• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should run yourself through the clubs accounts that are available without charge on companies house. 2019/2020/2021

Then being better informed will enable you to improve your understanding of the business side of the club,

But if you want to just rubbish me and everything i say help yourself
- really I dont mind at all.

If you have any comments on the accounts and the actual figures it would be great to hear them ... it might help us all to understand more .

thank you.
It's rich that you saying this sentence, yet you refuse to listen to people providing you with facts and blatantly rubbishing them.

I've done this before, the response I got back was:

"ok - you are obviously an expert with years of commercial experience .."

Which seemed a bit hypocritical to me given you don't seem to have any experience yourself. I'm not claiming to be the person with that experience (nor would I want to be) but there needs to be someone like that if fan ownership is remotely viable. No one is going to invest tens of thousands into a plan that has good intentions but no real business plan.

i dont think anyone has actually corrected me - just spouted some rubbish like
"you talk bollox" and not actually engaged with some actual real figures ..

everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to insult me but not one singloe person has actually said anything interesting or relevant about the publically available accounts ...

perhaps you are all content with that level of debate - ??

everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is entitled to insult me but not one singloe person has actually said anything interesting or relevant about the publically available accounts ...

You can't really complain about the quality of debate. I seem to recall an exchange some while ago where you talked about the fans taking over ownership, but couldn't explain how you would raise funds to cover anything after the first fortnight. It doesn't make you seem very credible.

I've seen several posts explain in clear terms mistakes you've made in reading the accounts (e.g. when you thought the £125k monthly shortfall was the same as operating costs).

mate there is no appropriate company or other organisation formed ... if there was I would.

I expect many other fans would as well.

We need a properly constituted legally sound organistion - where the money will be safe and used for the correct purposes.

I really don't think it would be a good idea for everyone to just send their money to me .. or to you - or to Wiggy or to anyone else.
Right I will start it off then,
I will put the first £10k into my Western Money Union account, I will give the bank details by PM for anyone who wants them,

When Ive got enough I will let you all know by post,

In the meantime you can contact me at my address in Brazil,
thanks

I think you should run yourself through the clubs accounts that are available without charge on companies house. 2019/2020/2021

Then being better informed will enable you to improve your understanding of the business side of the club,

But if you want to just rubbish me and everything i say help yourself
- really I dont mind at all.

If you have any comments on the accounts and the actual figures it would be great to hear them ... it might help us all to understand more .

thank you.
Black
Kettle
Pot

Re-arrange!

I'll ask direct then with no prejudice.

Other than accessing free to view accounts on Companies House what other experience do you have with acquisitions, running a company, turning a loss making company into a profit making company etc?

There is an adult conversation to be had about fan ownership with fans with commercial, business, legal and accountancy skills but it’s not on here. This is a great forum for banter, rumour and sounding off and protest groups. There is only one group with any kind of structure to move the idea forward and hopefully they are. I’m not on the executive of that group and never have been or will be, I’ve never been to a meeting even, but any fan of the club should be a member of the Trust right now. I guess we could get sold to some guys from the other side of the world in the next few days but every avenue needs exploring until something happens.

You sure about that? All of these are replies to posts of yours:

They aren't bad, but you can't look at just one side of a business. You have to look at expenditure as well. Without that you can't say if the revenue is good enough.

Again, on the face of it you might be right, but without looking at costs you simply don't know. The debt to RM is irrelevant because it doesn't cost SUFC anything. It's not a cost because we're not paying it back and not paying interest.

Yes it is. It might be that new owners could turn that around. I would certainly hope so, but at the moment the business isn't anywhere near profitable.

Really? Do you realise how arrogant that is? The club can be made sustainable, but it simply isn't in its current form. Again, you're falling into the trap you always fall into. You think the only number that means anything is revenue. That simply isn't that case.

Now, there's something we agree on!

Not all expenditure can be controlled. Utilities for example don't change just because we've moved divisions. Nor do steward costs, security costs. Moreover, they don't change, but the revenue has come down quite substantially.

Revenue came down far more.

That's partly true. The issue is getting the club on a sound financial footing, which it currently isn't. The further issue is the amount of money needed to do so, especially as that could take a number of years, and a new stadium/renovated RH. A lot of investment is needed to get it to that state.

There is an adult conversation to be had about fan ownership with fans with commercial, business, legal and accountancy skills but it’s not on here. This is a great forum for banter, rumour and sounding off and protest groups. There is only one group with any kind of structure to move the idea forward and hopefully they are. I’m not on the executive of that group and never have been or will be, I’ve never been to a meeting even, but any fan of the club should be a member of the Trust right now. I guess we could get sold to some guys from the other side of the world in the next few days but every avenue needs exploring until something happens.
I cannot begin to overstate how important this is. If the Trust are doing something then they're going to need input from fans, legal fees (paid for by membership fees) and numbers to demonstrate power.

You can join as a 12 month membership here https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/product/member/

or as a life member here https://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/product/member-life/

Been busy today, any murmurings worthy of note? Some seem chipper this evening or is that the drug like, all-consuming nature of this protracted saga?

This is a really good post.

The longest standing fan-owned club that I'm aware of is Exeter City, who have owned their club for around 20 years.

Another interesting one would be Pompey. They raised a huge sum under a Community Share Offer to buy their club, but didn't retain ownership for that long. I suspect the financial realities were pretty difficult to manage.

I'm sure the Shrimpers Trust is well aware of all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back