• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should or would he? As has been confirmed ad nausem, it's nit his role.

What don't you understand about that?
Oh my goodness. The whole thing about him coming in was so there would be transparency and since he has been in we have even less than before.

If it is not his role why are so many clinging on to his impromptu visit to New York?

I do not want details of who wants to buy. But what is for sale.

To quote how you rudely put it "what don't you understand about that?"

Oh my goodness. The whole thing about him coming in was so there would be transparency and since he has been in we have even less than before.

If it is not his role why are so many clinging on to his impromptu visit to New York?

I do not want details of who wants to buy. But what is for sale.

To quote how you rudely put it "what don't you understand about that?"

Oh my.

Why don't you ask one of the staff on the food counters? Or someone in the ticket office.

I thought we were working on the basic assumption that you understood that people have jobs and within those jobs they have things that they are responsible for and things that they are not.

Reading is your friend here.

Stan to potential investors "would you like to spend some of your hard earned cash on this football club?"

Investor "on what?'

Stan "Well I don't know"

Investors "Bye"

Hardly seems likely

JB Shirmper. Business expert.
I don't proclaim to be but you can't go to an investor with nothing. I'm sorry I have mentioned Stan as I know it gets people into an incredibly defensive postition for some reason but please don't be or at least pretend to be blinkered. I shall not mention him again as it I want productivity to increase and not have to worry about people untwisting their knickers!

I don't proclaim to be but you can't go to an investor with nothing. I'm sorry I have mentioned Stan as I know it gets people into an incredibly defensive postition for some reason but please don't be or at least pretend to be blinkered. I shall not mention him again as it I want productivity to increase and not have to worry about people untwisting their knickers!

Cool.

Stan to potential investors "would you like to spend some of your hard earned cash on this football club?"

Investor "on what?'

Stan "Well I don't know"

Investors "Bye"

Hardly seems likely
It won’t work like that. What you’re describing is an unrealistic cold calling type scenario where Stan is approaching random strangers offering a club for sale on the off chance.

If Stan has any role at all, it would be purely using his contacts to put people in touch with each other - e.g. he hears (through his contacts) of someone respectable that is looking for a club to buy/invest in. He might approach them to make them aware of SUFC and pass on the details of the agents handling the sale. He might wax lyrical about how amazing the club is - but that’s about it.

What to buy, and how much for, is something that any interested parties would discuss with the agents - and they will be intermediaries between those parties and Ron. Everyone will likely be under NDA protection before any details are shared for standard, every day business commercial and legal reasons.

The only way we would get any better information would have to rely on one person - the person who owns the entity and/or assets for sale (which might include land, training ground, approved stadium plans, staff and playing squad etc) to come out and provide some updates on progress.

Nobody else is entitled to do that. As that person is Ron, that’s why you’ve heard nothing - and will continue to hear nothing until there is concrete news to report.

We all just have to hope to hell that someone buys the club, Fossetts, training ground etc in full so that we never need to get the mushroom treatment again from Ron. We will get that from someone else instead for a change!

It won’t work like that. What you’re describing is an unrealistic cold calling type scenario where Stan is approaching random strangers offering a club for sale on the off chance.

If Stan has any role at all, it would be purely using his contacts to put people in touch with each other - e.g. he hears (through his contacts) of someone respectable that is looking for a club to buy/invest in. He might approach them to make them aware of SUFC and pass on the details of the agents handling the sale. He might wax lyrical about how amazing the club is - but that’s about it.

What to buy, and how much for, is something that any interested parties would discuss with the agents - and they will be intermediaries between those parties and Ron. Everyone will likely be under NDA protection before any details are shared for standard, every day business commercial and legal reasons.

The only way we would get any better information would have to rely on one person - the person who owns the entity and/or assets for sale (which might include land, training ground, approved stadium plans, staff and playing squad etc) to come out and provide some updates on progress.

Nobody else is entitled to do that. As that person is Ron, that’s why you’ve heard nothing - and will continue to hear nothing until there is concrete news to report.

We all just have to hope to hell that someone buys the club, Fossetts, training ground etc in full so that we never need to get the mushroom treatment again from Ron. We will get that from someone else instead for a change!
To be fair thank you for this breakdown rather than the sarcasm of the others, which I wouldn't mind if it was good sarcasm, it is appreciated.
I do think he knows more than many want to belief but that is my view.

If the club is not in the hands of some new owners in the next few weeks, I fear we’re in a very bad position.

We have a stadium which will cost hundreds of thousands to get passed for the season, where does this come from?

We have a management team, that could be picked up by any club in the country based on the job they can do. If I was them, if there is no new owner, I would be out the door.

Who wants to manage a club who can’t field a club?

I am 99% sure even if we had qualified for the playoffs on Saturday, TNL administration would have just come in docked us points for late payment of wages. Which could still happen at any point.

RM, is selling an absolute pipe dream, except for planning permission, a fan base and a tonne of debt, what else does he have? Absolutely nothing!

Our biggest asset (player wise) fled mid season and our best players agents will currently be doing there upmost to secure moves.

I know our day in court was scary, but what’s even more scary is we may not have a team at the start of next season without even needing to go to court unless new owners are delivered and quickly!

To be fair thank you for this breakdown rather than the sarcasm of the others, which I wouldn't mind if it was good sarcasm, it is appreciated.
I do think he knows more than many want to belief but that is my view.
Even if he does that doesn’t mean he can make that information publicly available.

I’m sure discussions around what exactly is for sale with potential investors is in the hands of General Sports Worldwide. After all, they’re the ones who have been appointed to oversee the sale, not Stan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back