• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't comment on that I'm afraid, I was alluding more to the "Ron will pay it" part, but a sale will have to happen pretty quickly afterwards if doesn't want to be in arrears to HMRC again and land the club a 10 points penalty.
Further hell would break out against Ronaldo if we copped a 10 pointer when showing signs of starting well !

Can't comment on that I'm afraid, I was alluding more to the "Ron will pay it" part, but a sale will have to happen pretty quickly afterwards if he doesn't want to be in arrears to HMRC again and land the club a 10 points penalty.
If a Sale is that close, Why not Pay HMRC Now and get it all done before 23rd?
Really hope this is not another load of bollocks.
COYB, UTB

If a Sale is that close, Why not Pay HMRC Now and get it all done before 23rd?
Really hope this is not another load of bollocks.
COYB, UTB
I'm not saying it as a fact. I'm just saying what I think will happen.

RM will leave it as late as he can to pay it, in the hope that he can avoid having to do so. If he has to, then he will. The fact that he hasn't yet suggests he's hoping somebody else will be in a position to pay it by the date of the hearing. How realistic that hope is on his part, is another question entirely.

RM will leave it as late as he can to pay it, in the hope that he can avoid having to do so. If he has to, then he will. The fact that he hasn't yet suggests he's hoping somebody else will be in a position to pay it by the date of the hearing. How realistic that hope is on his part, is another question entirely.
and that is Ron all over - his business acumen and model is all about relying on hope.

And yet this could all have been over months ago if he hadn't knocked back serious bids *facepalm emoji*

Last edited:
Can't comment on that I'm afraid, I was alluding more to the "Ron will pay it" part, but a sale will have to happen pretty quickly afterwards if he doesn't want to be in arrears to HMRC again and land the club a 10 points penalty.
It just makes "Ron sense" doesn't it. If the incoming owners/investors are keen enough to take over they will dive in and pay it beforehand. If not he will pay it and bob's your uncle. it may even be the final term for the sale from the buyers end.

Pay the HMRC debt and then you're home and dry Mr Martin.

Who knows but fingers crossed for 3 points on Saturday and some positive noise leading up to the court date

Go well blues

Firstly, Cricko, I apologise for my sons (Medway Blue), astonishing disrespect for such an elder statesman as yourself. He is just as bad with me, so I can only put it down to age. Ours not his.
Now, out on a limb. I heard a rumour yesterday, the source of which I cannot under any circumstances reveal. It goes like this.
The upcoming new owners and here, it came across that there are two or two groups of them, are buying the “whole lot”, meaning RH and the land where the new stadium is supposed to be built. They will split themselves into two, or two groups and one will be responsible for SUFC and RH, whilst the other is responsible for building the new stadium, with the larger capacity or more, detached from any housing but with a hotel at one corner. Permission for regular live concert use will be sought and some sort of tie up with Southend Airport to handle incoming flights and passengers for major events.
I will not reveal my source, so don’t bother asking and although they have ties, I couldn’t say whether I believe the info. Only that I hope they are right.
Also, I haven’t even told this one to Medway Blue and he’s going to thump me for that.
A couple of things come to mind whilst eating my porridge this morning. Thé first one concerns the possible new stadium at FF. With plans for a concert venue and hôtel. It may be mistaken to believe that we would be delivered a souless bowl. I'm no expert but I presume It would have to be designed with an eye on acoustics (good sound atmosphere for football?) and minimising the sound inconvenience to the surrounding housing. WE could, just, end up with something rather nice. Secondly, is it possible, following the vilification of Martin, that we could end up with a deal which is good for him and good for the club??? His biggest sin would then be that he didn't do It five years ago. OK, snap out of It, how many days until our next court appearance?

It's so odd to me that a man that wants out, doesn't want to spend any money, has a buyer, but delays it so much that he then has to pay the amount he's not been wanting pay this whole entire time. His logic is as scuffed as his hair.

Well, there is definitely going to be a tie up between us and Southend Airport, I know that. We were supposed to do our kit launch with the airport, I’m not sure why that didn’t happen in the end.

The Airport put out a dreadful good luck video to us ahead of the Oldham game, which came off the back of the amount of stick they got for the video ahead of West Ham’s conference final.

But, moving forward, and potentially it’s to do with new ownership or might be something our commercial department are doing, but don’t be surprised to see this part of that “rumour” become a reality.
Nobody has asked me to do a fly past yet!
COYB, UTB

This is such a realistic assessment, 💯 % this, it's been his approach to the whole sale/investment process, he ain't going to do anything different now!

Sorry to bring the tone down but I feel like all there's been is new rumours that sounds promising for literally months now. I'm so done and sick of this crap to be honest, it's literally like dying a slow painful death. Football is meant to be an escape for some people, for us it's everything but.
Fully agree, last 3 to 4 months have been bloody hell. Let’s hope we don’t suffer much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back