• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest it's current news, as they've only just found out about it ?
It was all in the original plans for the 21000 seater application that went through Council at the end of 2020 beginning of 2021...

Someone wasn't looking at all the paperwork... Mind you there was an awful lot to sift through, took me best part of a week's solid reading!

i think if chris phillips printed every piece of news and info he hears coming from roots hall chairman ron would ban the echo from the ground , so he probably can`t report every thing he hears ,although he would probably like to he has to be a little tactful sometimes ,
Our plight goes well above Chris Phillips’ remit. It’s more than a football story and the Echo’s coverage should reflect that. I asked Chris once why it wasn’t covered by other news reporters and he said that there aren’t the staff any more.

All this talk about who is making what offer is cheep .What we need is real action and quickly .The who is doing what and when or if .As time is running out fast the club needs real action to either buy the club or invest .But instead of all the talking get it done pretty dan quickly .The managment and the team have moved heven and earth to get to whwere they are .So its about time the owner and his backers need to do the same .Instead of hiding behind pointless words .

Aussies have walked....too expensive
Ron not engaging with local consortium
No sale imminent.
So its looking more then likely that

1. Maybe some oil oligarch or other nutcase billionaire would offer him gazillions to buy the lot.

2. Ron has actually got loads of cash stashed away in foreign accounts but couldnt be arsed to spend it on a failing roots hall, the team, or staff

so was looking for someone with big pockets to come in and fund all that crap and a financial injection to get the flats/ff built and give away a small % of it all.

As been said before, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. The seller also has to be motivated to sell it. It seems obvious Ron isn't motivated to sell. Really not sure how this will all pan out.

Scenarios as I understand.
1.Ron pays latest deadline, but we have zero budget to bring players in anyway.
2. Ron doesn't pay and we get deducted 10 points.
3. Ron accepts reduced price from local consortium....who he won't talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back