• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that because you know it’s done as there is no need to? Huh, huh, is it, is it?! Yeh it is. Yeah it is. It isn’t it?
Dont worry because the Trojan Horse has left and an extra MONKEY has been paid while the Donkey has reached for and eaten the Carrot

So all is good?

It’s brilliant and admiral you’re all had a paper round well done now can we get back to our club dying right infront of our very
Ron's changed his mind as he's finally found a profitable business model.

- pay wages for 14 national leagues players (when I see fit.)
- fans fix and maintain stadium for free.
- over 5000+ turn up to pay me.
- youth investment scrapped.
- back office staff paid up to date, they now owe me at least a year's worth of work in advance.
- transfer embargo means I don't need to spend anymore on players.

Why would he rush to sell?
Easy, would you want to look out of your kitchen window weekends and see Cricko,RHB lurking about,sell Rat you know it makes sense.

Just a quick note to say AAS is now at the printers so expect something big to happen between now and Saturday to instantly make it out of date when it goes on sale.

I have no inside information, just 19 years of experience with fanzine print lead times.
If this is the case, maybe you should have printed an edition a couple of months back.

So @Medway Blue and @rigsby, what was this intel we last heard of last on Saturday then? Rumblings of a long way down the line for Monsieur Oz, but where does that put us? HMRC date a formality has been murmured. Exclusivity secured or is that all a nonsense?

So @Medway Blue and @rigsby, what was this intel we last heard of last on Saturday then? Rumblings of a long way down the line for Monsieur Oz, but where does that put us? HMRC date a formality has been murmured. Exclusivity secured or is that all a nonsense?
I'm not going to divulge what the intel was, apart from the fact that it ultimately means that as things stand this is close to being finalised. That's all I can say about where it puts us really. I'm hesitant to put a timeframe on anything where RM is concerned, but I think it'll be soon.

RM has never offered formal exclusivity to anybody, including this bidder, AFAIK. I don't know his reasons for that but I can't imagine that it's for any other reason than to keep his options open and to maintain a degree of flexibility for himself, i.e. to not put all his eggs in one basket.

Regarding HMRC, I haven't heard anything concrete about that. There's a chance it might be sorted this week, or it might go to the wire. I can only really go on logic in this situation, and logic would suggest that there's no way a bidder who has put in this much work and is this far down the line will accept their investment being hampered by an entirely-avoidable 10-point deduction. So I am very cautiously confident that it will be sorted by the time of the court hearing on 23rd, one way or another.

I'm not going to divulge what the intel was, apart from the fact that it ultimately means that as things stand this is close to being finalised. That's all I can say about where it puts us really. I'm hesitant to put a timeframe on anything where RM is concerned, but I think it'll be soon.

RM has never offered formal exclusivity to anybody, including this bidder, AFAIK. I don't know his reasons for that but I can't imagine that it's for any other reason than to keep his options open and to maintain a degree of flexibility for himself, i.e. to not put all his eggs in one basket.

Regarding HMRC, I haven't heard anything concrete about that. There's a chance it might be sorted this week, or it might go to the wire. I can only really go on logic in this situation, and logic would suggest that there's no way a bidder who has put in this much work and is this far down the line will accept their investment being hampered by an entirely-avoidable 10-point deduction. So I am very cautiously confident that it will be sorted by the time of the court hearing on 23rd, one way or another.
Much appreciated 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back