• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Rigsby pointed out he published terms for the sale, but even as he stood on his lawn the day before staing those very terms, he said sale or investment as he has said every single time. Including his original announcement. We perhaps hear what we want to hear.

He clearly has a preferred route. His modus operandi is to deal with that preferred route (or that closest to it) whilst not wanting to lose other less preferred options. This actually is perfectly normal. BUT his way of doing that is to delay, be elusive, generally completely unresponsive, to ignore. He, it seems, lacks the finesse to manage the process of keeping other interested parties on the back burner in a clever and professional way. All be it challenging given how long this has been going on for. Further, I accept its very likely that his negotiating technique is also flawed even with those he wants to do business with- perhaps just less so..

I've just been upgraded to business for the flight back to HK. I'm expecting to hear positive sale news on arrival. (It's a 3 month flight!)

Ron wants to sell.

He however wants the stadium at Fossetts to be built. This is his legacy and the key to getting his pot of gold.

Kimura and now their consortium have soured on the Fossetts plans so Ron is looking more favourably at other options. This is less about retaining control of the club and more about Fossetts.

He is going to favour the bid that will see Fossetts built.

If the consortium want to get back in favour they need to incorporate Fossetts in their plans. Until then the Aussies will be the favoured party.

Is there anyway we could do a "Brighton"?

They had an unscrupulous chairman right out of the Book of Ron who sold the Goldstone ground from underneath them and kept the profits and just fobbed the club off an left them homeless. Sure its far far from ideal but is there a way we can just take the club back, ground share and eventually find a new owner , like Brighton did in Dick Knight and then Tony Bloom and at least have a side to support.

Depends what they're investing in. Is the main component of a deal that they invest in one or several of RM's companies in order to inject some capital into the Fossett's plans, and taking a controlling share in SUFC is a side component?
Of course they could be both investor and buyer. Investor in FF/RH projects for a return, buyer of the club.

I think the Aussies are sports fans and interested in the club in its own right? However, they also allegedly have a business interests in finance, so maybe two opportunities collide to both parties benefit..

Putting that to one side we surely know Ron well enough to know that he will be focussed on keeping FF/RH developments alive if at all possible. Just because MP(s) or others tell him to separate the two doesn't mean he, all of a sudden, has started taking advise...

If one option does that and the other doesn't then that is likely to define who he wants to do business with..(as to the best option for us, its impossible to say regrettably as we don't know who either party is for sure, what they bring, what their vision is etc..inserting the word "local" for example doesn't automatically make something preferable).

Is there anyway we could do a "Brighton"?

They had an unscrupulous chairman right out of the Book of Ron who sold the Goldstone ground from underneath them and kept the profits and just fobbed the club off an left them homeless. Sure its far far from ideal but is there a way we can just take the club back, ground share and eventually find a new owner , like Brighton did in Dick Knight and then Tony Bloom and at least have a side to support.
ground share........where? Daggers would probably be the closest locally and what we would require in terms of capacity, parking, public transport etc. but still not ideal

Of course they could be both investor and buyer. Investor in FF/RH projects for a return, buyer of the club.

I think the Aussies are sports fans and interested in the club in its own right? However, they also allegedly have a business interests in finance, so maybe two opportunities collide to both parties benefit..

Putting that to one side we surely know Ron well enough to know that he will be focussed on keeping FF/RH developments alive if at all possible. Just because MP(s) or others tell him to separate the two doesn't mean he, all of a sudden, has started taking advise...

If one option does that and the other doesn't then that is likely to define who he wants to do business with..(as to the best option for us, its impossible to say regrettably as we don't know who either party is for sure, what they bring, what their vision is etc..inserting the word "local" for example doesn't automatically make something preferable).
I think the hope was/is that Ron would cut his losses, take a cash payout and give up on FF/RH for a bit of peace, quiet and security in his older years. It’s clear this wasn’t ever the plan. Keeping FF just to build houses on clearly wasn’t either. He’s hanging on ..

ground share........where? Daggers would probably be the closest locally and what we would require in terms of capacity, parking, public transport etc. but still not ideal
No, but Brighton had to ground-share with Gillingham for a couple of years.

This, I believe is where we are. In simple terms.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post above.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are they still in the running? are they part of Group 1 or 2? or are they a standalone? Not sure is the genuine answer, on where this group is right now.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!
@Smithy I can’t really say anything out of respect for my source i’m afraid.

However, they are NOT anything to do with group 1 and 2 though.

In answer to your other question, yes, they are still in the running.

Ron’s bargaining power is diminishing by the day. Why don’t he take what he can get for the whole package . It would make him seriously rich, but how much money is enough.
Court date is looming fast and he may lose everything. Think if he is planning to apply for a further adjournment it will be extremely unlikely to be granted.
The court’s now known he has lied to them in the past.
God knows what is coming our way. The man is totally delusional in what is achievable. Take the money now Ron and get out of our club, before it’s too late.

Just a thought but maybe the reluctance to do a deal with any group associated with Pinto is because the agency that were initially managing the sale 'GSW' would then be entitled to a fairly hefty consultancy fee for brokering the sale ? If he could sell to a group that has come about via other means then this would be favourable for RM.

@Smithy I can’t really say anything out of respect for my source i’m afraid.

However, they are NOT anything to do with group 1 and 2 though.

In answer to your other question, yes, they are still in the running.
Thanks mate, appreciate the conf.

So, there are at least THREE groups in the running then. There could be others that we aren't yet aware of.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Others/Locals) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/sufc-up-for-sale.114430/page-1077#post-2653748.

Group 3 Very little info available, but a genuine bidder according to @ForeverBlue.

Why would Ron be wedded to building a stadium at Fossets ? Where’s the money in that compared to more residential ?
All of the current planning (what's approved and amendments) is on the basis of a new stadium for the club being the enabling project. Putting aside the time element of revisiting planning all over again, it is a risk. Who is to say FF would get planning for residential only? How many years has it taken to get the planning approval he's got? And the revisions currently are a delegated decision....Just painting it from his point of view perhaps..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back