• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to pay what Ron wants though? Otherwise pointless
I think therein lies the problem - for the transaction to take place it needs a willing buyer AND a willing seller. If the price doesn’t match Ron’s valuation (or other terms) then he’s not going to be willing to sell to them.

That seems to be the impasse we’re in at the moment and perhaps why another group (the Aussies?) are now in pole position.

Imagine when you buy a house! How many times do you offer under asking price! NO ONE is offering asking price! And why would you? Because RON asks?

I’m going to make a point! And it’s the final point I make! Laurie and a consortium are ready to buy the club! End of!
I’m totally a novice when it comes to law so forgive my naivety

If Martin can’t, or more likely won’t, clear the debt by the date set is there any way in law the judge can:

1) get the club valued at a sensible figure.
2) then put a Compulsory purchase in place for that amount if it can be determined Laurence et al have the funds to pay the monies & run the club.

Effectively & hopefully prying the club from Martins grasping claws into the hands of those who have our best future interest at heart.

Martin can’t keep kicking the can up the road like this & dragging the club & fans through purgatory. It needs to fncking well stop now!

Last edited:
No one will!
This is no different to football clubs putting a price on a player. Usually they end up going for less.

The fact he's not engaging with potential buyers that are making themselves known would suggest he has a better offer he's already looking at though would it not? I'm not saying it's a better offer for the club

It seems to me that the Aussies (or whoever is in front) has offered more than the consortium. I could be wrong, but it would make sense. That said - Ron should still negotiate with all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back