• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
had it confirmed that this is correct about this group and also that Ron is not engaging with the consortium either. Like many on Saturday we assumed that he didnt want to sell but would accept investment. Now even that avenue seems to have been stopped. No idea what he is playing at. None of this makes sense. Just do the right thing for once Ron and **** off into the sunset
could it be he gave the aussie group exclusivity and therefore couldn't engage with anyone else? I know its unlikely and he's just being a ****

This is not gonna be popular but …. Why on earth would RM want to spend any of his own money on a failing business a business that he’s propped up for years ( in his mind at least ) if he doesn’t have to ? Not sure if he loses out too much if we get wound up on the 23rd ???

... and this put the debts back firmly with Ron. I guess we will see what his true motives are, payup himself or let SUFC go into administration. I doubt if he will be granted any further adjournments without proof of any interested parties and with any football debt outstanding I think the FL will carry out everything they have already outlined. Just gets me so mad that all these debts are being laid against a LTD company not Ron himself.
Just hope we have someone who still could stop this nightmare.

Aussies have walked....too expensive
I'm not gonna sit here and say this isn't true. I have said numerous times, it's not done until it's done because RM changes the goalposts and his mind like the wind.

However, there would need to have been a spectacular collapse for this to be the case.

I don't think I'd have heard some of the stuff I heard over the weekend if a price hadn't already been agreed with the Australian bidder, and if a deal wasn't an incredibly long way (i.e. close to completion) down the line.

That would be a special kind of turnaround only 36 hours later.

Can't rule out anything where RM is concerned though, so would be foolish to dismiss it out of hand.

If we get to the court case unbeaten and end up with a ten point deduction what's the next stop to force this clown out of the club

I'm not gonna sit here and say this isn't true. I have said numerous times, it's not done until it's done because RM changes the goalposts and his mind like the wind.

However, there would need to have been a spectacular collapse for this to be the case.

I don't think I'd have heard some of the stuff I heard over the weekend if a price hadn't already been agreed with the Australian bidder, and if a deal wasn't an incredibly long way (i.e. close to completion) down the line.

Can't rule out anything where RM is concerned though, so would be foolish to dismiss it out of hand.

Agreed, would be very surprised if this was the case based on the position I understood the deal to be in. But then nothing would surprise you with RM involved. However, nothing has filtered down to my contacts yet.

If we get to the court case unbeaten and end up with a ten point deduction what's the next stop to force this clown out of the club
Honestly don't care anymore, the man has over the past 4-5 season almost destroyed the club. If no one wants to buy your house, you drop the price or improve what is on offer to any potential buyers. In this case effectively moving the goal posts but making the club more sell-able not more unattractive.

Agree, the only way this is true (I’m not suggesting it is or isn’t btw) is if either Ron or the Aussies have reneged on the price that had already been agreed. Too much work had gone on for it to suddenly collapse like this. Not that it’s impossible to believe though.

If true (again, not saying it is or isn’t), it could very well be a negotiation tactic from the buyers, and not necessarily Ron’s doing*. Why go to the lengths of having the owners checks completed and meeting the players/back room staff, only to pull out at the last minute due to the price?

*I’ll caveat that by saying Ron is still a massive helmet and you can’t rule out any ****housery from him

So @Medway you clearly have some trusted sources which has provided you and then us with some up to date news over the past few weeks (well as much as you could say). You are suggesting that over the weekend as far as you are concerned things were progressing. Are your sources able to confirm that this is still so?

Otherwise @leeblue through his sources are saying the complete opposite and that the deal has fallen down. Im assuming he heard that today so do we assume therefore that in fact the deal has fallen down

As you both seem to be the ones ITK in this instance it would be useful to have this clarified one way or the other

had it confirmed that this is correct about this group and also that Ron is not engaging with the consortium either. Like many on Saturday we assumed that he didnt want to sell but would accept investment. Now even that avenue seems to have been stopped. No idea what he is playing at. None of this makes sense. Just do the right thing for once Ron and **** off into the sunset
This implies you've got sources who have confirmed Lee's story?

I wouldn't accuse anyone of lying, other than scumbag ron
Agree with that assessment! It's all out about the business of trying to get the best / preferred deal, that applies to Seller, Buyer or Investor. Maybe option 3 has stirred the waters over the weekend or who knows after our on the field showing so far interest has been nudge elsewhere and there's late 4 option? As always only time will tell, the clocks still ticking.

So @Medway you clearly have some trusted sources which has provided you and then us with some up to date news over the past few weeks (well as much as you could say). You are suggesting that over the weekend as far as you are concerned things were progressing. Are your sources able to confirm that this is still so?

Otherwise @leeblue through his sources are saying the complete opposite and that the deal has fallen down. Im assuming he heard that today so do we assume therefore that in fact the deal has fallen down

As you both seem to be the ones ITK in this instance it would be useful to have this clarified one way or the other
Hang on a minute. Earlier you said 'had it confirmed that this is correct' and now you're asking others what is true and what isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back