• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Ron be wedded to building a stadium at Fossets ? Where’s the money in that compared to more residential ?
To a certain extent it is his lifetimes work. Everything over the last 20 years has been building up to this. His ego won't let him walk away with just a housing estate and a few bob. He probably thinks he can build this stadium, sell it on to the new group and be seen as 'Uncle Ron', the man that helped deliver Southend United a sustainable future. In his head he gets given a lifetime box at the new stadium and the key to the City.

He's utterly delusional.

@Smithy I can’t really say anything out of respect for my source i’m afraid.

However, they are NOT anything to do with group 1 and 2 though.

In answer to your other question, yes, they are still in the running.
FB - can you say why it’s taken them so long? It seems offers to buy the club have been made long ago - so for investment only it seems strange it’s taken so long

Thanks mate, appreciate the conf.

So, there are at least THREE groups in the running then. There could be others that we aren't yet aware of.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/page-1077#post-2653748.

Group 3 Very little info available, but a genuine bidder according to @ForeverBlue.
I’ve been trying hard to follow. Are Group 1 the half a dozen local businessmen consortium ? You’ve called them Kimura but I thought they were out of it weeks ago. The disputed insufficient funds issue.

I’ve been trying hard to follow. Are Group 1 the half a dozen local businessmen consortium ? You’ve called them Kimura but I thought they were out of it weeks ago. The disputed insufficient funds issue.
Group 1 is them yes. I believe Kimura are out as themselves alone, but may still be involved as part of a new larger "group" of individuals/businesses.

You put the first £10k down then

mate there is no appropriate company or other organisation formed ... if there was I would.

I expect many other fans would as well.

We need a properly constituted legally sound organistion - where the money will be safe and used for the correct purposes.

I really don't think it would be a good idea for everyone to just send their money to me .. or to you - or to Wiggy or to anyone else.

mate there is no appropriate company or other organisation formed ... if there was I would.

We need a properly constituted legally sound organistion - where the money will be safe and used for the correct purposes.

I really don't think it would be a good idea for everyone to just send their money to me .. or to you - or to Wiggy or to anyone else.
Knock yourself out then

@Fitz can you send the Trust bank details to Rayleigh boy so he can donate £10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back