• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I predicted as soon as RM made his save face statement, we are what 5 months on and still no sale talk about the obvious 🫣 we got the odd half hearted chant "We want Martin OUT" last Saturday but it seems a lot of people have just forgotten we are still deep in the doo doo 😢

He has no intention of selling in my opinion unless someone came along and gave him stupid money or was daft enough to buy a club with no ground and please correct me if I am wrong but we are;

Still under a transfer embargo

2 weeks away from another winding up order

Facing a potential 10 point deduction

All our players are,up for grabs and could be gone tomorrow

In short although we have a squad, a fantastic management team and thanks to hundreds of supporters efforts a ground to play in but we are no better off than we were in March and RM has pacified large numbers of supporters by very predictably being able to say "it's not my fault I am trying to sell the club" he really is a master of spin and unbelievably after all his lies and practically ruining our club people still believe him 🤦🏼‍♂️

I don't have the answers, I wish I did as protests won't get rid of him and until he goes we will continue to be a club on the brink of extinction 😫 it's just so heart breaking that one man can inflict so much misery and continue to get away with it 🤬

He has no intention of selling in my opinion unless someone came along and gave him stupid money or was daft enough to buy a club with no ground
I've no doubt that Ron Martin has been a nightmare to deal with and is trying to get as much as he possibly can out of this and/or keep his Fossetts dream alive, but I don't subscribe to the theory that he doesn't want out of the football club. Whether he gets that via a full buyout or via something on the long and sliding spectrum that is "investment", who knows? I suspect the latter.

From the bits I've heard, I'm hopeful of something happening in the next week or two but I'm not getting my hopes up. We've seen with the whole Kimura thing that it's best not to and that things can change very quickly, especially with Ron Martin involved.

I really feel the City Council will come into play more and more. They seem to be coming round to the idea of Southend being seen as a proper, vibrant, must visit and welcoming place and see a top quality arena housing a successful football club as a jewel in the crown. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see an intervention from them just prior to any loss of league points.

I've no doubt that Ron Martin has been a nightmare to deal with and is trying to get as much as he possibly can out of this and/or keep his Fossetts dream alive, but I don't subscribe to the theory that he doesn't want out of the football club. Whether he gets that via a full buyout or via something on the long and sliding spectrum that is "investment", who knows? I suspect the latter.

From the bits I've heard, I'm hopeful of something happening in the next week or two but I'm not getting my hopes up. We've seen with the whole Kimura thing that it's best not to and that things can change very quickly, especially with Ron Martin involved.
The glaring fact that it's now 5 months down the line with still no change in terms of the sales gives me a strong feeling he is not serious about selling the club and as you said "out of the football club "because if he was genuine it would have been done by now.

Agreed on your point that he has been a nightmare to deal with though because everything hr has done so far has no logic whatsoever and is extremely frustrating for everyone around him.

His family do want out though which is why I still have hope, albeit fading that he will sell in the end but the man is so dilutional and on a different planet its kind of unreal.

What makes you say next week or 2?

I find your posts quite accurate, but the latest "ITK" post I've seen from Crate is " I have written evidence that I have shown to other Shrimperzoners that Ron is not replying/responding to either direct or legal communication"

So what has changed from that 2 days ago, to you think we're 2 weeks away from a sale?

I'm not trying to call you out in anyway or come across as rude, it's just conflicting information and 1 of you is incorrect.

i just been watching Southend v Millwall from a few years back and it got me thinking, what IF RM was the owner of Millwall and not Southend and had taken them down into the NL and was doing to them what hes doing to us ,how would their supporters react. I t was just a thought that went through my head whilst watching the game .

I find your posts quite accurate, but the latest "ITK" post I've seen from Crate is " I have written evidence that I have shown to other Shrimperzoners that Ron is not replying"

So what has changed from that 2 days ago, to you think we're 2 weeks away from a sale?
The main thing there being that I don't believe the purchaser/investor will be Crate's group, as things stand.

Don't take "in the next 2 weeks" as gospel. It's based on some of the stuff I've heard, but comes with a HUGE disclaimer, that being......this is Ron Martin, and his mind changes like the wind.

I find your posts quite accurate, but the latest "ITK" post I've seen from Crate is " I have written evidence that I have shown to other Shrimperzoners that Ron is not replying/responding to either direct or legal communication"

I'm not trying to call you out in anyway or come across as rude, it's just conflicting information and 1 of you is incorrect.
I think the party Crate has comms with are different from the party that are potentially in pole position a things stand. A few different ITK's have confirmed in previous days that there are at least 3 interested parties. I think Smithy put up a good post detailing this.

I think the trouble is Ron expects what he wants to be met and until he budges or is forced to change that, the club won't be sold. In essence, he's a stubborn ****

I really feel the City Council will come into play more and more. They seem to be coming round to the idea of Southend being seen as a proper, vibrant, must visit and welcoming place and see a top quality arena housing a successful football club as a jewel in the crown. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see an intervention from them just prior to any loss of league points.
Possibly - echo reporting Sanctuary Housing has pulled out of the Queensway redevelopment. So they need a housing project that's actually going to start!

Bored of always being a few weeks away but who knows because Ron can’t make a decision.

I feel nothing but anger for the man, the situation and everything and everyone connected with it now.

Thank goodness for Kevin Maher.

The main thing there being that I don't believe the purchaser/investor will be Crate's group, as things stand.

Don't take "in the next 2 weeks" as gospel. It's based on some of the stuff I've heard, but comes with a HUGE disclaimer, that being......this is Ron Martin, and his mind changes like the wind.
I welcome your posts but I wish I had a £1 for every time I've read "in the next 2 weeks" since March.

I welcome your posts but I wish I had a £1 for every time I've read "in the next 2 weeks" since March.
Ha! Yep, can completely empathise with that. As I said, don't take it as gospel. I'm not saying itsba definite. Just passing on what I've gleaned from what I've heard. Im cautiously hopeful, but I'd hope everybody on here has been well-educated as to how quickly things can change with this sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back