• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Just Relax

Imagine if RON was an owner / driver of a Taxi cab, and he ran and drove his Taxi cab like he does OUR Southend United.

Would you be able to relax in the back of his cab if he was driving you home.

• Wreck less driving,
  • Cutting off every corner
  • Running his tyres down to nearly bord as he has no money to buy new ones.
  • The Taxi cab looks and smells a pile of ****e.
  • And then, To never ever try to make conversation with you in the back.
  • And when you complain, he just laughs at you.
You would not want to ever get in that cab ever again.
What the f**k has driving a taxi cab got to do with the sale of SUFC.to begin with the sale of the club has been put into the hands of an American company, only when they believe they have found the right buyers and im sure RM before he hired them has detailed what he expects from the sale. Stressing over it can only cause in the long run a heart attack or serious illness , better to relax and let the process takes its course ,and it will be a long process im sure .

What the f**k has driving a taxi cab got to do with the sale of SUFC.to begin with the sale of the club has been put into the hands of an American company, only when they believe they have found the right buyers and im sure RM before he hired them has detailed what he expects from the sale. Stressing over it can only cause in the long run a heart attack or serious illness , better to relax and let the process takes its course ,and it will be a long process im sure .

It's called an analogy. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/analogy

. The stadium is already designed.

errrr - some generic drawings have been made ...

Ron has woven such a web of cross connections, interparty liabilities, dependencies and risks. Who would want to get entangled in that? And all for a product which has already been fully defined by Ron and leaves the new owner with no blank sheet onto which they can start sketching out their dreams.

the simple truth is RM is skint and all his companies are skint ....

Offering for sale the club and Roots Hall makes far more sense for a potential purchaser. It frees them from Ron's tangled web and provides a blank sheet on which the new owner can start planning their dreams..

I agree

I know that someone else on here mentioned this already but just to reiterate, the club (well, Ron!) have stated they would not comment again until the club's sale was agreed, but I really feel, a very short statement stating there are interested parties would put our minds at ease.
I realise from some ITK's there are parties looking at us but to hear it from the club would help. They can easily state there are parties interested, discussions have started and we will not comment any further until suitable.

The 1st March deadline was almost unbearable at times with the silence, and then this was followed by waiting for news of any sale (all whilst knowing we have to be sold or we will soon be dead in the water)

Club Statements can sometimes not be worth more than the paper they are printed on, but its better than mugging us off each and every day with complete silence.

I know that someone else on here mentioned this already but just to reiterate, the club (well, Ron!) have stated they would not comment again until the club's sale was agreed, but I really feel, a very short statement stating there are interested parties would put our minds at ease.
I realise from some ITK's there are parties looking at us but to hear it from the club would help. They can easily state there are parties interested, discussions have started and we will not comment any further until suitable.

The 1st March deadline was almost unbearable at times with the silence, and then this was followed by waiting for news of any sale (all whilst knowing we have to be sold or we will soon be dead in the water)

Club Statements can sometimes not be worth more than the paper they are printed on, but its better than mugging us off each and every day with complete silence.
Absolutely see where you're coming from here, and it would apply in 99% of normal situations. However, trust in the Chairman from the fans has disintegrated to such a level that any vague update would be treated with scepticism at the absolute best. Personally, the only statement I want is the one that tells us he's sold the club and the new stadium to someone who's passionate about our potential and has the financial clout to untap it.

Last edited:
Absolutely see where you're coming from here, and it would apply in 99% of normal situations. However, trust in the Chairman from the fans has disintegrated to such a level that any vague update would be treated with scepticism at the absolute best. Personally, the only statement I want is the one the tells us he's sold the club and the new stadium to someone who's passionate about our potential and has the financial clout to untap it.
Very true.
A statement from Ron wouldn't be worth tuppence.
A statement from Tom would be honest as to how a situation is at a precise moment based on an incomplete situation as he would be relying on Ron's story.
Silence is a basic safe plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back