completely?

I ask because there has been some discrepancies about whether Ron will still have a minority share with the Aussies rather than him gone completely.

I would personally accept either of those options. Getting rid of Ron is a huge preference but ultimately the survival of our club is of paramount importance. If it means Kev and our amazing staff can be supported as they should and the survival of our wonderful club is confirmed, we'd all take that at this point surely.
No confirmation, but there are unconfirmed whispers of the bidder becoming the majority shareholder. If that is the case (and I'm not saying that it is, because I don't know for sure), then I don't know whether that majority shareholding will be directly in the club, or whether it will be in whichever company holds the 71% of shares in the football club which are currently owned by SEL.

Find it very hard to believe that we will hear anything before the 23rd and I fancy it will all come down to the wire in terms of when the fans will hear anything at least.

Right now, paying the debt is all I'm interested in

A take over is just a bonus

No confirmation, but there are unconfirmed whispers of the bidder becoming the majority shareholder. If that is the case (and I'm not saying that it is, because I don't know for sure), then I don't know whether that majority shareholding will be directly in the club, or whether it will be in whichever company holds the 71% of shares in the football club which are currently owned by SEL.
Please let some rumour be true We need an urgent in put of cash

Iv also heard from someone that the Aussies could be more than just investment. Dunno how true it is though

If it has to be can it be 98% to 2% ? :Winking2:

Iv also heard from someone that the Aussies could be more than just investment. Dunno how true it is though
Yeah there are a few unsubstantiated rumours that this arrangement could just be a first step, with more money and investors hopping aboard later if things seem to be heading in a positive direction. I haven't heard enough about that to feel confident in the veracity, but no smoke without fire, as they say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back