• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So @Medway you clearly have some trusted sources which has provided you and then us with some up to date news over the past few weeks (well as much as you could say). You are suggesting that over the weekend as far as you are concerned things were progressing. Are your sources able to confirm that this is still so?

Otherwise @leeblue through his sources are saying the complete opposite and that the deal has fallen down. Im assuming he heard that today so do we assume therefore that in fact the deal has fallen down

As you both seem to be the ones ITK in this instance it would be useful to have this clarified one way or the other
Like I said Jon, I would be surprised if what leeblue has said is true, but that doesn't mean that it isn't. Ron Martin has been surprising us all, and not in a good way, for 25 years. If there were one person with the unique ability to **** things up at the death and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Ron ****ing Martin.

I had a decent stream of info as recently as Saturday afternoon from what I would consider to be very trustworthy sources (I won't say who they are or ask them to back me up) which made me feel very confident that things are progressing well and are a long way down the line, i.e. at a stage where any wrangling over price should have been concluded. It is based on that info that I would be shocked for a group that has put so much work in to pull out at such a late stage because "it's too expensive". If it was too expensive then I struggle to see how it would have gotten this far.

That's not to say that something hasn't cropped up in the last 36 hours though. RM moving some goalposts, or a disagreement over part of a debt, or something.

I'm trying to do some digging but I haven't heard anything from anybody that I speak to to back-up leeblue's info. Yet.

The price was agreed last time though so I am not surprised for one if things have changed at all. Could it be as a result of the recent acquisition of land by his sons company?

A bit like the marvel series What if.... What if Ron Martin knew he was 6 months ago from getting the green light on fossetts and in his final play for time duped everyone into believing the club was for sale. Only to become the multi millionaire owner splashing the cash we have all dreamt of

Like I said Jon, I would be surprised if what leeblue has said is true, but that doesn't mean that it isn't. Ron Martin has been surprising us all, and not in a good way, for 25 years. If there were one person with the unique ability to **** things up at the death and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Ron ****ing Martin.

I had a decent stream of info as recently as Saturday afternoon from what I would consider to be very trustworthy sources (I won't say who they are or ask them to back me up) which made me feel very confident that things are progressing well and are a long way down the line, i.e. at a stage where any wrangling over price should have been concluded. It is based on that info that I would be shocked for a group that has put so much work in to pull out at such a late stage because "it's too expensive". If it was too expensive then I struggle to see how it would have gotten this far.

That's not to say that something hasn't cropped up in the last 36 hours though. RM moving some goalposts, or a disagreement over part of a debt, or something.

I'm trying to do some digging but I haven't heard anything from anybody that I speak to to back-up leeblue's info. Yet.
Thanks MB, thats good enough for me

apologies, ignore me. Medway Blue appears to be the one to listen to
Comes with a massive caveat as always, Jon. I can only be confident based on what I've been told. Never, ever rule out anything completely where Ron Martin is involved. I haven't heard anything *yet* to backup what leeblue has said, but it might just be that the info hasn't filtered through to the people that I speak to yet.

I have sent some messages out to ask and for all I know, I could get a message back this evening confirming that leeblue is on the money.

*As things stand* I don't believe anything has changed, and I'm not panicking yet.

Agree, the only way this is true (I’m not suggesting it is or isn’t btw) is if either Ron or the Aussies have reneged on the price that had already been agreed. Too much work had gone on for it to suddenly collapse like this. Not that it’s impossible to believe though.

If true (again, not saying it is or isn’t), it could very well be a negotiation tactic from the buyers, and not necessarily Ron’s doing*. Why go to the lengths of having the owners checks completed and meeting the players/back room staff, only to pull out at the last minute due to the price?

*I’ll caveat that by saying Ron is still a massive helmet and you can’t rule out any ****housery from him
Haven't we been around this loop before? :Think:

Last edited:
... and this put the debts back firmly with Ron. I guess we will see what his true motives are, payup himself or let SUFC go into administration. I doubt if he will be granted any further adjournments without proof of any interested parties and with any football debt outstanding I think the FL will carry out everything they have already outlined. Just gets me so mad that all these debts are being laid against a LTD company not Ron himself.
Just hope we have someone who still could stop this nightmare.
Won’t go into administration we will cease to exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back