• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If an "investment" scenario happens, I think it will result in significant majority control of the club being handed over to investors. RM might retain a small % of shares but likely step down as Chairman and have no say in running the club day to day, or responsibility to fund it.

A future revenue deal to be done over Fossetts with new majority owners buying RH and training ground for now or being able to play in them rent free, but free to make some enhancements.

That's all just me piecing various things together but could be wide of the mark.
Makes sense, but then this is Ron we are talking about.

What I can’t understand is if the Rat, is playing games with the Pinto group, what do they have to loose by going public with their offer that is on the table a ready to go? Set out clearly what has been offered that way the Rat has no where to hide if it’s public knowledge and will force him to respond and make an acknowledgment of the offer at the very least.

But the thing like others that has confused me is @rigsby is saying this week or next we can expect good news, appreciate this is from/around a different group to that @CRATE is referring. But I’m guessing both groups have had some dialogue with the Rat to get to their respective positions currently wherever that is.

The rat has until 23rd August and I can’t seem him paying the petition debt, so we either fold or he relents and engages with both parties and we get a sale of some sort.

One way or another this surely has to be sorted in the next 12 days or so. I’m thinking the position will become very fluid with things changing constantly in the coming days. Hopefully with a positive outcome.

Sent it to @BoyWonder2 @shrimperjon @Cricko @Medway Blue @Lord Football if they choose to
Comment that’s down to them!

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been at hospital all day for the safe arrival of baby boy number 2. Just got home.

RM is being RM. But the impression I get is, for whatever reason, RM isn’t going to sell to Kimura/Kimura consortium. No idea why that is the case, but despite what RM & Anna Firth said, Kimura have provided proof of funds three times, and all three had been accepted. Kimura had/have the money to completely buy the Club. They are part of the magnificent 7, that @CRATE has links and is provided with correct information.

@rigsby is talking about another group, and I’m led to believe that’s the Australians. The impression I get, is that they’ll invest, and buy RM out of his controlling stake, and replace him as chairman, but he’ll retain a small % stake of shares and POSSIBLY be involved in FF going ahead, and our future laying there.

The magnificent 7 would remove us completely of RM. He wouldn’t be in the picture. I believe they tried to buy “everything” and I believe they’ve tried to buy “RM’s deal be put on the website”. Bids have been ignored, correspondence has been ignored and so on.

There are a few other rumours knocking around, but I’ll stay clear of those for know.

I believe the Australians are further down the line, and this ties in with what @rigsby is hinting at, and also what @Smiffy has hinted at of the post RM party. Whilst he wouldn’t be completely gone, he wouldn’t retain anything on the football side of things. I know that won’t please everyone, but it’s a start, which hopefully leads to the complete removal of RM further down the line.

As for @CRATE breaking his own NDA/verbal agreement with Pinto and co, he shouldn’t have to. Just like anyone who is providing information on here shouldn’t break the trust of their sources. Some choose to share/proof their findings to some, I’m sure there are others who just realise snippets and so forth. If he did post all his proof, share all the messages and whatever else he has, he’d break the trust he has, and not have that information again moving forward. I know some don’t like cryptic posts, or the snippets or half stories some people let out, but if people broke the trust of their sources, we’d always be waiting for the Club/Echo to break stories, and that isn’t the best way around either.

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been at hospital all day for the safe arrival of baby boy number 2. Just got home.

RM is being RM. But the impression I get is, for whatever reason, RM isn’t going to sell to Kimura/Kimura consortium. No idea why that is the case, but despite what RM & Anna Firth said, Kimura have provided proof of funds three times, and all three had been accepted. Kimura had/have the money to completely buy the Club. They are part of the magnificent 7, that @CRATE has links and is provided with correct information.

@rigsby is talking about another group, and I’m led to believe that’s the Australians. The impression I get, is that they’ll invest, and buy RM out of his controlling stake, and replace him as chairman, but he’ll retain a small % stake of shares and POSSIBLY be involved in FF going ahead, and our future laying there.

The magnificent 7 would remove us completely of RM. He wouldn’t be in the picture. I believe they tried to buy “everything” and I believe they’ve tried to buy “RM’s deal be put on the website”. Bids have been ignored, correspondence has been ignored and so on.

There are a few other rumours knocking around, but I’ll stay clear of those for know.

I believe the Australians are further down the line, and this ties in with what @rigsby is hinting at, and also what @Smiffy has hinted at of the post RM party. Whilst he wouldn’t be completely gone, he wouldn’t retain anything on the football side of things. I know that won’t please everyone, but it’s a start, which hopefully leads to the complete removal of RM further down the line.

As for @CRATE breaking his own NDA/verbal agreement with Pinto and co, he shouldn’t have to. Just like anyone who is providing information on here shouldn’t break the trust of their sources. Some choose to share/proof their findings to some, I’m sure there are others who just realise snippets and so forth. If he did post all his proof, share all the messages and whatever else he has, he’d break the trust he has, and not have that information again moving forward. I know some don’t like cryptic posts, or the snippets or half stories some people let out, but if people broke the trust of their sources, we’d always be waiting for the Club/Echo to break stories, and that isn’t the best way around either.
Congrats on the new shrimper

Last edited:

Congratulations BoyWonder on the birth of your second boy.

Thanks for the latest information on take-over developments.

If the 'magnificent 7' have met RM's public asking price for Roots Hall, then I think it might be time to make that clear to the club's supporters and to the MPs that have been trying to assist in the sale.

However, if the 'magnificent 7' have made a bid below RM's publicly quoted asking price, it might be worthwhile for this group to consider putting RM right on the spot by revising their offer to what is being asked.

While I appreciate this is not the way such negotiations are usually handled (and it must be very irritating to think RM is not compromising even for the sake of the club he owns) such a move would surely put a lot of pressure on RM to sell from various directions, and might just unlock what has been a absurdly, protracted process.

So the clock still counts down on the future of Southend United Football Club. RM uses the Judges deadline to attempt to achieve what has always been his priority, the best deal for RM and family. In the beginning he shouted about selling whilst in the same breath whispered the word investment, but that is where his hope and desire has always been. The buyers appear to have been there a while, hopefully they still are and will be at the 11th hour if RM perfered option does not come to fruition. Obviously we do not publicly know if their offer meets what RM has stated he would sell for. If they have or haven't at the present time it is regrettably irrelevant, RM still pursues another outcome because by the grace of the Court he is able to play a dangerous game of brinkmanship with the future our Club. The whole current situation feeds his narcissistic nature and for us our agony continues but in the end something has to and will give, we can only hope that when it does the outcome is favourable for Southend United.

Congratulations on the new arrival. Joshy Boy's been busy with the ITKs!

Some nice news for a change @BoyWonder2 🎉🎉🎉

I have thought for a long time now that Ron doesn’t want to sell, he wants the club wound up, he can then build his flats on the site of roots hall, and fossets farm. when he put the club up for sale, he didn’t anticipate the reaction from the fans, the media, the MP and certainly didn’t anticipate a hardship fund or the players and back room staff staying around when not getting paid. Basically he misread the room and the loyalty to the club that 1000’s of people have. He has been thwarted at every turn, he doesn’t like it so behaves like a petulant child. I just hope this charade of his ends soon so we can get back to being the club that we all deserve

He's been thwarted by himself paying off numerous WUP's over the years. Heck somehow he even ****ed up and paid the staff a few weeks ago.

Wholly unsurprising when it comes to Ron Martin.

I'm still not subscribing to the theory that he doesn't want out. I would say that the way he is behaving towards Pinto and Co. at the moment suggests that he has another arrangement lined up which he prefers as things stand.

That is how i see it BW and congratulations on the birth of your son.

We have no proof though that these Aussies even exist, so who knows what game RM is upto now.

Last edited:
Congratulations BoyWonder on the birth of your second boy.

Thanks for the latest information on take-over developments.

If the 'magnificent 7' have met RM's public asking price for Roots Hall, then I think it might be time to make that clear to the club's supporters and to the MPs that have been trying to assist in the sale.

However, if the 'magnificent 7' have made a bid below RM's publicly quoted asking price, it might be worthwhile for this group to consider putting RM right on the spot by revising their offer to what is being asked.

While I appreciate this is not the way such negotiations are usually handled (and it must be very irritating to think RM is not compromising even for the sake of the club he owns) such a move would surely put a lot of pressure on RM to sell from various directions, and might just unlock what has been a absurdly, protracted process.
I guess them coming out and shaming RM would be there final roll of the dice. Perhaps they don’t quite feel they are there just yet?

Congrats @BoyWonder2, i’ll be in the same boat come November 🤞

In regards the rumours you hint at, good, bad or indifferent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back