• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is broadly true but these tweets came from Jobson Jnr himself and this isn't the first time he has mentioned bringing legal proceedings against Ron.

It's probably taken him a little while because the royal family have been in the news a lot over the last few years but obviously this is the time to do something because he can.
He can't possibly have been too busy for 22 years, surely if he has a claim then he would have found time to go to a lawyer at some point.

It may not be the first time he's said it but I've said many times I'm never drinking again yet hear I am with a hangover

If the club is not in the hands of some new owners in the next few weeks, I fear we’re in a very bad position.

We have a stadium which will cost hundreds of thousands to get passed for the season, where does this come from?

We have a management team, that could be picked up by any club in the country based on the job they can do. If I was them, if there is no new owner, I would be out the door.

Who wants to manage a club who can’t field a club?

I am 99% sure even if we had qualified for the playoffs on Saturday, TNL administration would have just come in docked us points for late payment of wages. Which could still happen at any point.

RM, is selling an absolute pipe dream, except for planning permission, a fan base and a tonne of debt, what else does he have? Absolutely nothing!

Our biggest asset (player wise) fled mid season and our best players agents will currently be doing there upmost to secure moves.

I know our day in court was scary, but what’s even more scary is we may not have a team at the start of next season without even needing to go to court unless new owners are delivered and quickly!
Chil out relax everything will be ok 👍🏻

Even if he does that doesn’t mean he can make that information publicly available.

I’m sure discussions around what exactly is for sale with potential investors is in the hands of General Sports Worldwide. After all, they’re the ones who have been appointed to oversee the sale, not Stan.
I'm not sure why, if he did know what was for sale, why he couldn't say it doesn't make sense to me its not like he is saying this is for sale and this is who is after it. Anyhow moving on as this topic seems to have awoken a fire in some people.

Had a stroke reading this sentence, if you can't make sense in what you're saying, don't say it lol.
That says more about you than me, I missed a one full stop and possibly a comma hardly destroyed the English language completely. But then your need to comment negatively over ruled the common sense as is normally the way here.

Let’s stick to the topic, rather than shaming others on the cohesiveness of their arguments, or written English imperfections, eh? We’re all shrimpers and we come in all shapes and sizes, with a vast range of abilities and experiences. All views are equally welcome, whether or not they are equally well informed or well expressed. :Thumbs up:

Let’s stick to the topic, rather than shaming others on the cohesiveness of their arguments, or written English imperfections, eh? We’re all shrimpers and we come in all shapes and sizes, with a vast range of abilities and experiences. All views are equally welcome, whether or not they are equally well informed or well expressed. :Thumbs up:
Not being informed is most of my debate but I see your point haha

Not being informed is most of my debate but I see your point haha
Ha ha. True. Do go back and watch the presser though JB - I wasn’t being sarcastic. Ron did say 3 things.

The club is up for sale.
If they can afford it the buyers can buy the new stadium (at a cut price).
No further info until sale is complete (hopefully by July).

I think the third of these is what is frustrating you, me (and many). But it was always going to be like this. I’m just clinging to the hope that some of the more informed posters on here, such as BW2, are correct that things are happening - even if no deals are imminent.

Well i have no info or contacts and havent heard any rumours apart from whats been said on these 106 pages, But i firmly believe things are happening that we dont know about, and all i can say is be patient people , yes i understand you love and care for the club and you worry, but all your worrying and stressing out isnt going to change a thing , just relax its early days at present ,and i doubt we will hear anything until i was guess middle of June

What does the above even mean?

A warning for those who want to exploit the full potential of our club by seeking American owners.........careful what you wish for!😉 My local club (90kms!), Toulouse F C, won the French Cup Final last night against Nantes. IIUC, this would normally qualify them to play in Europe but due to their American owners running other European clubs (one of the Milan sides), they may well be illegible. Just saying.....🤣🤣🤣
I think I could live with that, should it happen.

Reactions: TJC
Ha ha. True. Do go back and watch the presser though JB - I wasn’t being sarcastic. Ron did say 3 things.

The club is up for sale.
If they can afford it the buyers can buy the new stadium (at a cut price).
No further info until sale is complete (hopefully by July).

I think the third of these is what is frustrating you, me (and many). But it was always going to be like this. I’m just clinging to the hope that some of the more informed posters on here, such as BW2, are correct that things are happening - even if no deals are imminent.
Fair enough, I think asking me to listen to Ron was what made me see red, who wants to put themselves through that again? 😉

The Football club is up for sale. The new stadium is as well.
And here is the problem, as I see. The club has no assets and will require a 2 million pound a year input to keep it afloat. Also Ron will want a rent on roots Hall as well. The cost to a potential buyer is huge. And for the foreseeable future we are staying at roots Hall. With regards to a new stadium not one brick has been laid, all we have is pictures and planning permission. It's pie in tgd sky as far as an investor is concerned. If the club was being offered with roots Hall we would have had a buyer already.

And here is the problem, as I see. The club has no assets and will require a 2 million pound a year input to keep it afloat. Also Ron will want a rent on roots Hall as well. The cost to a potential buyer is huge. And for the foreseeable future we are staying at roots Hall. With regards to a new stadium not one brick has been laid, all we have is pictures and planning permission. It's pie in tgd sky as far as an investor is concerned. If the club was being offered with roots Hall we would have had a buyer already.

The accompanying training ground is underway though.

Everything is potentially for sale. That doesn’t mean everything will be sold.

There is no way to provide further clarity as it depends on what any buyers might want and at what price they value it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back