• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally; at the point of the end of my tether! To the people who choose to want to “not believe” or “don’t want cryptic posts” not an issue!

But today and for the past 72 hours; for a FACT! RM has ignored or played silly buggers time and time again!

I’ve sent evidence to usual suspects! But I hope soon to just post it publicly! As it’s getting stupid.
Maybe it's time.

Sent it to @BoyWonder2 @shrimperjon @Cricko @Medway Blue @Lord Football if they choose to
Comment that’s down to them!
Wholly unsurprising when it comes to Ron Martin.

I'm still not subscribing to the theory that he doesn't want out. I would say that the way he is behaving towards Pinto and Co. at the moment suggests that he has another arrangement lined up which he prefers as things stand.

Why is it ok for this information to be shared with a select few if it’s not ok to share with all? I understand there’s a difference between a PM and a public post but how are you deciding who is worthy of the information and who isn’t?

Wholly unsurprising when it comes to Ron Martin.

I'm still not subscribing to the theory that he doesn't want out. I would say that the way he is behaving towards Pinto and Co. at the moment suggests that he has another arrangement lined up which he prefers as things stand.
My view also, trying to complete an investment option and utilising the time before court to pull it of. Brinkmanship of the most dangerous kind as Consortium could just walk!

Seems like Ron's in no hurry to sell, how frustrating for the Kev Maher and his coaching staff having to put up with this, stuffed under this embargo especially after thrashing Oldham and our stocks are high so to speak. Easier to grab better players when youre doing well, surely. Cmon Ron, this is painful

why not ..... the figures are very generalised but there has to be some substance there
Accounts published publicly can be made to look very differently to reality, legally. Of course some of it will be based off substance but it's very easy to twist numbers from one year to the next.

I have thought for a long time now that Ron doesn’t want to sell, he wants the club wound up, he can then build his flats on the site of roots hall, and fossets farm. when he put the club up for sale, he didn’t anticipate the reaction from the fans, the media, the MP and certainly didn’t anticipate a hardship fund or the players and back room staff staying around when not getting paid. Basically he misread the room and the loyalty to the club that 1000’s of people have. He has been thwarted at every turn, he doesn’t like it so behaves like a petulant child. I just hope this charade of his ends soon so we can get back to being the club that we all deserve

I have thought for a long time now that Ron doesn’t want to sell, he wants the club wound up, he can then build his flats on the site of roots hall, and fossets farm. when he put the club up for sale, he didn’t anticipate the reaction from the fans, the media, the MP and certainly didn’t anticipate a hardship fund or the players and back room staff staying around when not getting paid. Basically he misread the room and the loyalty to the club that 1000’s of people have. He has been thwarted at every turn, he doesn’t like it so behaves like a petulant child. I just hope this charade of his ends soon so we can get back to being the club that we all deserve
If this charade does continue for much longer there may well be no club left

This does my head in, we have Riggers saying should be good news this week or next and Crate saying the exact opposite. Ron isn't engaging with anyone.

Which is it, is he engaging with buyers or isn't he. In which case he obviously doesn't want to sell.

Won’t lie, in the last 20 minutes, my head has fallen off purely based on facts! Not for any other reason than, people want to save us and take us forward! But one person doesn’t care!
I suppose we just have to hope they are still there at the 11th hour when he hasn't got what he hopes for.

This does my head in, we have Riggers saying should be good news this week or next and Crate saying the exact opposite. Ron isn't engaging with anyone.

Which is it, is he engaging with buyers or isn't he. In which case he obviously doesn't want to sell.
Crate did say he didn’t think him and riggers were talking about the same Aussies from memory

As Medway said there is more likelihood that Ron is looking for investment. That may well be the case but what security that offers the club long term is questionable and also what involvement would Ron still have if that was the case. The consortium is a buyout/takeover and Ron would be gone. Clearly this is the issue. But all the time this rumbles on we continue to support the team in our 1000s, have a team and management to be proud of and who deserve better. We all do

As Medway said there is more likelihood that Ron is looking for investment. That may well be the case but what security that offers the club long term is questionable and also what involvement would Ron still have if that was the case. The consortium is a buyout/takeover and Ron would be gone. Clearly this is the issue. But all the time this rumbles on we continue to support the team in our 1000s, have a team and management to be proud of and who deserve better. We all do
If an "investment" scenario happens, I think it will result in significant majority control of the club being handed over to investors. RM might retain a small % of shares but likely step down as Chairman and have no say in running the club day to day, or responsibility to fund it.

A future revenue deal to be done over Fossetts with new majority owners buying RH and training ground for now or being able to play in them rent free, but free to make some enhancements.

That's all just me piecing various things together but could be wide of the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back