• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure why Rayleigh Boy gets such a rough time on here. Haven’t other clubs successfully been taken over by fan groups?

Mind you, a few surprising things have come out from all this. The other was how quickly the notion of a Phoenix club was dismissed by many here.

I guess if we all had the same views life would be boring!
I think it's because he frequently quotes incorrect or misunderstood figures as proof it's doable and can be done on the cheap. When the basics aren't being understood it's hard to have confidence that even if the funds were raised it would be spent well and wouldn't just land us in further trouble down the road.

If there was someone with a good head for business that understood what it takes to run a club and had a realistic idea of how many millions it would take spearheading the movement then I could see it gaining some momentum but that person so far hasn't come forwards.

If there was someone with a good head for business that understood what it takes to run a club and had a realistic idea of how many millions it would take spearheading the movement then I could see it gaining some momentum but that person so far hasn't come forwards.

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, I give your very own, the one and only………..

Ron Martin! :Hilarious:

I think it's because he frequently quotes incorrect or misunderstood figures as proof it's doable and can be done on the cheap. When the basics aren't being understood it's hard to have confidence that even if the funds were raised it would be spent well and wouldn't just land us in further trouble down the road.

Yep. Cometh the hour cometh the man (or woman). Not yet it seems though. For all the pitfalls I’m a fan of the idea. Particularly playing in the stadium the fans built all those years ago. The Premier League being a global business is one thing when football from top down to non league becomes a global plaything the sport has lost its soul.

mate there is no appropriate company or other organisation formed ... if there was I would.

I expect many other fans would as well.

We need a properly constituted legally sound organistion - where the money will be safe and used for the correct purposes.

I really don't think it would be a good idea for everyone to just send their money to me .. or to you - or to Wiggy or to anyone else.
You've got a Supporters Trust, haven't you? if it is anything like ours it :

• is a legally registered charity
  • is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • publishes annual, audited accounts
  • holds annual elections
  • has published aims and objectives

Having looked at their website, they have a structure that specifically provides for fundraising (ours doesn't), so you could take your ideas to them, couldn't you?

You've got a Supporters Trust, haven't you? if it is anything like ours it :

• is a legally registered charity
  • is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • publishes annual, audited accounts
  • holds annual elections
  • has published aims and objectives

Having looked at their website, they have a structure that specifically provides for fundraising (ours doesn't), so you could take your ideas to them, couldn't you?
They’re on it. I think.

ground share........where? Daggers would probably be the closest locally and what we would require in terms of capacity, parking, public transport etc. but still not ideal
Brighton managed it at Gillingham which is like what 50 miles away and then at the Withdean which had bugger all parking. I'm sure we could manage, we cannot manage under Ron that much is becoming abundantly clear

I think you should run yourself through the clubs accounts that are available without charge on companies house. 2019/2020/2021

Then being better informed will enable you to improve your understanding of the business side of the club,

But if you want to just rubbish me and everything i say help yourself
- really I dont mind at all.

If you have any comments on the accounts and the actual figures it would be great to hear them ... it might help us all to understand more .

thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: JD
If you have any comments on the accounts and the actual figures it would be great to hear them ... it might help us all to understand more .
I've done this before, the response I got back was:

"ok - you are obviously an expert with years of commercial experience .."

Which seemed a bit hypocritical to me given you don't seem to have any experience yourself. I'm not claiming to be the person with that experience (nor would I want to be) but there needs to be someone like that if fan ownership is remotely viable. No one is going to invest tens of thousands into a plan that has good intentions but no real business plan.

I think you should run yourself through the clubs accounts that are available without charge on companies house. 2019/2020/2021

Then being better informed will enable you to improve your understanding of the business side of the club,

But if you want to just rubbish me and everything i say help yourself
- really I dont mind at all.

thank you.
We can see that, given people have corrected you umpteen times and you ignore it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back