• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If an "investment" scenario happens, I think it will result in significant majority control of the club being handed over to investors. RM might retain a small % of shares but likely step down as Chairman and have no say in running the club day to day, or responsibility to fund it.

A future revenue deal to be done over Fossetts with new majority owners buying RH and training ground for now or being able to play in them rent free, but free to make some enhancements.

That's all just me piecing various things together but could be wide of the mark.
This, I believe is where we are. In simple terms.

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Locals/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 2 (London based Aussie firm?) as per Medway's excellent post above.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are they still in the running? are they part of Group 1 or 2? or are they a standalone? Not sure is the genuine answer, on where this group is right now.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

Group 3 (@ForeverBlue contact) Are they still in the running? are they part of Group 1 or 2? or are they a standalone? Not sure is the genuine answer, on where this group is right now.

Taking everything I/we have heard and read into account in recent weeks, In my opinion I think Group 2 are the frontrunners right now. Whatever their offer is, it appears more interesting and acceptable to Ron. Whether or not it is acceptable to us as fans, I guess we will have to wait and see if/when a deal is announced. But, there seems to be a bit more positive noise on where this groups offer is along the road, compared to the others.

Let's hope something positive happens ahead of the court date and that the Eastleigh game (25th) is party time!
Worth asking if @rigsby is referring to a party that fits in Group 1 or 2 above, part of/same as @ForeverBlue or also standalone.

We can all agree, based in the evidence we have, that RM prefers investment to a sale. His big problem is that he has people who want to buy but he can’t seem to attract investors who trust him or want to work with him. He’s been trying to secure investment for some time now with little success, no doubt for much longer than the club has been officially “for sale”. The closer this gets to the wire, buyers may sense their position strengthening and Ron may feel he has no other option. Potential investors will of course also be waiting for Ron to be more flexible the closer we get to the 23rd. Just as Ron always seems to go cold on buyers when a deal seems close, investors will do the same to Ron to squeeze more favourable terms. In terms of the football club it’s very high risk. I feel like a hurried sale might still happen but it’s also a real possibility that Ron leaves it all too late. It wouldn’t be his intention but he is capable of making mistakes.

Anybody know when the planning meeting to discuss the FF plans is due? I just cannot see how anybody would invest money into a loss making club with no planning permission on FF yet apart from the old one.

He has already taken on huge debts at FF through borrowings and has several partners in that project already who have stumped up cash for him on a wing and a prayer.
This is the thing. The ‘pot of gold’ everyone’s referring to is currently a field and a run down stadium plus the training ground. He’s selling a possibility, or seemingly asking for more investment into one. It looks like he’s determined FF will be his legacy. He’s one stubborn man that’s for sure.

We can all agree, based in the evidence we have, that RM prefers investment to a sale. His big problem is that he has people who want to buy but he can’t seem to attract investors who trust him or want to work with him. He’s been trying to secure investment for some time now with little success, no doubt for much longer than the club has been officially “for sale”. The closer this gets to the wire, buyers may sense their position strengthening and Ron may feel he has no other option. Potential investors will of course also be waiting for Ron to be more flexible the closer we get to the 23rd. Just as Ron always seems to go goes cold on buyers when a deal seems close, investors will do the same to Ron to squeeze more favourable terms. I feel like a hurried sale might still happen but it’s a real possibility that Ron leaves it all too late. It wouldn’t be his intention but he is capable of making mistakes.
Again we haven't even defined what we mean to investment as opposed to a sale...many use the word investor and then go on to describe something that sounds very much like a sale.

Investment would be injecting funds whilst not taking a controlling interest. Ron might like that but I don't think that investor exists???

This is the thing. The ‘pot of gold’ everyone’s referring to is currently a field and a run down stadium plus the training ground. He’s selling a possibility, or seemingly asking for more investment into one. It looks like he’s determined FF will be his legacy. He’s one stubborn man that’s for sure.
No! He's "selling a ****ing opportunity, you idiot".

Literally; at the point of the end of my tether! To the people who choose to want to “not believe” or “don’t want cryptic posts” not an issue!

But today and for the past 72 hours; for a FACT! RM has ignored or played silly buggers time and time again!

I’ve sent evidence to usual suspects! But I hope soon to just post it publicly! As it’s getting stupid.
If my 70+ year old parents behaved in such a way, I'd be worried about them being able to manage their own affairs...let alone running a football club

Again we haven't even defined what we mean to investment as opposed to a sale...many use the word investor and then go on to describe something that sounds very much like a sale.

Investment would be injecting funds whilst not taking a controlling interest. Ron might like that but I don't think that investor exists???
Depends what they're investing in. Is the main component of a deal that they invest in one or several of RM's companies in order to inject some capital into the Fossett's plans, and taking a controlling share in SUFC is a side component?

Group 1 (Pinto/Kimura/Others) are doing everything in their collective powers to strike a deal. Ron doesn't appear to be engaging, messing them around and/or want to do a deal with them at this stage.

With regards to Group 1, do we know if they've offered anything close to Ron's asking price? If they haven't, I wouldn't blame Ron for not responding until they do.

Also, regarding the term Investors; they're all investors. The difference is:
- 100% new owners
Looking for return on investment in medium-long term (hopefully not short term)

- Over 50%
Effectively a takeover (almost certainly new chairman/management)

- 50% or less
Partnering with Ron for a slice of the pie (not necessarily a change of chariman/management).

We don’t really know anything about any of the offers but some people seem to be passionately wedded to Group 1. Any reason do you know ? I guess the local connection is attractive. Maybe those pushing for that group are their mates.

We don’t really know anything about any of the offers but some people seem to be passionately wedded to Group 1. Any reason do you know ? I guess the local connection is attractive. Maybe those pushing for that group are their mates.
Don’t think most people care at this point just get the one that is most far gone done. Cant get any worse than that prick

I agree. Ron’s search for the perfect investor is what is dragging this out. Dangerously so

I don't mind whoever takes over, as long as the club is run properly and Ron is no longer in control as chairman
I get your sentiments, but I would want someone taking over who is sound not just some anybody (things may not be worse but could be the same if the wrong person comes in) and I want Ron out I dont even want him having a small single figure % of ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back