• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Yep, can completely empathise with that. As I said, don't take it as gospel. I'm not saying itsba definite. Just passing on what I've gleaned from what I've heard. Im cautiously hopeful, but I'd hope everybody on here has been well-educated as to how quickly things can change with this sale.
Do you have any idea of what the rat's going to hold, in terms of clout if this deal you are talking about goes ahead?.

I think the party Crate has comms with are different from the party that are potentially in pole position a things stand. A few different ITK's have confirmed in previous days that there are at least 3 interested parties. I think Smithy put up a good post detailing this.

This, I believe is where we are. In simple terms.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post. https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/page-1077#post-2653748.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are still in the running. But little to no information available on this group.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!

This, I believe is where we are. In simple terms.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post. https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/page-1077#post-2653748.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are they still in the running? are they part of Group 1 or 2? or are they a standalone? Not sure is the genuine answer, on where this group is right now.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!
The big question - do they have emojis?

I'm choosing to take an optimistic view. Hearing from a few people (not platinum level sources but people who know someone who works for Ron etc) that a deal is very close or even agreed. Thinking that if Ron can access offshore cash that will be adjusted in any deal terms and if deal is there he should be able to sort liquidity for WUP if too short notice for buyers. Money has been found recently (if too late) to meet imposed deadlines and would John White take a job without some confidence of being paid?

Also controversially I think Ron probably does love the club having entered in to the relationship for purely commercial ends, but not unconditionally and through a combination of poor business acumen and a little bit of bad luck he's not been willing to spend more of his legacy/ personal wealth on supporting the club and it's staff as he loves his money and FF dream more.

I believe he will sell but at the point where he decides he can't get any more favourable terms. I'm hoping he has now reached that point.

Ron will pay HMRC (if a sale isn't agreed beforehand), the prospective 10 point punishment for football creditors was enough of a stick to get him to put his hand in his pocket. The same terms apply to HMRC: he must pay up and keep on top of these creditors.

A 10pt deduction would all but guarantee that we won't be promoted this year, and he won't get anywhere near his asking price if there's minimum 2 years of National League football for a new owner to wade through.

Regarding a sale, I have no idea but for the first time in AAAAAGES I dont think we need to worry about HMRC/liquidation/point deductions etc. The NL have been very firm and, like all bullies, Ron is ultimately afraid of the consequences.

Ron will pay HMRC (if a sale isn't agreed beforehand), the prospective 10 point punishment for football creditors was enough of a stick to get him to put his hand in his pocket. The same terms apply to HMRC: he must pay up and keep on top of these creditors.

A 10pt deduction would all but guarantee that we won't be promoted this year, and he won't get anywhere near his asking price if there's minimum 2 years of National League football for a new owner to wade through.

Regarding a sale, I have no idea but for the first time in AAAAAGES I dont think we need to worry about HMRC/liquidation/point deductions etc. The NL have been very firm and, like all bullies, Ron is ultimately afraid of the consequences.
Given how difficult raising money has appeared to be for RM over recent times are you really confident he can pay off the debt this time ? In recent months he lost a valuable player, incurred considerable penalties, failed to pay staff and racked up legal fees for the lack of comparatively trivial equity. Something doesn’t add up.

Mezcal has over 2m sitting in it's accounts which is one of the companies in RM's Myriad. It's probably offshore money that he didn't want to use up until now because he had hoped a buyer would inherit the deferred salaries.

Could you share the link, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back