• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Sargent Bill goslin well behave or he would take in a shop door way And you didn't forget it
Off topic but worth mentioning. Early 70's around a couple of 100 of us at top of High St ( where the pedestrian precinct is now) usually after most home games. When an OB car arrived & Bill got out, no one stayed around!.
There were several tales that he drove 'offenders' down to Two Tree Island in Leigh, stopped at Leigh Station, made them remove their D.M's & left them by the bridge. Carried on to the Island, got them out of the car & made them walk back to the station barefoot to collect their D.M'S!.
If that happened today, he'd be sacked within days!. However we all respected him, something the scroats of today don't have for any policeman.

The Mrs has set this out for Ron in hopes it helps from his birthday chart

Your weaknesses can be a sense of the know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending and expecting the worst. The ruling planet of Capricorn is Saturn. Saturn is a planet of commitment and responsibility, but also restriction and delay.

If you are born in 1953, according to Chinese Zodiac, you were born in the Year of the Serpent. The snake can be overly suspicious, which makes them a bit paranoid. And suggests you have a very stubborn spirit, which makes you more persistent and less responsive to change than any other Capricorn

People born on January 17th are aggressive, and impulsive, especially when they feel that you are not in control again. Always try to forgive those who hurt you because of your inability to meet your standard. You have to accept defeat and learn from your defeat.

You have some positive traits, but you also have many weak points. Some of your weak points include the tendency to become a workaholic. Those born on January 17th are very narrow-minded and unnecessarily harsh on those who do not meet high standards. They are often driven by ego and do not change quickly. You often do not find a standard relationship with people, especially when you are in a team; It is somehow difficult for you to find a common language with them because of your firm and uncompromising character.

You love money, but it's not the only thing driving your interest in a career. Also, you are always on the lookout for a job that pays you in proportion to the work you put in. You often stick to your views and opinions in your business

What is Capricorn weak at?

Capricorn's weaknesses include pessimism, greed, and pride. Their stubbornness is also legendary! By acknowledging their weaknesses, Capricorn can take the first step in overcoming them once and for all.

• Capricorns struggle with their inner ambitions. They work all the time, rarely take a moment to appreciate their own success, and are afraid of failure.
  • Reserved Capricorns can come off as overly serious. They may also seem bossy and even condescending to other people.
  • Capricorn can overcome their weaknesses by appreciating their achievements more and loosening up, prioritizing relationships (and fun) over work and money.
insistence on trying to control life down to the smallest detail is ironically what can derail their grand plans.12 Jun 2023

Capricorn is the Goat sign

Firstly, Cricko, I apologise for my sons (Medway Blue), astonishing disrespect for such an elder statesman as yourself. He is just as bad with me, so I can only put it down to age. Ours not his.
Now, out on a limb. I heard a rumour yesterday, the source of which I cannot under any circumstances reveal. It goes like this.
The upcoming new owners and here, it came across that there are two or two groups of them, are buying the “whole lot”, meaning RH and the land where the new stadium is supposed to be built. They will split themselves into two, or two groups and one will be responsible for SUFC and RH, whilst the other is responsible for building the new stadium, with the larger capacity or more, detached from any housing but with a hotel at one corner. Permission for regular live concert use will be sought and some sort of tie up with Southend Airport to handle incoming flights and passengers for major events.
I will not reveal my source, so don’t bother asking and although they have ties, I couldn’t say whether I believe the info. Only that I hope they are right.
Also, I haven’t even told this one to Medway Blue and he’s going to thump me for that.

Off topic but worth mentioning. Early 70's around a couple of 100 of us at top of High St ( where the pedestrian precinct is now) usually after most home games. When an OB car arrived & Bill got out, no one stayed around!.
There were several tales that he drove 'offenders' down to Two Tree Island in Leigh, stopped at Leigh Station, made them remove their D.M's & left them by the bridge. Carried on to the Island, got them out of the car & made them walk back to the station barefoot to collect their D.M'S!.
If that happened today, he'd be sacked within days!. However we all respected him, something the scroats of today don't have for any policeman.
I've told my tale of Sarge Bill Gosling on here in full T, but short version he tripped me up outside the Kursaal, and did a body slam on top of me that took the wind right out of me, as completely unexpected. He then put me in his little light blue Anglia like these

He asked where I was from, I said Leigh. He took me to Shoebury, and confiscated my shoelaces from my Doc Matrtens. He told me to walk home now, and go along the seafront, beach side all the way to Chalkwell, and no jumping on a bus or train as he would be driving up and down the seafront checking on me and others on that Bank Holiday Monday. The no bootlace thing was a punishment added as well as the long walk, as I found out, as the loose boots made me get blisters. Another time he gave me a clip around the ear, which was actually a full force slap on the side of the head. He was massive, so that was quite an experience as well, Lol. But what a result, as the worse thing was coppers giving you a caution at the police station, and then taking you to your parents telling them what you've been up to. I preferred Bill's punishments. No way would that be allowed nowadays.

I've told my tale of Sarge Bill Gosling on here in full T, but short version he tripped me up outside the Kursaal, and did a body slam on top of me that took the wind right out of me, as completely unexpected. He then put me in his little light blue Anglia like these

He asked where I was from, I said Leigh. He took me to Shoebury, and confiscated my shoelaces from my Doc Matrtens. He told me to walk home now, and go along the seafront, beach side all the way to Chalkwell, and no jumping on a bus or train as he would be driving up and down the seafront checking on me and others on that Bank Holiday Monday. The no bootlace thing was a punishment added as well as the long walk, as I found out, as the loose boots made me get blisters. Another time he gave me a clip around the ear, which was actually a full force slap on the side of the head. He was massive, so that was quite an experience as well, Lol. But what a result, as the worse thing was coppers giving you a caution at the police station, and then taking you to your parents telling them what you've been up to. I preferred Bill's punishments. No way would that be allowed nowadays.
Shame. Might sort a few of these little hoolies out a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back