• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. My guess is it's the site of the Cecil Jones pitch that was never used but was to be the site of the community dome amongst other things. It is a huge part of the FF site. Now the freehold has been sold and Cecil Jones will be investing in an all weather 3g on their school site does this mean the domes are now off the table and there will be revised plans for extra flats. Given that Ron is trying to sell Roots Hall my guess is and it's only a guess is that the new stadium will be off the table and revised plans will be submitted for more flats.
Or I could be completely wrong. Who knows.

Here’s the story in the Echo today

Anyone know which bit of land this is in relation to the rest of the development?

I suppose they could plonk their houses there instead of at the new stadium?

Just my mind working overtime but could the space allocated for the domes at FF be relocated to Cecil Jones. This could allow the residential units sitting on the main north stand to be shifted to where the domes were planned.

This would allow for a larger 21000 stand alone stadium with more facilities tailored to the clubs needs and the needs of a prospective buyer/investor?? This could be complete BS but I’m trying to look for a positive.

Just my mind working overtime but could the space allocated for the domes at FF be relocated to Cecil Jones. This could allow the residential units sitting on the main north stand to be shifted to where the domes were planned.

This would allow for a larger 21000 stand alone stadium with more facilities tailored to the clubs needs and the needs of a prospective buyer/investor?? This could be complete BS but I’m trying to look for a positive.
Be careful about that mind working overtime. Mrs Supa Shrimpa does that, and it normally ends up with me not being able to watch the footy !!!!!

Last edited:
That's true if you actually pay your bills and actually develop property. Sadly neither is true if the Martin family
1. It is not unusual for business involved in property to buy land and enter deals for others to develop.

2. It was proven on SZ that RM has actually developed a fair bit of property.

Now I am off for a shower because I feel you have made me defend that individual.

Interesting. My guess is it's the site of the Cecil Jones pitch that was never used but was to be the site of the community dome amongst other things. It is a huge part of the FF site. Now the freehold has been sold and Cecil Jones will be investing in an all weather 3g on their school site does this mean the domes are now off the table and there will be revised plans for extra flats. Given that Ron is trying to sell Roots Hall my guess is and it's only a guess is that the new stadium will be off the table and revised plans will be submitted for more flats.
Or I could be completely wrong. Who knows.

As I said before, I doubt any of Ron's plans have changed in regards to RH or FF in terms of the end game. There was excitement when he was being pressured by AF and others to separate RH and FF, and then sell the club and RH separately, not least because he then came up with the proposal that appeared to do just that..

Whilst the back stop is perhaps to sell RH and club separately AND independently of the FF development I don't think the idea was ever, in his mind, an option he wanted. Even less so, as he is completely on a separate page to the buyer wanting this option. He thinks he is giving away something on the cheap given the planning for 502 houses which can't be just imagined away, pretending approval never happened. The buyer seems only able to think in terms of buying a crumbling stadium and broken club and, therefore it looks (to them) expensive. The obvious answer is partial development, with whether the club moves to a new stadium for the future. I see nothing to suggest the buyer has grasped this (or maybe rather wants to). Whether offering under the asking price has any chance of getting engagement given the above, and taking account of the fact it's Ron and how he operates, is an interesting discussion. But actually mute.

Because at this point I suspect the Australians are very much aligned with keeping the original plans including FF alive and kicking. If so its not even a competition...

We are lucky having Chris Phillips covering the footballing side of the Blues however “investigative journalism” is alien to the Echo I’m afraid.
Have to agree it is alien, apparently they did back ground checks on the councillors before the elections, but failed notice that 2 of them are members of an adult club and website. Simple stuff to find out yet they didnt, anyway on the football side of things, this for me is a non story was done a year ago and only just came to light.

Last edited:
Have to agree it is alien, apparently thy did back ground checks on the councillors before the elections, but failed notice that 2 of them are members of an adult club and website. Simple stuff to find out yet they didnt, anyway on the football side of things, this for me is a non story was done a year ago and only just came to light.
Surely not a Bondage Night get together at Pink Papers? Southends newest Gentlemen's club, to discuss FF

We are lucky having Chris Phillips covering the footballing side of the Blues however “investigative journalism” is alien to the Echo I’m afraid.
i think if chris phillips printed every piece of news and info he hears coming from roots hall chairman ron would ban the echo from the ground , so he probably can`t report every thing he hears ,although he would probably like to he has to be a little tactful sometimes ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back