• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permission for temporary buildings will be considered by Rochford council shortly plus landscaping. Whitehorse has a contract to maintain and cut the pitches. Our groundstaff maintain B&L training pitches and when we move over the road they will maintain the new pitches.

The fact we are for sale with no assets, with stadium as an asset and the whole darn lot as an asset surely appeals to a wider audience, no? Its a bit of a pick n mix affair.
Hopefully it will attract more interested parties. I fear for our future if only the club is bought though.
just depends on Ron's expectations for the valuation being realistic 🤔

The Football club is up for sale. The new stadium is as well.
Yes i get the impression its all up for sale at the right price. Its so multi faceted with the housing builds and new stadium etc, ron martins sales proposal can almost be forgiven for its ambiguity.

Personally as im sure most of us feel, the ideal solution is the buyer can afford the club and new stadium. None of this paying rent bollocks.

Last edited:
And here is the problem, as I see. The club has no assets and will require a 2 million pound a year input to keep it afloat. Also Ron will want a rent on roots Hall as well. The cost to a potential buyer is huge. And for the foreseeable future we are staying at roots Hall. With regards to a new stadium not one brick has been laid, all we have is pictures and planning permission. It's pie in tgd sky as far as an investor is concerned. If the club was being offered with roots Hall we would have had a buyer already.
Any rich buyer of a football club would want to put their own stamp on it. A big part of the attraction would be designing and building a new stadium for their club. That gives the owner a means of self-expression and personal satisfaction for the £millions they have put in. A problem with our sale is that Ron has already fully defined what the future will be. The stadium is already designed. Does the new owner like the new stadium? Can it be expanded?. Does it fit in with the new owners hopes and dreams for their club? Or will FF stadium make the new owner feel that they are forever surrounded by "Ron World", that is not an expression of themselves?

That's before we even get into the fact that FF doesn't exist, and won’t do for several years in the best case.

Ron has woven such a web of cross connections, interparty liabilities, dependencies and risks. Who would want to get entangled in that? And all for a product which has already been fully defined by Ron and leaves the new owner with no blank sheet onto which they can start sketching out their dreams.

The whole structure of the development is underpinned by selling property. How does that fit in with rising material costs, labour shortages, rising interest rates and falling house prices?. Risks abound.

The rationale for building houses on Roots Hall was to provide the money for a new stadium. But if the new owner is buying the new stadium, then the rationale for leaving Root Hall no longer applies. Build the houses at FF instead, on the plot currently allocated for the stadium.

Offering for sale the club and Roots Hall makes far more sense for a potential purchaser. It frees them from Ron's tangled web and provides a blank sheet on which the new owner can start planning their dreams. They'll pay Ron far more for that opportunity than for the FF "opportunity".

It would be nice if the Football Club owned the ground but presumably a leveraged buyout (which is what Americans do) would mean paying as much in interest as we would in rent in the short term at least.

Any rich buyer of a football club would want to put their own stamp on it. A big part of the attraction would be designing and building a new stadium for their club. That gives the owner a means of self-expression and personal satisfaction for the £millions they have put in. A problem with our sale is that Ron has already fully defined what the future will be. The stadium is already designed. Does the new owner like the new stadium? Can it be expanded?. Does it fit in with the new owners hopes and dreams for their club? Or will FF stadium make the new owner feel that they are forever surrounded by "Ron World", that is not an expression of themselves?

That's before we even get into the fact that FF doesn't exist, and won’t do for several years in the best case.

Ron has woven such a web of cross connections, interparty liabilities, dependencies and risks. Who would want to get entangled in that? And all for a product which has already been fully defined by Ron and leaves the new owner with no blank sheet onto which they can start sketching out their dreams.

The whole structure of the development is underpinned by selling property. How does that fit in with rising material costs, labour shortages, rising interest rates and falling house prices?. Risks abound.

The rationale for building houses on Roots Hall was to provide the money for a new stadium. But if the new owner is buying the new stadium, then the rationale for leaving Root Hall no longer applies. Build the houses at FF instead, on the plot currently allocated for the stadium.

Offering for sale the club and Roots Hall makes far more sense for a potential purchaser. It frees them from Ron's tangled web and provides a blank sheet on which the new owner can start planning their dreams. They'll pay Ron far more for that opportunity than for the FF "opportunity".
Selling the club with the ground to me would make more sense. Ron will still get his pay off from developing fossets and he could raise money from the sale of roots Hall with the club. Seems like a win win situation to me. I would have thought that would make life for Ron much easier.

What is for sale, and what does the buyer want to buy, can be two very different things.
If the buyer is an entity with profit as the main investment driver then rehashed plans for stadium etc are unlikely high on their lists. Getting the build done and then onto profiteering on the housing will be more on the time scale.
Just conjecture, but if buying Ron out, at a fair price, is done there could easily be a big profit from a big investment.
What happens to SUFC in any deal is a quandary.

Ron martin has a stragle hold of the club .He says he is seling up Now we all know this takes time .But time is running out .By next month has has either parted company from the club Or show that the club has the funds to starrt another season .Iwill say RON MARTIN do the right thing for the club you say you love And leave ASAP.Only then can southend untied move on .

Am I just putting two & two together to make 5 or is there any depth in looking into this fella as a potential buyer ? I see that both Stan & Chris Phillips have recently added him to their twitter follows and since he's (a) loaded and (b) already owns clubs in the Canadian league and Europe....maybe there is some interest from him ? thoughts anyone ? :)

Am I just putting two & two together to make 5 or is there any depth in looking into this fella as a potential buyer ? I see that both Stan & Chris Phillips have recently added him to their twitter follows and since he's (a) loaded and (b) already owns clubs in the Canadian league and Europe....maybe there is some interest from him ? thoughts anyone ? :)
I reckon you might be onto something. Not heard much about this.

There is already a thread for this - latest rumours Ron’s put the club up for sale etc… Nash has been extensively discussed in there 😊

There is already a thread for this - latest rumours Ron’s put the club up for sale etc… Nash has been extensively discussed in there 😊
I thought I'd lost the plot there Spiffy, I was just in the middle of doing exactly what you have already done. Younger so quicker obviously!!

Shut yourself in a darkened room with enough supplies to last a week and read through this thread.

By the time you've finished you'll be none the wiser but will see that this person and subject has been discussed in intricate detail already..

Unless of course you're on a wind-up and I'm the first muppet to fall for it.. :Headbang:

A few people have mentioned that as Wrexham was sold for £2 million it shows potential owners would be willing to pay off our debts. The only problem is that isn't true, it's just been falsely reported so much that many articles mistakenly parrot it as fact.

In reality the Hollywood actors paid only a peppercorn fee for the club. The much misquoted £2 million was actually a commitment from the actors as part of the sale agreement that they would immediately invest £2 million into the club, which wasn't really a cost to them considering they were planning to put much more than that anyway and Wrexham weren't in debt.

A few people have mentioned that as Wrexham was sold for £2 million it shows potential owners would be willing to pay off our debts. The only problem is that isn't true, it's just been falsely reported so much that many articles mistakenly parrot it as fact.

In reality the Hollywood actors paid only a peppercorn fee for the club. The much misquoted £2 million was actually a commitment from the actors as part of the sale agreement that they would immediately invest £2 million into the club, which wasn't really a cost to them considering they were planning to put much more than that anyway and Wrexham weren't in debt.

Thanks for highlighting this. I always knew something like that was in play.
It drives me bonkers when folks quote Wrexham or Blackpool and others as the golden pathway for SUFC when all clubs have such different backgrounds, facilities, debts, problems etc.
It is as realistic and only slightly more relevant as comparing bananas and washing up liquid for which makes better cat food.

yep , sorry chaps , hadn't seen the other threads , sorry was just getting a bit too excited in my old age :(
Careful NN you'll be giving oldies like us a bad name😉. On a more serious note, I did hear a rumour at the market at Saint Gaudens last Thursday that a group of individuals led by Henrik Larsson could be interested in buying us. Has anyone heard anything similar?🤣🤣🤣

Well i have no info or contacts and havent heard any rumours apart from whats been said on these 106 pages, But i firmly believe things are happening that we dont know about, and all i can say is be patient people , yes i understand you love and care for the club and you worry, but all your worrying and stressing out isnt going to change a thing , just relax its early days at present ,and i doubt we will hear anything until i was guess middle of June
LOL. Just Relax

Imagine if RON was an owner / driver of a Taxi cab, and he ran and drove his Taxi cab like he does OUR Southend United.

Would you be able to relax in the back of his cab if he was driving you home.

• Wreck less driving,
  • Cutting off every corner
  • Running his tyres down to nearly bord as he has no money to buy new ones.
  • The Taxi cab looks and smells a pile of ****e.
  • And then, To never ever try to make conversation with you in the back.
  • And when you complain, he just laughs at you.
You would not want to ever get in that cab ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back