• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mezcal has over 2m sitting in it's accounts which is one of the companies in RM's Myriad. It's probably offshore money that he didn't want to use up until now because he had hoped a buyer would inherit the deferred salaries.
How would you know that, when it's listed in the British Virgin Islands ?

TV
i just been watching Southend v Millwall from a few years back and it got me thinking, what IF RM was the owner of Millwall and not Southend and had taken them down into the NL and was doing to them what hes doing to us ,how would their supporters react. I t was just a thought that went through my head whilst watching the game .
they would be told not to sing we want Martin out during matches as it’s counter productive. And they would have sat on their hands as they fell out of the leagues though fear of upsetting anyone that’s what they would have done

Given how difficult raising money has appeared to be for RM over recent times are you really confident he can pay off the debt this time ? In recent months he lost a valuable player, incurred considerable penalties, failed to pay staff and racked up legal fees for the lack of comparatively trivial equity. Something doesn’t add up.
Ron isn't skint, he has plenty of money squirrelled away in tax havens. He just doesn't want to dip into it. But he will have to if he doesn't sell.

Ron isn't skint, he has plenty of money squirrelled away in tax havens. He just doesn't want to dip into it. But he will have to if he doesn't sell.
Surely the whole point of tax havens is the money is hidden. How does anyone know what he’s got ? He behaves like a man leveraged up to the eyeballs. I hope you’re right Liam.

Y'see that could be one of the stumbling blocks to this whole takeover. Trying to conduct Those words are banned on this myriad of companies must be a nightmare

Mezcal has over 2m sitting in it's accounts which is one of the companies in RM's Myriad. It's probably offshore money that he didn't want to use up until now because he had hoped a buyer would inherit the deferred salaries.
If that is / was the case it would massively magnify the fact that Ron was sitting on a giant pile whilst staff were not paid for months and reached for the food banks and charity

All things considered, I expect that Mr Martin is cash poor by conventional standards, but I expect that there is a whole nest of very busy squirrels lurking not to far away!
Many are asset rich; the issues are dissolving those assets. I have 2 properties one in the UK and one here both with no mortgage, my motor was bought with cash. The UK one is just going on the market and I'm not expecting it to sell any time soon.

Headline on the BBC

''

Moises Caicedo transfer news: Liverpool agree £111m fee with Brighton for Ecuador midfielder​

''

This just makes me sick with envy

We ( SUFC ) cannot even find anyone to buy our club is it £4 Million asking price ?

I am lost with what's going on these days over the Sale of SUFC , this Thread is a waste of time IMHO

This was actually what people said would happen, when the Premier**** broke away from the Football League in the early 90s

Smaller clubs like Southend United FC will just die off

Greed Greed Greed and ****ing more Greed

Last edited:
Many are asset rich; the issues are dissolving those assets. I have 2 properties one in the UK and one here both with no mortgage, my motor was bought with cash. The UK one is just going on the market and I'm not expecting it to sell any time soon.
My point exactly!
I dont know, but I have an inckling that there are also assets, cash etc are in Limied Companies, Trusts, owned by relatives etc. Not easily accessible, but very much there!

i just been watching Southend v Millwall from a few years back and it got me thinking, what IF RM was the owner of Millwall and not Southend and had taken them down into the NL and was doing to them what hes doing to us ,how would their supporters react. I t was just a thought that went through my head whilst watching the game .
Think Ron may have been found face down in the Thames.

Headline on the BBC

''

Moises Caicedo transfer news: Liverpool agree £111m fee with Brighton for Ecuador midfielder​

''

This just makes me sick with envy

We ( SUFC ) cannot even find anyone to buy our club is it £4 Million asking price ?

I am lost with what's going on these days over the Sale of SUFC , this Thread is a waste of time IMHO

This was actually what people said would happen, when the Premier**** broke away from the Football League in the early 90s

Smaller clubs like Southend United FC will just die off

Greed Greed Greed and ****ing more Greed
It's a reflection of the country! I did read somewhere that the wealthiest 5% of the UK own 95% of the wealth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back