• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consortium with Frank Lampard and David James… can’t see it myself, but hey I know absolutely sod all about anything. That much at least is clear!

At the game on Saturday I heard a rumour that SUFC will be banned from the National League next season due to financial irregularities. Mostly these rumours are unfounded but looking at the National League rules I found this:

Rule 07. 2.18

If during the course of a season the Board decide that the organisation and management or finances of a particular club fall below the standards appropriate to membership of the competition the Competition Secretary shall be instructed to warn the club at once that it may be excluded from membership of the competition at the end of the playing season. Such a club shall have the right to appeal to the FA within 14 days of the notification of the decision.

Others on Shrimperzone may also have read this.
The future is uncertain to say the least!

At the game on Saturday I heard a rumour that SUFC will be banned from the National League next season due to financial irregularities. Mostly these rumours are unfounded but looking at the National League rules I found this:

Rule 07. 2.18

If during the course of a season the Board decide that the organisation and management or finances of a particular club fall below the standards appropriate to membership of the competition the Competition Secretary shall be instructed to warn the club at once that it may be excluded from membership of the competition at the end of the playing season. Such a club shall have the right to appeal to the FA within 14 days of the notification of the decision.

Others on Shrimperzone may also have read this.
The future is uncertain to say the least!
We won't be the only ones struggling this summer. The Covid legacy is coming home to roost for a fair few clubs.

Ron 👏🏻
Won't 👏🏻
Sell👏🏻

We need to think of a way to put pressure on Ron whilst also attracting potential buyers. (No idea what this would be)

We will 100% be starting next season with Ron at the helm.
Your first paragraph is, I think, wide of the mark. He hasn't put a penny into the club in over a month. He's not even upkeeping the new training ground - as @Smiffy said, he didn't pay for it and it just ticked a planning box.

He's done. He wants nothing to do with the club anymore. I genuinely think he's downed tools (if he ever really held any in the first place). Outstanding debts to HMRC, suppliers and staff will be left for new owners to sort out.

Question marks over how long it will take, so your third paragraph could end up being reality, although fears over whether the club will make it through the summer financially, or beyond the NL AGM, might speed things up.

But certainly for me, any question marks over whether he's serious about selling are disappearing. A deal will have to be done at some point.

And with a good tailwind, that'll get us past 150 pages
rookie-numbers.gif

It is heart breaking to keep hearing wrexham has done this wrexham had done that .Just rember it has taken them 15 years to get out of this dam leauge .The only thing i like is the real story nof how the fans dug deep to keep the club going .That is the real story of wrexham .I just hope our club survives .And someone out there will releve us of RON MARTIN .

when a company goes broke and the cards come tumbling down mostly what is left is broken promises and shattered dream ..

there is no FF stadium - RM has taken every blooming penny out of the club -

his tangled web of companies are a smoke screen cos he does not make any money - he borrows it.

then when there is no money and nothing left he has to sell the one thing with any cash value .. SUFC.

He never put money in - he simply took money out and spoon fed the supporters (and council) a load of utter nonsense about a stadium and houses and shops and a hotel on a lovely greenfield site...

when a company goes broke and the cards come tumbling down mostly what is left is broken promises and shattered dream ..

there is no FF stadium - RM has taken every blooming penny out of the club -

his tangled web of companies are a smoke screen cos he does not make any money - he borrows it.

then when there is no money and nothing left he has to sell the one thing with any cash value .. SUFC.

He never put money in - he simply took money out and spoon fed the supporters (and council) a load of utter nonsense about a stadium and houses and shops and a hotel on a lovely greenfield site...

You've never mentioned this before.

So I don't miss any more of your insight, are you planning on repeating this for the next several months?

Only I'd hate to miss any more of your hot takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back