• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit like the marvel series What if.... What if Ron Martin knew he was 6 months ago from getting the green light on fossetts and in his final play for time duped everyone into believing the club was for sale. Only to become the multi millionaire owner splashing the cash we have all dreamt of
None of my dreams involve Ron - he is the stuff of nightmares !

Last edited:
An administrator would be appointed to manage the sale of assets, which would cut Ron out of a lot of decision making.

It could be good for the club and be terrible for Ron so he will make sure it won’t happen. However the administrator will attempt for the best price , which could bring someone like Ron back into the mix as an owner

The club don't have any assets only debts. That's why the price is only £1. If the club go into admin then its players fans and any unpaid local suppliers that would feel it the most.....Not Ron.

Forget the football side of things. The carrot for Ron is houses at FF, B&L and RH. The stick has always been he has to provide a stadium before he can develop RH. In the last few months those lines seem to have blurred......The carrot could now be costly and the stick less effective.

There now appears to be no clear plan from Ron or various buyers. For example RH seems overpriced for a Stadium but underpriced for housing.....Again I don't know the details but it would seem this is why the deal has not yet completed.

Last edited:
The club don't have any assets only debts. That's why the price is only £1. If the club go into admin then its players fans and any unpaid local suppliers that would feel hot most.....Not Ron.

Forget the football side of things. The carrot for Ron is houses at FF, B&L and RH. The stick has always been he has to provide a stadium before he can develop RH. In the last few months those lines seem to have blurred......The carrot could now be costly and the stick less effective.

There now appears to be no clear plan from Ron or various buyers. For example RH seems overpriced for a Stadium but underpriced for housing.....Again I don't know the details but it would seem this is why the deal has not yet completed.
Are you hearing similar as Lee ? Or is your final paragraph the status quo for a few days / weeks?

This implies you've got sources who have confirmed Lee's story?
Agreed jon you seem to cause a lot of confusion on this board mate with continuous here say and conjecture . You’ve suggested you’ve heard the new rumour to be true , now you’re asking for others to confirm their rumours .. last week you were in crates pocket now you don’t know anything and want people to confirm .. it’s not helpful

Agreed jon you seem to cause a lot of confusion on this board mate with continuous here say and conjecture . You’ve suggested you’ve heard the new rumour to be true , now you’re asking for others to confirm their rumours .. last week you were in crates pocket now you don’t know anything and want people to confirm .. it’s not helpful
Fair comment. Won’t argue with that. I have been told stuff and asked to share it but will agree it has caused confusion. I’m not the only one. Even today there have been numerous posts yet nothing concrete. Just the way it is at the moment but will take your point on board. Certainly not my intention to cause any stress etc. im suffering enough myself so wouldn’t want o wish it on others.

Ron for the love of god .Stop behaving like a spoilt brat .Its my stadium and you cant have it .You are like a child in the sweet shop cant get my own way so i will screem and screem untill im sik ..From what i have read you have had offers but you keep saying no .Our club is just that our club .You might own it .But the fans have shown for two games now .Afull hose for each game .Theses fans are the life blood of the club .And you have no devine right to destroy that .Ron martin you are not a god you are an idiot .

Ron for the love of god .Stop behaving like a spoilt brat .Its my stadium and you cant have it .You are like a child in the sweet shop cant get my own way so i will screem and screem untill im sik ..From what i have read you have had offers but you keep saying no .Our club is just that our club .You might own it .But the fans have shown for two games now .Afull hose for each game .Theses fans are the life blood of the club .And you have no devine right to destroy that .Ron martin you are not a god you are an idiot .
Im sure he'll see this mate and change his mind 👍🏼

The club don't have any assets only debts. That's why the price is only £1. If the club go into admin then its players fans and any unpaid local suppliers that would feel it the most.....Not Ron.

Whilst the RH site may be over priced as a stadium and underpriced for housing the obvious answer lies in the fact it can be both to begin with. The 7 must understand this unless it’s the partially sighted leading the blind- but then if you’ve got 7 businessmen, so surely….??
Moot point really. Ron sees an investor as the way to keep the original plan alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back