• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most fan ownership situations were patch-up jobs as a result of insolvency events. Fans can subsidise losses if unsecured creditors are sent packing but our situation is different.

The club is going for well above market value. Fans cannot afford assets, debts and running deficits.

That is the exact scenario that many fans called for in the last 5 years and back in March that is what Ron suggested.....Or sell some it, or all of it.

It not just Ron moving goal posts, so are the fans. The options are now roughly>

1) Ron staying with other peoples money.... Has more or less been removed by the fans.
2) Ron for an interim whilst sale is sorted
3) Ron retaining shares but no involvement with the football side of things
4) Ron gone new owners and FF
5) Ron gone new owners and RH
6) Fan owned club RH and a banning order so that Ron can't come within 5 miles of RH
Personally, I'll take any of these options as long as we never miss paying the player, staff and creditors again.

Sorry fbm, but my answer was made up for me in your first seven words.

As others have already said, for this club to move forward Ron must not be at the helm or have any legal control whatsoever over the football club, it's home or its finances. Even if Ron rocked up with £10m in £5 notes, I would still want him gone.

The dark cloud will not lift, nor true potential of this club be realised, until the day he departs. He goes, watch us fly. I'm counting down the days.
Hey, don't apologise, it's not particularly what I want. I think we may get it however and if we are really lucky, it will come with enough money to see us through the season.

I was just curious to see what sort of opposition to that idea there is.

You would have no income on it, that was not my suggestion and anyone who thinks you would get income from investing in the club is mistaken in the first place. You may break even.

What i am suggesting is that if fans are willing to give £5k to purchase the club, would they consider a 10 year season ticket instead. Your return is a season ticket for 10 years plus as it does not countdown until we get to league 1.
I understand. But how would the club be kept afloat for 10 years minus 2400 season tickets? That £700k a year would be needed to be funded by the owners?

The difference is, and like Blackpool, they were in different situations to us. York and Blackpool have modern stadiums that generate money on a non-matchday, sellable. Oldham have a brand new stand that houses modern hospitality which generates money, sellable. Scunthorpe have a much more up-to-date stadium than ours and again, can host much better hospitality, thus is much more attractive to a potential buyer, sellable.

This constant comparison to other clubs isn't going to help us, as much as we would like it to. Every single transaction is different. It's been said many times, aside from our amazing, loyal fan base, what is attractive about buying Southend United at the moment? Especially if FF is off the table.

We need to get it out of our heads that because other clubs have been bought, it automatically means we should. Our situation is totally different to almost all of them. I know the retort will be it's because of Ron, which is somewhat true. However, I say again, what is attractive about buying us at the moment? We play in a tin/wooden can that is falling to bits and hemorrhaging money. It requires almost £10m for the sale and a further estimated £10m to redevelop it. None of the other clubs listed above needed that level of investment. That's why their deals were concluded in a quicker manner.
With all due respect, what events are going to be held in Scunthorpe new stadium or not the place is a ****hole in the middle of nowhere.

We're a club with an average 6000 in the national league which could easily be 10,000, close to London in a city that's growing in a big big way in terms of size/infrastructure etc.

The problem is, and has always been the 🐀 who's left our stadium to rot, and if we're not careful will kill our club so yes I'm going to compare other recent sales of English clubs.

This is all down to the 🐀 and not this nonsense that he's driving as per.

Whatever you buy, house, car, van, business, sports club, Manchester Utd, the amount of your own money needed is generally a fraction of the overall price except apparently when discussing fan ownership on here when all the money has to be found by fans up front with no third party funding. Similarly, apparently anyone buying the club is making an investment and will want a return except when it’s fan ownership when it’s not an investment and we’d be funding huge losses. It’s hard to imagine a wholly fan owned model but the people on here dismissing it as laughable and the most ludicrous idea posted haven’t been reading all the other posts and rumours. If the Trust, Anna Firth and council think it’s worth exploring it will be interesting to hear where it goes before dismissing it out of hand.

@ForeverBlue we have asked you nicely. Now we must demand you appear before a jury of your peers and explain how you knew how RM was playing a high stakes game risking the club and had no intention of selling to any of the buyers mentioned on here. You stated this before we all caught up and many are coming to the same conclusion.

Failure to appear in a reasonable time frame will undoubtedly lead to a subpoena.

With all due respect, what events are going to be held in Scunthorpe new stadium or not the place is a ****hole in the middle of nowhere.

We're a club with an average 6000 in the national league which could easily be 10,000, close to London in a city that's growing in a big big way in terms of size/infrastructure etc.

The problem is, and has always been the 🐀 who's left our stadium to rot, and if we're not careful will kill our club so yes I'm going to compare other recent sales of English clubs.

This is all down to the 🐀 and not this nonsense that he's driving as per.
We only seem to cross the 10,000 mark when we go to Wembley or Cardiff. We didn't get that when we played good football and marched to the Champioship so find it unlikely we will get a 10k average gate unless of course it's band wagon jumpers if we were to have famous owners!

We only seem to cross the 10,000 mark when we go to Wembley or Cardiff. We didn't get that when we played good football and marched to the Champioship so find it unlikely we will get a 10k average gate unless of course it's band wagon jumpers if we were to have famous owners!
You would be surprised interest in football as gone up over the years especially after Covid with Ron gone and us at the right end of the table we could easily get 8000 9000 at home every week.

The new owners of this football club will not be the fans, don’t worry about that.
BW2 I know your contacts are very much on the playing side rather than the business side. Do you have a sense how optimistic the players are feeling? Did they get to engage with the Aussies when they visited? Etc

3 wins in a row, embargo ends and Ron retains 40% would folks roll over, or would the protests strengthen or drop away like lice cream in a melting sun? Be interesting to see the response of our very effective combined supporters group if we get suckered into a Ron remains scenario?

Let’s face it we are stuck with Ron. The only way he intends to sell if it’s on his terms.
Any serious potential buyers are staying away. Due to **** everyone off Ron. They know the man for what he is and know they can’t strike a deal with any value.
Time everyone accepts Ron ain’t going know where soon.
The way I look at it if I was buying. Is just wait for us to go into receivership and pick up a better deal.
This Ron selling is not realistic and never has been unless you have loads of dosh to waste on Ron’s removal.
Totally ****ed of with it all now, can’t see anything changing in our favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back