• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's becoming quite clear that potential Buyers have never been the preferred option, but holding out for Investment (and best Investment terns) as being the way forward, even if this detrimental to the football club.

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been at hospital all day for the safe arrival of baby boy number 2. Just got home.

RM is being RM. But the impression I get is, for whatever reason, RM isn’t going to sell to Kimura/Kimura consortium. No idea why that is the case, but despite what RM & Anna Firth said, Kimura have provided proof of funds three times, and all three had been accepted. Kimura had/have the money to completely buy the Club. They are part of the magnificent 7, that @CRATE has links and is provided with correct information.

@rigsby is talking about another group, and I’m led to believe that’s the Australians. The impression I get, is that they’ll invest, and buy RM out of his controlling stake, and replace him as chairman, but he’ll retain a small % stake of shares and POSSIBLY be involved in FF going ahead, and our future laying there.

The magnificent 7 would remove us completely of RM. He wouldn’t be in the picture. I believe they tried to buy “everything” and I believe they’ve tried to buy “RM’s deal be put on the website”. Bids have been ignored, correspondence has been ignored and so on.

There are a few other rumours knocking around, but I’ll stay clear of those for know.

I believe the Australians are further down the line, and this ties in with what @rigsby is hinting at, and also what @Smiffy has hinted at of the post RM party. Whilst he wouldn’t be completely gone, he wouldn’t retain anything on the football side of things. I know that won’t please everyone, but it’s a start, which hopefully leads to the complete removal of RM further down the line.

As for @CRATE breaking his own NDA/verbal agreement with Pinto and co, he shouldn’t have to. Just like anyone who is providing information on here shouldn’t break the trust of their sources. Some choose to share/proof their findings to some, I’m sure there are others who just realise snippets and so forth. If he did post all his proof, share all the messages and whatever else he has, he’d break the trust he has, and not have that information again moving forward. I know some don’t like cryptic posts, or the snippets or half stories some people let out, but if people broke the trust of their sources, we’d always be waiting for the Club/Echo to break stories, and that isn’t the best way around either.
thanks for that - I think we already knew that 2 of the '7' were Simon Jackson and Kriss Tremaine.
I've now got something easier to explain to my 14 yr old when he asks 'what's the latest?'

My honest opinion is, and this is an opinion based on what I know to be fact on the behaviour and ongoings of certain people.

RM does not want to fully sell the club (deep down). He understands there is still a rainbow end pot sized of gold to achieve if he brings in the right partners.

Does he realistically need the £5-7M he would walk away with in the terms he has stated or would he go long game against RH and FF. I don’t have a clue as I don’t know the bloke!

But he’s had the opportunity to sell, engage with buyers and more but doesn’t.

But from others, @rigsby for instance is confident in this other group of people, which if it’s based on what I’ve been told is RM taking investment.

Firstly, and most importantly, congratulations @BoyWonder2!

Now, and in an attempt to bring a little calm to those who are likely to get panicky the nearer we get to August 23rd, let's look again at the scenarios in play here, of which, as far as I can see, there are 4.

1) He sells completely
2) He gets outside investment
3) He soldiers on, and
4) He lets the club fold.

Taking number 4 first, he isn't going to do that so don't worry. If there was any inkling of that being in his plans he wouldn't have put £2m in a few months back, he would have just let the club go at that point. So whilst it's a possibility, IMO it won't happen.

Now, back to the top.

He clearly isn't going to sell completely at this stage. It doesn't really matter what we want him to do, he has his pot of gold, which is substantial, and it could be that the reason he doesn't want to sell is because any potential buyer that has surfaced so far has designs on achieving a return on their investment and also a slice of his pot of gold, i.e. they want some of what he's getting. He may not want to give that up as he has taken 25 years to get to this point. In any event, there is no current sale progressing, so we can put that one on the back burner.

We have a court deadline of 23rd August which may or may not get adjourned. However, the more important deadline is now for the National League as we will get at least a 10 point deduction if he doesn't clear all football creditors by then and everything else has to be paid up throughout the season on time to avoid a similar penalty, which will be immediately applied.

The only way to avoid that is to endure that enough money is raised to see us through the season.

If that isn't going to be raised by a sale, then that only leaves options 2 and 3. I am sure that many ITK's will agree that over the past 2-3 months, there have been occasions where Ron has appeared desperate. However, he isn't desperate at the moment, indicating that either outside investment is very close, or he has the money.

I would imagine he has gone down the outside investment route, I really don't think he wants to remain involved very long. But if he has the money, pays off the football creditors, gets the embargo lifted and we can continue as normal, then personally I will take that if it means we get back to watching the football on the pitch and being entertained.

That's the important bit for me.

Now, and in an attempt to bring a little calm to those who are likely to get panicky the nearer we get to August 23rd, let's look again at the scenarios in play here, of which, as far as I can see, there are 4.

1) He sells completely
3) He soldiers on, and

Taking number 4 first, he isn't going to do that so don't worry. If there was any inkling of that being in his plans he wouldn't have put £2m in a few months back, he would have just let the club go at that point. So whilst it's a possibility, IMO it won't happen.

Now, back to the top.

He clearly isn't going to sell completely at this stage. It doesn't really matter what we want him to do, he has his pot of gold, which is substantial, and it could be that the reason he doesn't want to sell is because any potential buyer that has surfaced so far has designs on achieving a return on their investment and also a slice of his pot of gold, i.e. they want some of what he's getting. He may not want to give that up as he has taken 25 years to get to this point. In any event, there is no current sale progressing, so we can put that one on the back burner.

We have a court deadline of 23rd August which may or may not get adjourned. However, the more important deadline is now for the National League as we will get at least a 10 point deduction if he doesn't clear all football creditors by then and everything else has to be paid up throughout the season on time to avoid a similar penalty, which will be immediately applied.

The only way to avoid that is to endure that enough money is raised to see us through the season.

If that isn't going to be raised by a sale, then that only leaves options 2 and 3. I am sure that many ITK's will agree that over the past 2-3 months, there have been occasions where Ron has appeared desperate. However, he isn't desperate at the moment, indicating that either outside investment is very close, or he has the money.

I would imagine he has gone down the outside investment route, I really don't think he wants to remain involved very long. But if he has the money, pays off the football creditors, gets the embargo lifted and we can continue as normal, then personally I will take that if it means we get back to watching the football on the pitch and being entertained.

The court deadline is what though, realistically, just another day in court for RM to stand there and say “we’ve got a buyer, we’re close” not pay the HMRC bill and take a 10 point deduction? That’s the only negative that is in place to date. RM goes to court explains EVERYTHING but HMRC is up to date, it’s next on the list and walks out with another adjournment.

The thought of RM still hanging around the club like a bad smell fills me with horror.

If he never intended to sell the club as he stated it would of been better to have said at the start in March "i am only looking for outside investment", not lead the fans and interested parties who have spent a lot of money on DD down the garden path and muck them and us all about with stupid statements and lies on his lawn saying differently.

I still don't see the court giving him yet another adjournment, he has to pay but he just lied to them about a sale as well and just used Kimura.

Last edited:
That is how i see it BW and congratulations on the birth of your son.

We have no proof though that these Aussies even exist, so who knows what game RM is upto now.
I have no proof that any of the groups exist, that's half the problem at the moment but let's hope they do exist.

In regards to this Pinto bloke, he had no luck when trying for Kimura so why use him again. I don't care how good he is supposed to be get someone that can deal with RM/

I have no proof that any of the groups exist, that's half the problem at the moment but let's hope they do exist.

In regards to this Pinto bloke, he had no luck when trying for Kimura so why use him again. I don't care how good he is supposed to be get someone that can deal with RM/
Nobody can deal with RM and that is THE problem. He is an egomaniac.

Laurie, isn’t trying for KIMURA. He is the Chairman of a KIMURA group company. It’s not the club using Laurie as a broker, it’s Laurie leading the charge to buy the club.

Laurie spoke to Fitz yesterday.

There is only one person to blame in all of this, no matter what side of the fence you sit on!

1) He sells completely
3) He soldiers on, and

Now, back to the top.

If your right and its options 2 or 3, i still see some issues.

If it is option 2 he better get that sorted quick as the clock is ticking, that way we can clear the footballing debt and hopefully the HMRC so the embargo is lifted. If he does get investment is there any guarantee that the football creditors and or HMRC will be cleared before the case, say it isn’t and he asks for an adjournment and the judge doesn't give it.

If it is option 3 then we may have some problems. If he hasn't cleared off the football debt thats a 10point deduction, best case scenario on the 23rd would then be we have 2 points if we have won all of our games till that point and still be under the embargo if he also hasnt cleared the HMRC. However there is no guarantee of an adjournment so the court could say no thats it done and dusted, he or we do not know what will happen, has to be 50/50 at best surely.

Appreciate your trying to calm some but at the moment there isn’t a lot to be cheerful about given there is not much common knowledge on whats going on. We are grateful to Crates updates and latterly Rigsby and Boy Wonders insights as well on this matter, however even those updates at times do not seem to be too good, but at least it is some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back